- Sat Apr 28 10:38 PM
• Mourinho: ‘Arsenal Invincibles made me a better coach’ • ‘This is the kind of job where experience makes you better’ José Mourinho has thanked Arsène Wenger for making him a better manager and admitted he, too, would like to still be in charge of a football club at the age of 68. The two manage...
- Sat Apr 28 12:12 PM
Scene of some of the manager’s greatest triumphs has brought devastating lows more recently and Manchester United will smell blood Deep in football conversation a few years ago Arsène Wenger outlined a theory he had about how the way managers talk about football can get into a player’s subconscio...
- Sat Apr 28 9:16 AM
Relations between José Mourinho and Arsène Wenger have eased recently yet how Manchester United fans might greet the Arsenal manager, for so long their bete noire, as he walks out at Old Trafford will intrigue, given the Frenchman is leaving the Gunners. On the pitch United will hope to claim ano...
- Fri Apr 27 2:13 PM
• Manchester United manager called Wenger ‘specialist in failure’ • Mourinho hopes Arsenal manager gets good Old Trafford reception José Mourinho has admitted to regrets over “episodes and words” involving him and Arsène Wenger. Manchester United’s manager believes his opposite number at Arsenal...
- Fri Apr 27 11:07 AM
It’s once again time to appreciate the most incompetent teams in the Premier League, from those who throw the ball straight to opposition to goalkeepers who can’t keep goal Welcome to the Guardian’s fourth annual index of ineptitude, its directory of disappointment and catalogue of clumsiness. To...
- Wed Apr 25 11:33 AM
Manchester United miscalculated the Ferguson succession badly and with the transformative Frenchman leaving, the Gunners still have all that potential disruption to come Arsenal have only three away games left in the Premier League this season, but happily there is still time for Arsène Wenger to...
- Tue Apr 24 3:44 PM
• Supporters’ trust labels prices for Chelsea game as ‘extortionate’ • FA has raised the costs of all but the cheapest seats The raising of FA Cup final ticket prices by up to 35% by the Football Association has been branded “extortionate” by the official Manchester United supporters’ trust. The...
- Tue Apr 24 10:28 AM
• José Mourinho ready to step up chase for Tottenham’s left-back • Rose has had difficult season after criticising Spurs’ transfer policy José Mourinho is targeting a right-back and left-back in the summer transfer market, with Manchester United’s manager hopeful of prising Danny Rose
- Mon Apr 23 1:59 PM
• FA Cup account had tweeted joke about striker and defender • ‘We have written to both clubs to apologise for any offence caused’ The FA has apologised to Tottenham and Manchester United after the official FA Cup Twitter account posted a joke mocking Harry Kane’s performance against Chris Smalli...
- Mon Apr 23 8:20 AM
Harry Kane is out of sorts, Joe Hart
soars before being floored, and Stoke must choose between youth and experience up front While Southampton will take something from getting this far in the world’s most celebrated domestic cup competition there are other, more pressing priorities, such as makin...
- Sun Apr 22 10:46 PM
The Spurs manager’s comments after his side’s FA Cup semi-final defeat suggest he is becoming frustrated by how his success at the club is being perceived What is success? It is a broad, somewhat vague question that is relevant to most aspects of life, and particularly so in the context of life a...
- Sun Apr 22 8:23 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from the FA Cup and England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Apr 22 3:21 PM
Mauricio Pochettino urged realism from Tottenham fans after the side crashed out of the FA Cup at the semi-final stage again. Dele Alli had given the London side an early lead, but goals from Alexis Sánchez and Ander Herrera ensured that it was Manchester United who progressed to the final for a...
- Sun Apr 22 2:30 PM
One game does not define a season, insisted José Mourinho after Manchester United beat Spurs 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final. Spurs took an early lead through Dele Alli, but goals from Alexis Sánchez and Ander Herrera sent Manchester United into a record-equalling 20th FA Cup final. With Manchest...
- Sun Apr 22 8:03 AM
Despite FA Cup semi-final failure against Manchester United, the progress the Argentinian is making at Spurs is undeniable It feels as though Mauricio Pochettino’s career at Tottenham has been a battle with the club’s essential nature, with the need to end the curse of Spursiness. Spurs had this...