- Tue May 15 8:41 AM
Today’s whispers are beach-body ready Despite doing everything to show that he is a man for the big occasion in helping his team reach a third successive Champions League final, Real Madrid are continuing their seemingly never-ending search for Keylor Navas’s replacement by switching their sights...
- Mon May 14 11:10 AM
Man City, Liverpool and Spurs all gave youth a chance to telling effect but there were plenty more young pretenders Player of the season | Manager of the season | Goal of the season | Match of the season Welcome to theguardian.com review of the 2017-18 Premier League season . We have nominated so...
- Mon May 14 9:06 AM
Today’s tell-all doesn’t care about your damn yellow buzzards In need of a left-back and ready to plump for experience over youth, José Mourinho will look beyond Celtic’s Kieran Tierney and sign Alex Sandro
from Juventus instead. A deal could be done following next Saturday’s FA Cup final and any...
- Sun May 13 10:29 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun May 13 5:10 PM
’s 464th and final Manchester United appearance – barring an unlikely run-out in the FA Cup final – featured a vintage moment via a sweet pass that created Marcus Rashford’s first‑half winner. The midfielder had walked out to a guard of honour and on 80 minutes strode off the turf...
- Sun May 13 2:04 PM
Keep up with all the 3pm BST Premier League kick-offs Follow Liverpool v Brighton – live! Latest in-running Premier League table Feel free to email Simon or tweet: @Simon_Burnton 2.04pm BST Crystal Palace: Hennessey, Wan Bissaka, Tomkins, Sakho, Van Aanholt, McArthur, Cabaye, Milivojevic, Loftus-...
- Sat May 12 6:30 PM
• José Mourinho’s assistant decides ‘time is right for me to move on’ • Faria has worked with Mourinho for 17 years Manchester United assistant manager Rui Faria is to leave the club at the end of the season. Faria has worked alongside José Mourinho at Old Trafford since 2016, having also been on...
- Sat May 12 5:21 PM
Featuring: City’s outrageous play, Pogba’s haircuts, Pellegrino’s credentials, and have the Baggies found their Special One? • Part 1: Arsenal to Liverpool Pre-season prediction 1st ; Current position: 1st Related: Premier League 2017-18 fans’ verdicts part one: Arsenal to Liverpool Continue reading
- Sat May 12 3:15 PM
• Teenager is nephew of former Dutch international Winston • Liverpool and Chelsea are also monitoring Feyenoord defender Manchester City, Manchester United and Arsenal have all offered contracts to Melayro Bogarde, nephew of former Chelsea defender Winston, with the defender free to sign his fir...
- Sat May 12 8:30 AM
Somehow, with no title race since 2014 and Manchester City all but wrapping up this one in October, it has still been enthralling And now the end is near. And so we face the final curtain or at best a rather demob-happy, oddly tension-free final flutter of a curtain that fell some time ago for mo...
- Fri May 11 3:52 PM
Manchester United’s odd league campaign will have them end in second place whatever the result versus Watford despite José Mourinho’s side rarely exciting or convincing. The visitors arrive safe in 13th and could end as high as 10th should they beat United and, given West Brom’s victory at Old Tr...
- Fri May 11 11:46 AM
• Everton manager says any player who wants to leave can go • Allardyce denies Rooney has asked for a move amid US interest Sam Allardyce has denied Wayne Rooney
has asked to leave Everton but insisted the former England captain cannot be given assurances over his playing time at Goodison Park. T...
- Fri May 11 9:25 AM
• Forward favours United move after Ajax contract talks break down • Interest casts further doubt over future of Anthony Martial José Mourinho is targeting Ajax’s Justin Kluivert this summer, with the 19-year-old favouring a move to Manchester United. Kluivert, son of the former Barcelona and Net...
- Fri May 11 8:30 AM
A wake is in store in Swansea, Klopp faced with a juggling act and a swansong for Conte and Benítez? This feature, you will note, is called ‘10 Things to Look Out For’ rather than ‘10 Things to Look Forward To’. Thank goodness for that, because there might not be much to look forward to at the Li...
- Thu May 10 9:59 PM
This was the kind of lethargic performance that José Mourinho has in mind when he warns that Manchester United will continue to exist in the shadow of their formidable neighbours next season. They are 19 points behind City and although this forgettable draw ensured that Mourinho’s side will finis...
- Thu May 10 7:04 PM
Premier League updates from the 7.45pm BST kick-off Sign up now to The Fiver, our daily football email And you can email Simon here , or tweet him here 7.04pm BST So since they lost at Brighton on Friday Manchester United have jettisoned Rojo, Young, Darmian, Mata, Fellaini, Matic, Martial and Ra...
- Thu May 10 4:33 PM
• DC United offer on the table for former England captain • Rooney unhappy at lack of playing time under Sam Allardyce Wayne Rooney
will await clarification from Everton on the club’s future management situation before deciding whether to end his Goodison Park comeback after only one season. The...
- Thu May 10 1:20 PM
The pod discuss the greatest player of all time , musical failures , televised football and Manchester United’s first title for 26 years Modern life is a great advert for nostalgia. That’s why we started Nessun Dorma, a semi-regular podcast about football in the 1980s and 1990s . We’ve almost fin...
- Thu May 10 9:48 AM
• United play Watford at home in their final game of the season • Former manager out of intensive care after brain haemorrhage Manchester United are considering marking their final Premier League match, at home to Watford on Sunday, with a gesture of support for Sir Alex Ferguson. United confirme...
- Wed May 9 1:55 PM
• ‘We are confident, ’ reveals Mourinho after Ferguson’s brain surgery • Manager says Romelu Lukaku
will miss game at West Ham José Mourinho has stated that Manchester United are “very, very positive” that Sir Alex Ferguson will recover from a brain haemorrhage suffered on Saturday. The 76-year-o...