- Thu Sep 6 10:30 PM
• Young Scot will lead team out to face Belgium at Hampden • Robertson set to be deployed as wing-back alongside back three Andy Robertson’s career regularly prompts flashbacks. The most pertinent one for now relates to 16 July 2014 and a Dundee United pre-season friendly at Station Park in Forfa...
- Thu Sep 6 8:54 AM
Today’s fluff is so fresh, so clean The Manchester Evening News has saved the Rumour Mill a job by taking a basin of ice-cold water and pouring it all over rumours linking John Terry with a surprise move to Manchester United. José Mourinho has made no secret of the fact that he thinks his curre...
- Wed Sep 5 10:30 PM
Liverpool defender is in top form but does not want people to get carried away as he bids to make his mark with England Joe Gomez, clad in England training gear with national teammates dotted around the futsal hall at St George’s Park engrossed in their own interviews, shuffled uncomfortably in h...
- Wed Sep 5 10:29 PM
• Teenager unlikely to resume first-team training until December • Adam Lallana
should be fit to play for Liverpool this month The young Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster is expected to be sidelined until December with the ankle injury that has delayed his introduction into Jürgen Klopp’s first-te...
- Tue Sep 4 5:52 PM
• Shaqiri made ‘Albanian’ gesture against Serbia in World Cup • Liverpool visit Red Star in group stages of Champions League Red Star Belgrade have said they will to protect Xherdan Shaqiri from “unwanted situations” when the Liverpool winger arrives for their Champions League group match in Nove...
- Tue Sep 4 3:26 PM
• Midfielder could not complete England training session • Lallana joins Raheem Sterling
on international sidelines England’s preparations for the start of their Nations League campaign have been further hampered after Adam Lallana
followed Raheem Sterling
and withdrew from the squad after suffer...
- Mon Sep 3 10:30 PM
• Jürgen Klopp has no plans to rotate goalkeepers in group stage • Decision is setback for Simon Mignolet
, Alisson’s deputy Jürgen Klopp has no plans to rotate goalkeepers in the Champions League group stage, with Alisson – the £65m summer signing from Roma – assured of the No 1 role in Europe an...
- Mon Sep 3 8:12 AM
Emery should change his tactics or his keeper, Sarri is getting his message across at Chelsea and it’s been a rough start for Burnley and West Ham Unai Emery must have known the question was coming, and the answer, a bit like Petr Cech’s goalkeeping, was not wholly convincing. Arsenal’s manager w...
- Sun Sep 2 10:30 PM
• Goalkeeper’s mistake gave away goal against Leicester • ‘I am happy it happened … we don’t have to wait for it now‘ When is a manager happy with his goalkeeper giving away a goal after trying a Cruyff turn in his own box? This is not the start of a joke, but if it was then the punchline would...
- Sat Sep 1 2:28 PM
Liverpool made it four wins from four matches for the season so far but got a reminder that they are far from perfect. Leicester exposed vulnerabilities in Jürgen Klopp’s team here while demonstrating that they are a dangerous outfit themselves. Liverpool prevailed thanks to first-half goals by S...
- Sat Sep 1 11:30 AM
Premier League updates from the 12.30pm BST kick-off The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email And feel free to email email@example.com 10.52am BST Leicester are one of Liverpool’s bogey teams. The Foxes have beaten the Reds at the King Power in each of the last three seasons...
- Fri Aug 31 10:30 PM
• Liverpool manager confident star striker will rise above row • ‘He wants to play for his country and he wants to play for us‘ Jürgen Klopp is confident Mohamed Salah’s row with Egypt’s football association will not affect his focus at Liverpool or commitment to the national team. The Liverpool...
- Fri Aug 31 5:06 PM
Leicester’s fine recovery from their opening defeat could end here. Liverpool have kept three clean sheets in their three wins and without Jamie Vardy, who is suspended, Claude Puel might be left wondering who will trouble Virgil van Dijk and company. Vardy has scored a whopping seven goals in hi...
- Fri Aug 31 9:19 AM
• Purslow appointed by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens • English businessman worked at Liverpool and Chelsea Aston Villa have appointed former Liverpool chief executive Christian Purslow as their new CEO and “minority investor”. Purslow, who joined Liverpool during the tenure of unpopular owners Geo...