- Mon Jun 4 8:40 PM
• Massachusetts General ‘carefully reviewed the game film’ • Liverpool fined €29, 000 for three instances of crowd disorder Loris Karius’s calamitous performance in the Champions League final could have been a result of concussion he sustained against Real Madrid, a doctor who assessed the Liverp...
- Mon Jun 4 9:52 AM
• Roberto Martínez names Laurent Ciman as back-up to defender • Adnan Januzaj included but Christian Benteke
misses out Vincent Kompany
has been included in Belgium’s 23-man World Cup squad despite picking up a groin injury during a friendly on Saturday. The veteran defender walked off the field...
- Sun Jun 3 5:43 PM
• PSG forward comes on as a substitute in 2-0 win at Anfield • Roberto Firmino also scores as Brazil tune up for World Cup Neymar marked his return from a knee injury in spectacular fashion as Brazil beat Croatia 2-0 in a friendly at Anfield. The Paris Saint-Germain forward produced a stunning in...
- Sat Jun 2 10:00 AM
The England forward grew up in London, made his name in Liverpool and now faces another big test at the World Cup Raheem Sterling
once claimed his face was responsible for the criticism he has learned to dismiss during his years at Manchester City, Liverpool and England. “You know, when you see s...
- Fri Jun 1 8:33 AM
Today’s fluff is only just getting started Ah yes, the Mill loves the smell of hooey in the morning. So our nostrils are throbbing with glee at some of the claims being circulated in the wakes of Zinedine Zidane’s sudden departure from Real Madrid. Such as the one that would have us believe that...
- Thu May 31 6:34 PM
The agonising lessons of the mistreatment of the Hillsborough victims are shaping a better approach to the victims of the Grenfell fire In his 2017 report on the lessons of the Hillsborough disaster inquests, Bishop James Jones published a clear statement of principle which was nevertheless a cha...
- Wed May 30 5:33 PM
• Liverpool forward hopeful of playing some part in group stages • Egypt to face Uruguay in first match on 15 June Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah will be fit to feature in the World Cup group stages, according to the Egyptian Football Association. The forward looked unlikely to play any part in the su...
- Wed May 30 5:11 PM
Sign up now! Sign up now! Need to re-subscribe because of this GDPR business? Sign up now! Four days have passed now, so it’s probably time to cut Loris Karius a little slack. After all, he’s not exactly the first keeper to make a howling mistake in the biggest game of his life. There’s Sven Ulre...
- Wed May 30 2:14 PM
• Ivory Coast forward is wanted by Tottenham and Chelsea • Palace confident Sako, Cabaye and Ward will remain at club Crystal Palace look set to offer Wilfried Zaha a new contract after his performances helped secure Premier League football for a sixth successive season. The Ivory Coast forward e...
- Wed May 30 8:39 AM
Today’s tell-all is a riddle trapped inside an enigma It was only a matter of time before a move away from the harsh glare of the spotlight was mooted for poor old Loris Karius . He’s been offered a season-long loan deal by newly promoted Serie C side Rimini . Their president has dressed it up...
- Tue May 29 10:00 PM
• Roma to resist Liverpool’s advances until after World Cup • Real Madrid also interested in making move for Brazil No 1 Roma plan on resisting Liverpool’s advances for Alisson until at least after the World Cup and would expect to get around €90m (£79m) for the Brazil goalkeeper should they ulti...
- Tue May 29 12:02 PM
Our resident cartoonist on clumsy Loris Karius, Sergio Ramos’s dark arts, Cristiano Ronaldo
’s joy and flags galore View all of David’s cartoons here Continue reading
- Tue May 29 10:55 AM
The Brazilian was pivotal to Monaco’s Ligue 1 title success and his arrival at Anfield suggests Jürgen Klopp’s side will be title contenders themselves next season “During the transfer window and even the month after, it was a little difficult to live with the situation, ” admitted Fabinho in Dec...