- Mon Nov 6 6:21 PM
After spending £40m on new signings in the summer only to languish in the relegation zone, it is clear the east London club let a torrid situation drag on There are times when the cheap option ends up being the most costly one. Although it is easy to understand why West Ham decided not to sack Sl...
- Mon Nov 6 11:59 AM
West Ham have sacked Slaven Bilic after results at the weekend left the club in the bottom three of the Premier League. Following the 4-1 loss to Liverpool on Saturday, Bilic admitted that no individual is bigger than the club. David Moyes is reportedly set to become the new manager at West Ham S...
- Mon Nov 6 11:07 AM
• West Ham say change needed for ‘club to move forward positively’ • Moyes expected to take job this week on six-month deal West Ham United have sacked Slaven Bilic as manager and are set to appoint David Moyes on an initial six-month contract. The club are in the relegation zone following Saturd...
- Mon Nov 6 9:09 AM
may tire of being kicked, Tony Pulis is under pressure at West Brom and Pep Guardiola may seek more firepower in January Eden Hazard
was fouled six times at Stamford Bridge. At one point in the second half the Belgium international was fouled by not one but three opponents in the colo...
- Sun Nov 5 7:56 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Nov 5 7:45 PM
• Joint chairman David Sullivan to meet Bilic on Monday • Moyes has been out of work since leaving Sunderland = Slaven Bilic is expected to be told he is no longer West Ham United’s manager during a meeting with the club’s joint chairman, David Sullivan, on Monday with David Moyes expected to rep...
- Sun Nov 5 4:02 PM
The Liverpool manager adapted his tactical approach and their opponents were left confused and overrun in a manner that bore hallmarks of Borussia Dortmund at their peak under Klopp Jürgen Klopp can occasionally not answer the question posed to him, and he was at it again after Liverpool’s 4-1 vi...
- Sun Nov 5 9:00 AM
Feeble performance by team who should be doing so much better results in 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool that provides few signs of any improvement to come It was four, it should have been six, it could have been 10. West Ham United have hardly prospered since moving to the London Stadium but, like...
- Sat Nov 4 10:37 PM
• West Ham manager under intense pressure after 4-1 defeat by Liverpool • Bilic: ‘I believe in myself and my team. I don’t feel a broken man’ Slaven Bilic is prepared to face “the situation and the consequences” after West Ham United’s latest capitulation at the London Stadium further loosened hi...
- Sat Nov 4 9:40 PM
Liverpool piled the pressure on West Ham manager Slaven Bilic with their 4-1 win at the London Stadium on Saturday evening which leaves the Hammers just one point above the relegation zone. Following the match Bilic admits no individual is bigger than the club, including himself Liverpool pile pr...
- Sat Nov 4 7:40 PM
For West Ham, it was another forgettable experience at the London Stadium. Another drubbing in the sprawling new home that was supposed to take this underachieving club to unimaginable heights, another night when the mood in the stands was mutinous at first and resigned by the time the final whis...
- Sat Nov 4 5:43 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off Jürgen Klopp and Slaven Bilic back Lovren after death threats And feel free to email your thoughts to Rob 5.43pm GMT 12 min Chicharito turns Matip 25 yards from goal and is palpably hoofed in the shin. The referee waves play on. 5.40pm GMT 9 min...
- Fri Nov 3 10:30 PM
• Liverpool fans also rally behind centre-half after traumatic fortnight • Bilic: ‘Lovren is a really good lad, an honest lad, he never makes any excuses’ Dejan Lovren has been given strong support by his manager, Jürgen Klopp, and West Ham’s Slaven Bilic after the defender received death threats...
- Fri Nov 3 3:37 PM
• Striker back in training earlier than expected following hamstring injury • Jürgen Klopp suggests he could play ‘20-25’ minutes at the London Stadium Jürgen Klopp has said Sadio Mané could be a surprise inclusion for Liverpool’s visit to West Ham United on Saturday and he would welcome internat...
- Fri Nov 3 3:07 PM
A fortnight on from that thumping by Tottenham, Liverpool have a spring in their step again after successive 3-0 home wins over Huddersfield and Maribor. They won 4-0 at the London Stadium last season and will back themselves to overcome the absence of Philippe Coutinho against a West Ham side wh...
- Thu Nov 2 5:09 PM
• Slaven Bilic plans to exploit Liverpool’s weaknesses at the London Stadium • West Ham missing five defenders but Winston Reid
and Aaron Cresswell fit West Ham United will have five defenders missing against Liverpool on Saturday but Slaven Bilic still believes his team can pull off a result aga...
- Tue Oct 31 8:04 PM
Thought for the Day | Lewis Hamilton | England’s Under-17 World Cup victory | Boleyn Bitter and Iron Ale | French butter shortage | The Guardian Reader Three cheers for John Humphrys ( Thought for the Day is ‘boring’, 31 October ). The continued exclusion of secular humanists from the programme i...