- Sat Feb 3 5:18 PM
It had already been a bad week for West Ham United, featuring yet another disappointing end to a transfer window and the dismissal of their head of player recruitment following his remarks about African footballers, and it was difficult to think of any positives once it was all over for this deep...
- Sat Feb 3 2:00 PM
Premier League updates and further afield Follow the goals as they go in around Europe The Recap: sign up for the best of our coverage And you can email Rob here with your musings 1.58pm GMT Manchester City are on course to move 18 points clear at the top of the table. Scott Murray has the latest...
- Fri Feb 2 4:44 PM
• David Moyes: ‘West Ham are a multinational club’ • ‘We want to buy the best and it doesn’t matter where they’re from’ David Moyes has said there is no policy at West Ham United against signing African players and that the club had tried to bring in two on deadline day. West Ham have been under...
- Fri Feb 2 2:38 PM
Brighton have only claimed victory three times at home this season and their position is beginning to look complicated. The visit of West Ham, blighted by injury and off-field problems, looks like a good opportunity to end their six-match winless run. Record signing Jürgen Locadia is not ready fo...
- Thu Feb 1 12:28 PM
A hectic January transfer window closed on Wednesday night – our writers look at all the 20 Premier League clubs and how their business unfolded A hectic transfer window closed on Wednesday night – amid seven Premier League games – with several clubs able to conclude deals on deadline day. Premie...
- Thu Feb 1 9:17 AM
• Henry allegedly told agents club do not want to sign African players • West Ham say they will carry out ‘thorough investigation’ West Ham have suspended Tony Henry, “pending a full and thorough investigation” after the club’s director of player recruitment was reportedly accused of racism and u...
- Thu Feb 1 12:25 AM
• Anderlecht refuse to sell midfielder Leander Dendoncker • Tony Henry alleged to avoid African players for ‘bad attitude’ West Ham United’s deadline day ended in acrimony and frustration after their director of player recruitment was reportedly accused of racism and unlawful discrimination, and...
- Wed Jan 31 8:29 AM
Today’s whispers are very, very important Oh you didn’t know? It’s the most wonderful time of the year . From slamming windows to tinted windows, war chests, bargain bins and has beens, transfer deadline day really is one like no other. What other event would inspire the Guardian’s football edito...
- Tue Jan 30 9:47 PM
Although it is impossible to argue with the assertion that West Ham United are crying out for reinforcements before the transfer window closes tonight, at least this gritty performance provided more evidence that David Moyes is capable of inspiring them to battle against adversity. A point was a...
- Mon Jan 29 1:09 PM
• Defender was sent off for spitting at Wigan’s Nick Powell
• Six-game suspension adds to Hammers’ personnel crisis The West Ham defender Arthur Masuaku has been banned for six games by the Football Association for spitting at the Wigan midfielder Nick Powell
. The Hammers left-back apologised aft...
- Mon Jan 29 8:23 AM
Michy Batshuayi might be just what Chelsea need, VAR creates fresh farce and Coventry’s on-field outlook brightens at last Cardiff are not the first team to irk Pep Guardiola this season with their aggressive style but the constant fouling and Lee Mason’s conservative use of cards meant Mancheste...
- Sun Jan 28 10:29 PM
• ‘There is no fear, ’ says League One side’s match-winner • West Ham’s woes compounded by injuries and suspension Paul Cook’s expressed desire for an FA Cup fifth-round tie against Liverpool at Anfield was wiped out within hours of his Wigan side eliminating West Ham, though there are still plen...
- Sun Jan 28 8:13 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round matches Continue reading