- Sun Mar 18 6:19 AM
Football is increasingly run by mediocre people infected by politics and commerce, yet fans still cling to it as a distraction from real life On 27 June 2016, four days after the EU referendum , England were beaten 2-1 by Iceland in the knockout stages of the European football championships. It w...
- Fri Mar 16 7:12 PM
• Vice-chairman wrote to Sadiq Khan blaming the stadium owner • Monday meeting followed serious crowd trouble in loss to Burnley Sadiq Khan has rebuked Karren Brady for claiming that cuts in the London Stadium’s security budget were responsible for the crowd trouble that marred West Ham United’s...
- Fri Mar 16 5:06 PM
Skripal evidence | Happy countries | Exam crackdown | Making 2001 | West Ham John Cookson ( Letters, 16 March ) states: “As for sharing samples with the Russians, that is akin to sharing the evidence of a murder with the murderer.” But sharing evidence with an accused person (or their legal repre...
- Thu Mar 15 10:35 PM
• Warning follows crowd trouble in Burnley game at London Stadium • Club warned that any future trouble will lead to sanction West Ham United have been warned they could face playing behind closed doors if there is a repeat of the crowd trouble that marred their 3-0 home defeat against Burnley. R...
- Wed Mar 14 11:36 AM
• Club working with police after trouble during defeat by Burnley • West Ham will also ask courts to issue blanket banning orders West Ham have vowed to issue life bans to the fans who invaded the pitch during Saturday’s 3-0 defeat by Burnley. The Premier League match at the London Stadium was ma...
- Tue Mar 13 11:21 AM
Our cartoonist looks at the dismal state of the Hammers and plenty more View all of David’s cartoons here Continue reading
- Mon Mar 12 10:25 PM
West Ham once gave life to a part of east London, but the Boleyn ground is gone and the heart has been ripped out of the club The fate of the little memorial garden on Green Street, next to where the Boleyn ground’s main entrance once stood, is just one of the problems facing West Ham United. Ful...
- Mon Mar 12 7:08 PM
• MP asks Karren Brady why board were silent after fan threatened • Club were alerted to abuse by supporter group before meeting them West Ham United have been described as behaving like “ostriches with their heads in the sand” by a Labour MP who has written to Karren Brady demanding to know why...
- Mon Mar 12 2:33 PM
• Decision follows ugly scenes at home game against Burnley • Under stadium deal LLDC foots bill for police at matches West Ham United are prepared to pay for a huge police presence inside the London Stadium to help to prevent a repeat of the crowd disturbances that marred Saturday’s 3-0 defeat b...
- Mon Mar 12 9:11 AM
Alex Iwobi is drifting, Pellegrino is on dangerous ground and Manchester United produced a classic performance It always feels unfair to single out a young player, not least one who seems with each performance these days to become a one-man Arsenal social media event, a living banter-meme. Just c...