- Thu Feb 1 12:28 PM
A hectic January transfer window closed on Wednesday night – our writers look at all the 20 Premier League clubs and how their business unfolded A hectic transfer window closed on Wednesday night – amid seven Premier League games – with several clubs able to conclude deals on deadline day. Premie...
- Thu Feb 1 9:17 AM
• Henry allegedly told agents club do not want to sign African players • West Ham say they will carry out ‘thorough investigation’ West Ham have suspended Tony Henry, “pending a full and thorough investigation” after the club’s director of player recruitment was reportedly accused of racism and u...
- Thu Feb 1 12:25 AM
• Anderlecht refuse to sell midfielder Leander Dendoncker • Tony Henry alleged to avoid African players for ‘bad attitude’ West Ham United’s deadline day ended in acrimony and frustration after their director of player recruitment was reportedly accused of racism and unlawful discrimination, and...
- Wed Jan 31 8:29 AM
Today’s whispers are very, very important Oh you didn’t know? It’s the most wonderful time of the year . From slamming windows to tinted windows, war chests, bargain bins and has beens, transfer deadline day really is one like no other. What other event would inspire the Guardian’s football edito...
- Tue Jan 30 9:47 PM
Although it is impossible to argue with the assertion that West Ham United are crying out for reinforcements before the transfer window closes tonight, at least this gritty performance provided more evidence that David Moyes is capable of inspiring them to battle against adversity. A point was a...
- Mon Jan 29 1:09 PM
• Defender was sent off for spitting at Wigan’s Nick Powell
• Six-game suspension adds to Hammers’ personnel crisis The West Ham defender Arthur Masuaku has been banned for six games by the Football Association for spitting at the Wigan midfielder Nick Powell
. The Hammers left-back apologised aft...
- Mon Jan 29 8:23 AM
Michy Batshuayi might be just what Chelsea need, VAR creates fresh farce and Coventry’s on-field outlook brightens at last Cardiff are not the first team to irk Pep Guardiola this season with their aggressive style but the constant fouling and Lee Mason’s conservative use of cards meant Mancheste...
- Sun Jan 28 10:29 PM
• ‘There is no fear, ’ says League One side’s match-winner • West Ham’s woes compounded by injuries and suspension Paul Cook’s expressed desire for an FA Cup fifth-round tie against Liverpool at Anfield was wiped out within hours of his Wigan side eliminating West Ham, though there are still plen...
- Sun Jan 28 8:13 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round matches Continue reading
- Sat Jan 27 5:06 PM
Only the two Manchester clubs have won more games than Wigan Athletic this season, though the home players were looking forward to this match because it came without the pressure of being expected to deliver. The Latics certainly began in relaxed fashion, having named his strongest side Paul Cook...
- Fri Jan 26 7:22 PM
All the news and match previews for this weekend’s FA Cup fourth-round matches If Manchester City are to complete the quadruple they will have to get past a team whose form has been somewhat mixed in recent weeks. Cardiff are undefeated in four games having lost their previous four games, but wit...
- Fri Jan 26 6:17 PM
Winning the FA Cup in 2013 final seems a long time ago but Wigan are back to their giantkilling exploits and have West Ham in their sights When Wigan Athletic won 3-1 at Plymouth to go five points clear at the top of League One last Saturday, Argyle’s manager, Derek Adams, described them as a Cha...
- Fri Jan 26 4:54 PM
• Brazilian is not cup-tied for the Champions League • Moura had talks with Mauricio Pochettino on Thursday Tottenham Hotspur believe a January deal for the Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas Moura is theirs for the taking. The £25m-rated Brazilian visited the club’s training ground in Enfield on T...