- Mon Jan 22 7:50 AM
is weighing in with some key contributions, Christian Benteke
is not and Tottenham are showing how much weaker they are without Christian Eriksen Sergio Agüero has had a curiosity of a campaign. He has been injured, benched and below par at times. He has been outscored by Raheem Ste...
- Sun Jan 21 10:30 PM
• Everton manager says pair are too slow to accommodate both • ‘They are very talented but covering ground is not their strength’ Sam Allardyce has admitted that Wayne Rooney
and Gylfi Sigurdsson
cannot both be accommodated in his Everton team because of their lack of pace, raising the prospect t...
- Sat Jan 20 5:08 PM
Sam Allardyce would have chosen a more salubrious way to celebrate managing 1, 000 games in English football, but might console himself that things should have been even worse. Everton could hardly have looked less coherent but saved a point in a manner that will provide a drop of encouragement....
- Sat Jan 20 11:49 AM
At the iron gates of the Hawthorns, fans gathered to share memories of Cyrille Regis, the first black hero of English football As any pub quiz regular will tell you, the Hawthorns, home of West Bromwich Albion since 1900, is the highest league football stadium above sea level in the UK. It stands...
- Fri Jan 19 5:04 PM
Boosted by their January recruits, Everton will see this match as an opportunity to turn a poor run of form around. Theo Walcott
will add some much needed pace and will oppose his former team-mate Kieran Gibbs. West Brom picked up three crucial points against fellow strugglers Brighton last time...
- Fri Jan 19 4:58 PM
• Everton debut to follow unceremonious Arsenal exit • West Brom game to be Sam Allardyce’s 1, 000th as a manager Having spent 12 years at Arsenal, scoring 108 goals in 397 appearances and helping the club win two FA Cups, Theo Walcott
might have expected his departure from the Emirates would be...
- Fri Jan 19 8:30 AM
Arsène Wenger seeks a reaction, Rafa Benítez may change approach against Manchester City and is Glenn Murray what Chelsea need? Two teams struggling to score goals go toe-to-toe when Brighton and Chelsea get the Premier League ball rolling in Saturday’s early kick-off. Brighton have drawn seven b...
- Tue Jan 16 6:29 PM
• Arsenal manager accused official of ‘not being honest’ • Referee gave Albion controversial spot-kick in New Year’s Eve draw Arsène Wenger accused the referee Mike Dean of not being honest and branded him a “disgrace” in a heated exchange following December’s 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns. The Footb...
- Tue Jan 16 1:14 PM
Cyrille Regis was not just an international footballer. He was a special man who touched the lives of the people he met Football fans across the country have been united in grief by the news that Cyrille Regis has died at the age of 59 after suffering a heart attack. Regis, who won five caps for...
- Mon Jan 15 5:39 PM
West Bromwich Albion and England footballer who blazed a trail for black players in the 1970s and 80s Cyrille Regis, who has died aged 59 of a suspected heart attack, was a greatly admired centre-forward with West Bromwich Albion, Coventry and England and one of the first black footballers to mak...
- Mon Jan 15 3:30 PM
10 February 1990 Former electrician Regis joined West Bromwich Albion in 1977 for £5, 000 from non-League Hayes, scoring twice on his debut • Regis, pioneering black footballer, dies aged 59 There have been few more explosive starts to a career than the one made by Cyrille Regis. Except for that...
- Mon Jan 15 12:58 PM
As a player, Cyrille Regis used his strength and control to burst through the defences. As a man, he endured unspeakable abuse in order to ease the way for others The sun was shining on the Baseball Ground, which didn’t seem to happen very often at a ground traditionally reduced by early winter w...
- Mon Jan 15 10:47 AM
The former West Bromwich Albion and England striker Cyrille Regis has died aged 59, it was announced on Monday. Regis was a pioneer for black footballers in England in the late 1970s at West Brom where he played between 1977 and 1984. He also won five caps for England and lifted the FA Cup with C...
- Mon Jan 15 10:09 AM
Regis, pioneering black footballer, dies aged 59 Paul Rees: ‘We got off the coach and … people spat at us’ WBA testimonial when black players took on white players 10.09am GMT Cyrille Regis was the third black player to be capped for England, after his West Brom team-mate Laurie Cunningham and Vi...
- Mon Jan 15 7:52 AM
Arsenal have hit an all-time low under Arsène Wenger, Chelsea could go for Andy Carroll
and Sam Allardyce needs a result Chelsea have endured three successive goalless draws for the first time and it is inconceivable the scouting department is not exploring forward options. Something has clearly...
- Sat Jan 13 9:02 PM
• Incident took place during West Brom’s 2-0 home win • Striker Rodriguez pinched nose after clashing with Brighton defender The West Brom forward Jay Rodriguez
will be reported to the Football Association for a remark allegedly made to the Brighton defender Gaëtan Bong. Neither manager would com...
- Sat Jan 13 5:16 PM
West Brom’s long wait for a Premier League win finally ended as Brighton were beaten 2-0 at The Hawthorns. Jonny Evans
’ early header set Albion on their way to halting a 20-game run stretching back to August, with fellow defender Craig Dawson heading in a second goal at the start of the second ha...
- Fri Jan 12 6:25 PM
West Bromwich Albion finally ended their marathon run without a win in all competitions last time out but that was against League Two’s Exeter. Alan Pardew has an ideal chance to build on that against Brighton and to spark a revival as Chris Hughton’s side have scored just five goals on the road...
- Fri Jan 12 4:22 PM
• West Brom player went into crowd after hearing comment by supporter • ‘Inciting or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated, ’ say West Ham West Ham have issued an indefinite ban to the supporter who abused the West Brom midfielder Jake Livermore
at the London Stadium. Livermore climbed into the...
- Wed Jan 10 2:00 PM
• West Brom player waded into crowd after remark about his son who died • FA tells Livermore not to repeat his actions, with safety in mind Jake Livermore
will not face action from the Football Association after a remark directed towards him in relation to his baby son who died in 2014 prompted h...
- Mon Jan 8 7:24 PM
• Senegal striker set to move for £13m to one of three suitor clubs • Player will make decision based on where he is likely to get most games Oumar Niasse is set for a January move from Everton, with Crystal Palace, Brighton & Hove Albion and West Bromwich Albion having declared an interest. Ever...
- Mon Jan 8 5:14 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup third round matches Continue reading
- Mon Jan 8 3:30 PM
• City believe they can land Sánchez in January for around £30m • Pep Guardiola also revives interest in West Brom defender Jonny Evans
Manchester City are set to make a fresh bid for Alexis Sánchez, with the club believing the Chilean can be prised from Arsenal this month. The forward is due to...
- Sat Jan 6 5:18 PM
Alan Pardew was able to dance a jig of delight to welcome a much-needed first win in charge of West Bromwich Albion as they survived some FA Cup jitters at St James Park to see off Exeter City 2-1. It was Pardew’s first game in the FA Cup since taking Crystal Palace to the final in 2016, when he...
- Fri Jan 5 4:03 PM
• Arsenal manager’s comments to Mike Dean followed draw at West Brom • Wenger’s punishment starts at Nottingham Forest in FA Cup on Sunday Arsène Wenger has been handed a three-match touchline ban and a £40, 000 fine following a Football Association misconduct charge over comments he made about t...
- Fri Jan 5 12:02 AM
Sean Dyche should take his best team to Manchester City, Mauricio Pellegrino and Alan Pardew must avoid upsets and VAR will add to a combustible derby If there is one message that Jürgen Klopp has to drum into his defenders before Friday night’s Merseyside derby, it is to resist the temptation to...
- Thu Jan 4 9:57 AM
Only Derby County’s disastrous 2007-08 team – who won once all season – have gone for longer without tasting victory By Martin Laurence for WhoScored? , part of the Guardian Sport Network The significance of the game between Premier League strugglers West Ham and West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday n...
- Wed Jan 3 12:14 PM
• West Ham have identified fan involved in altercation • FA could take sympathetic view towards West Brom player over incident Jake Livermore
has told West Bromwich Albion officials that a remark directed towards him in relation to his baby son who died in 2014 prompted him to wade into the crowd...
- Tue Jan 2 10:01 PM
It was the most dramatic of endings. Most people inside the London Stadium had given up hope of seeing a winning goal and West Ham United were contemplating the disappointment of wasting yet another opportunity against one of their relegation rivals. Andy Carroll
had other ideas, however, and sud...
- Tue Jan 2 6:51 PM
Premier League and Championship updates from Tuesday’s games Live scoreboard: the latest from Tuesday’s matches And feel free to ping Nick an email or tweet him here 6.51pm GMT Swansea: Fabianski, van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Mawson, Rangel, Sanches, Carroll, Clucas, Olsson, Dyer, Ayew. Subs: Fer, N...