- Tue Jan 16 8:25 AM
Today’s whispers are feeling brand new The Mill has always been a fan of footballers who smoke. We can still clearly remember the thrill of seeing Sinisa Mihajlovic sparking up around the back of Selhurst Park after playing for Internazionale in a friendly against Crystal Palace way back in the h...
- Mon Jan 15 7:52 AM
Arsenal have hit an all-time low under Arsène Wenger, Chelsea could go for Andy Carroll
and Sam Allardyce needs a result Chelsea have endured three successive goalless draws for the first time and it is inconceivable the scouting department is not exploring forward options. Something has clearly...
- Sat Jan 13 5:25 PM
Benítez and Carlos Carvalhal shook hands at the end, neither man could disguise their disappointment. A hard-fought point is all very sell but Carvalhal’s Swansea City remain bottom. As for Newcastle they are hovering above the relegation zone, have now gone seven home Premier League ga...
- Fri Jan 12 5:10 PM
Benítez is still in the dark about his January transfer budget and does not sound tremendously optimistic about the prospect of actually signing any players this month. Throw in mounting uncertainties about Newcastle’s mooted takeover and Benítez looks to have almost as many problems as Sw...
- Thu Jan 11 5:14 PM
• Goalkeeper’s arrival for £3.5m expected to begin month of recruitment • Swansea’s Carlos Carvalhal says it will take £50m to sign Alfie Mawson Crystal Palace are closing in on the signing of Vicente Guaita from Getafe, with the goalkeeper’s expected arrival to begin what could be a busy month o...
- Mon Jan 8 9:19 AM
Mark Robins’ eye-catching Coventry deserve their headlines, Liverpool have a bargain in Andrew Robertson and Wolves are already good enough for top flight Amid all the hoopla over the departing Mark Hughes , it is right to take a moment to praise Coventry City. They were deserved winners of the t...
- Sat Jan 6 5:08 PM
This was the result that neither side really wanted. Despite dominating for most of the match, Championship leaders Wolves were unable to force a result against their Premier League opponents on a Black Country afternoon with a distinctly Portuguese flavour. In visitors’ dugout, the experienced C...
- Tue Jan 2 9:56 PM
Tottenham started 2018 as they had done eight of the previous nine years with a win thanks to a goals from Swansea City old boy Fernando Llorente and Dele Alli that moved them ahead of Arsenal into fifth place in the Premier League table. Related: Manchester City 3-1 Watford, Swansea 0-2 Tottenha...
- Tue Jan 2 6:51 PM
Premier League and Championship updates from Tuesday’s games Live scoreboard: the latest from Tuesday’s matches And feel free to ping Nick an email or tweet him here 6.51pm GMT Swansea: Fabianski, van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Mawson, Rangel, Sanches, Carroll, Clucas, Olsson, Dyer, Ayew. Subs: Fer, N...
- Mon Jan 1 6:59 PM
• Diafra Sakho wants to leave London club in search of first-team football • Deal to take Andre Ayew back to the Liberty Stadium is viewed as unlikely Swansea City are interested in signing Diafra Sakho from West Ham United but a deal to take Andre Ayew back to the Liberty Stadium is viewed as un...
- Sun Dec 31 8:30 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 31 1:26 PM
• Young charge follows incident during Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Southampton • Swansea City defender Kyle Naughton
also charged with violent conduct Manchester United’s Ashley Young
has been charged with violent conduct following an incident in Saturday’s match against Southampton, the Football As...
- Sun Dec 31 10:00 AM
The winter window opens on 1 January with most clubs desperate to make signings. Here we look at the 20 clubs and the players they hope will arrive Arsène Wenger anticipates that he will be busier fielding enquires about fringe players in his squad – he would be open to moving a few out – but he...
- Sat Dec 30 5:20 PM
A sensational late turnaround gave Carlos Carvalhal victory over Watford in his first game as Swansea manager. Simple, close-range finishes from Jordan Ayew and substitute Luciano Narsingh in the final minutes of the match left Vicarage Road echoing to the sounds of Hymns and Aria, and visiting f...
- Sat Dec 30 12:28 PM
From Arsenal to West Ham, fans assess what they need most in the January sales Related: Transfer window January 2018 – every deal in Europe's top five leagues Continue reading
- Fri Dec 29 6:36 PM
Carlos Carvalhal takes charge of his first game as the Swansea City manager with the huge task of avoiding relegation on his hands. Lightning will need to strike twice for Swansea as they were bottom at this stage of the season last year. Watford arrested their terrible run last time out and Marc...
- Fri Dec 29 4:00 PM
• Swansea City chairman responds to mounting unrest and personal criticism • 54-year-old says there is no spare money from Americans for player transfers Huw Jenkins has accepted that his position as Swansea City chairman will become untenable if the club is relegated this season and also reveale...
- Fri Dec 29 7:53 AM
Carvalhal needs immediate impact at Swansea, Schmeichel seeks redemption and Chelsea’s Azpilicueta-Morata combination threatens Stoke The wisdom of appointing Carlos Carvalhal as Swansea’s new manager is, to say the least, questionable: a man who was dismissed on Christmas Eve for underachieving...
- Thu Dec 28 12:07 PM
• Former Sheffield Wednesday manager takes over at Liberty Stadium • Carvalhal succeeds Paul Clement at Premier League’s bottom side Carlos Carvalhal has been appointed as the new Swansea City manager. The Portuguese, who left Sheffield Wednesday by mutual consent on Christmas Eve, has been given...
- Wed Dec 27 8:48 AM
Our roundup of the best photography from the festive top-flight matches Continue reading
- Tue Dec 26 9:37 PM
Jürgen Klopp said the one-sided scoreline did not reflect the game and praised Roberto Firmino for his display after the Brazilian scored two goals in the win at Anfield Roberto Firmino double leads Liverpool’s rout of sorry Swansea Continue reading
- Tue Dec 26 7:48 PM
Huw Jenkins, the Swansea City chairman, slumped lower and lower in his padded seat in the Anfield directors’ box as Liverpool served up a Boxing Day rout. Jürgen Klopp’s team were a league apart from the struggling South Wales club and next season they will be just that unless Leon Britton, or wh...
- Tue Dec 26 4:30 PM
Live Premier League updates from the 5.30pm kick-off at Anfield Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says his first thought is to defend Premier League fans’ half-time verdict – part 1: Arsenal to Liverpool Premier League fans’ half-time verdict - part 2: Man City to West Ham Email Simon or tweet: @Sim...
- Sat Dec 23 5:04 PM
Swansea City remain anchored to the foot of the table, four points adrift of the last safe spot and without a manager, yet there was some comfort to be taken from Leon Britton’s first game as caretaker, as Jordan Ayew came off the bench to score a terrific equaliser. It was no more than Swansea d...
- Fri Dec 22 3:24 PM
takes charge as caretaker player-manager against Crystal Palace but will be only be able to help struggling Swansea from the dugout due to a calf injury. A repeat of last year’s epic 5-4 win seems unlikely as the home side have scored just 10 goals in 18 matches – half as many as thi...
- Fri Dec 22 8:20 AM
How will Arsenal cope with Liverpool’s fearsome foursome, the Mark Hughes ultimatum and whether Sam Allardyce will ever win over Everton fans It would be a dereliction of duty if Arsène Wenger has not spent the past few days coming up with a way to stop Liverpool’s fearsome attack from running ri...
- Thu Dec 21 12:10 PM
• Swansea say Paul Clement’s replacement will not join before weekend • Long-serving midfielder Britton joined club’s coaching staff last month Swansea City have said Leon Britton
will take caretaker charge of Saturday’s game at home to Crystal Palace as they continue their search for a manager t...
- Thu Dec 21 9:00 AM
Paul Clement’s sacking was no great surprise but, after the club sanctioned the departure of its best two players, he has not been given much of a chance What a mess Swansea City have become. There are problems on the field, off the field and just about everywhere you look, so much so that it see...
- Wed Dec 20 8:04 PM
• Welsh side bottom of the Premier League after string of poor results • Manager joined from Bayern Munich where he was assistant coach Paul Clement has been sacked by Swansea after almost a year in charge of the Welsh club. Swansea were left rooted to the bottom of the Premier League after defea...
- Mon Dec 18 11:58 PM
• Manager admits side self-destructed as relegation fears deepen • ‘I’m learning a lot about myself and will keep fighting’ Paul Clement vowed to continue fighting for his job as Swansea City manager after a 3-1 defeat at Everton left his team rooted to the bottom of the Premier League. Swansea t...