- Tue Jan 2 9:54 PM
Luka Milivojevic ended 2017 with his head in his hands after his missed penalty against Manchester City cost Crystal Palace three points on New Year’s Eve. But he began 2018 by making up for it with a brilliant winner against Southampton, in filthy conditions on the south coast. Mauricio Pellegri...
- Tue Jan 2 6:51 PM
Premier League and Championship updates from Tuesday’s games Live scoreboard: the latest from Tuesday’s matches And feel free to ping Nick an email or tweet him here 6.51pm GMT Swansea: Fabianski, van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Mawson, Rangel, Sanches, Carroll, Clucas, Olsson, Dyer, Ayew. Subs: Fer, N...
- Mon Jan 1 8:44 PM
• Manchester United manager riled by criticism of Frenchman at Southampton • ‘Scholes will be in history as a phenomenal player, not as a pundit’ José Mourinho vented his anger on Paul Scholes
in the wake of Manchester United’s 2-0 win at Everton, accusing the club’s former midfielder of being je...
- Mon Jan 1 9:35 AM
• Dutch defender officially seals world-record transfer from Southampton • ‘With the history at the club it is just a perfect match for me, ’ he says Virgil van Dijk believes Liverpool are the “perfect match” for him after his world-record move from Southampton was officially completed on Monday....
- Sun Dec 31 10:30 PM
• Liverpool forward likely to miss Monday’s trip to Burnley with injury • Virgil van Dijk to finalise £75m move to Anfield from Southampton Jürgen Klopp has said Mohamed Salah exceeds all the expectations Liverpool’s scouting department had of the Egypt international and has made his attack a mor...
- Sun Dec 31 8:30 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 31 1:26 PM
• Young charge follows incident during Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Southampton • Swansea City defender Kyle Naughton
also charged with violent conduct Manchester United’s Ashley Young
has been charged with violent conduct following an incident in Saturday’s match against Southampton, the Football As...
- Sun Dec 31 10:00 AM
The winter window opens on 1 January with most clubs desperate to make signings. Here we look at the 20 clubs and the players they hope will arrive Arsène Wenger anticipates that he will be busier fielding enquires about fringe players in his squad – he would be open to moving a few out – but he...
- Sat Dec 30 7:37 PM
Manchester United again managed only a point when three is the requirement. This latest draw followed those with Leicester City and Burnley and means José Mourinho’s side slips to third in the table behind a resurgent Chelsea. United are becalmed and the downbeat mood is furthered by concern over...
- Sat Dec 30 6:28 PM
• Harlequins 50-21 Northampton • 18-year-old fly-half shines against inept Saints The new year cannot come quick enough for Northampton, humiliated again on their second outing to Twickenham this season by a hot-stepping Harlequins, for whom the 18-year-old Marcus Smith excelled as conductor-in-c...
- Sat Dec 30 4:39 PM
Live updates from the 5.30pm kick off at Old Trafford Mourinho reminds Klopp of Pogba fee comment Premier League: fans make their transfer window selections Email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org 4.39pm GMT There’s plenty happening in the 3pm games . You can get the latest news with the...
- Sat Dec 30 12:28 PM
From Arsenal to West Ham, fans assess what they need most in the January sales Related: Transfer window January 2018 – every deal in Europe's top five leagues Continue reading
- Fri Dec 29 10:30 PM
• Liverpool pay £75m for most expensive defender in history • Klopp denies signing will necessitate January sale of a prized asset Jürgen Klopp has said he dislikes Virgil van Dijk’s £75m price tag but believes it reflects the reality of modern football at elite level. The Liverpool manager also...
- Fri Dec 29 4:31 PM
Whatever José Mourinho says about not having enough money – a £261m spend, anyone? – the bottom line is Manchester United are 15 points behind rivals Manchester City after 20 games. It means the title is all but over and so the manager’s job is to ensure United finish second. At the moment they a...
- Fri Dec 29 8:47 AM
Today’s fluff is just gathering pace With no Virgil van Dijk to worry about after the defender said his goodbyes to his Southampton team-mates at the training ground on Thursday morning, manager Mauricio Pellegrino has already moved on, rapidly funnelling through the shortlist of transfer targets...
- Fri Dec 29 7:53 AM
Carvalhal needs immediate impact at Swansea, Schmeichel seeks redemption and Chelsea’s Azpilicueta-Morata combination threatens Stoke The wisdom of appointing Carlos Carvalhal as Swansea’s new manager is, to say the least, questionable: a man who was dismissed on Christmas Eve for underachieving...
- Thu Dec 28 2:15 PM
• Southampton defender will move to Anfield next month for record £75m • ‘He needs to adapt to our style of play but we are 100% sure he will do it’ Jürgen Klopp says he is not concerned about having to pay £75m to sign Virgil van Dijk and has backed the Holland international to be a success at A...
- Thu Dec 28 12:30 PM
After developing the Fab Four frontmen Jürgen Klopp has spent £75m on a defender – the first part of an answer to a glaring weakness Virgil van Dijk appears delighted his long-projected move to Liverpool will go ahead and everyone else involved in the world-record £75m deal has a reason to be jus...