- Thu Jun 8 11:09 PM
• United decline to take up option for second year on striker’s contract • Cruciate ligament injury has ended Ibrahimovic’s time at Old Trafford Manchester United will not offer Zlatan Ibrahimovic a new deal when his current contract expires at the end of the month. The 35-year-old had an option...
- Thu Jun 8 9:09 AM
Today’s rumours are feeling red Wayne Rooney
is on his way back to Everton . It’s the most romantic of stories, setting aside the bit about him swanning off for the more showy club down the road at the first opportunity, spending his golden years with them, and only coming back when said club don...
- Wed Jun 7 10:30 PM
• England centre-back describes himself as leader who puts body on the line • United manager’s comments were him being professional, says Smalling Chris Smalling
, one of the players whose competitive courage has repeatedly been questioned by José Mourinho over the last season, has said it is wron...
- Wed Jun 7 10:29 PM
• Real Madrid striker is primary target for José Mourinho • Paulo Dybala’s agent says forward is happy with Juventus Manchester United are set to increase their offer for Álvaro Morata to £60m after their first bid of around £52m was rejected by Real Madrid. José Mourinho has identified the 24-ye...
- Wed Jun 7 10:29 PM
• England age-group sides both also have big tournaments this summer • Jamie Vardy injury means Harry Kane is likely to start against Scotland Marcus Rashford believes Gareth Southgate determined what was best for England as well as for the Manchester United striker when selecting him for the sen...
- Tue Jun 6 8:44 AM
Today’s fluff is trying to get that great big hill of hope Manchester United really, really want to sign Álvaro Morata , because he’s dead good. At a mere £50m he’s also – and this is important, because after all United have debt to service – cheaper than their other potential line-leading frontm...
- Sun Jun 4 10:30 PM
• Wales international says he is ‘happy’ where he is ‘winning trophies’ • Comes after he earns third Champions League winners’ medal Gareth Bale
has insisted that he has no intention of leaving Real Madrid this summer amid speculation that Manchester United may attempt to sign the Wales internati...
- Sun Jun 4 6:06 PM
• Midfielder offered his condolences to victims of recent terror attacks • Wayne Rooney
may have made final appearance for Manchester United Michael Carrick
paid tribute to the Old Trafford crowd for supporting his testimonial but his Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney
may have bid farewell...
- Sun Jun 4 12:00 PM
A lot has changed for England in the past year and a tricky trip to Hampden Park for a World Cup qualifier offers Marcus Rashford and company a chance to shine Despite Saturday night’s showpiece in Cardiff, the season is not quite over yet. A round of internationals can be found tagged on almost...
- Sun Jun 4 11:44 AM
• France forward commits future to Spanish club after transfer ban • Griezmann has been linked with move to Manchester United Antoine Griezmann has pledged his immediate future to Atlético Madrid, saying it would be a “dirty move” to leave the club after their transfer ban was upheld. The 26-year...
- Sun Jun 4 6:00 AM
It’s 1969, and a starstruck schoolboy catches a glimpse of the absurdly talented footballer and his Danish fiancee The swinging 60s never really caught on at King James’s grammar school in Knaresborough (founded 1616). Here the school song was a hymn of praise to obedience. Loyalty to house, scho...
- Sat Jun 3 11:01 AM
Premier League sides have been struggling to impose themselves in Europe in recent years because the domestic competition is seen as an obstacle to success Next season, assuming Liverpool can negotiate the play-off round, there will be five English clubs in the Champions League. That is a large n...