- Sat Jul 8 12:03 AM
• Belgian will cost £75m plus £15m in add-ons after Chelsea’s hijack bid fails • Wayne Rooney
, notionally valued at around £10m, will return to Everton Manchester United believe they have deflected Chelsea’s frantic attempts to hijack Romelu Lukaku
’s proposed move to Old Trafford and are set to c...
- Fri Jul 7 10:30 PM
• José Mourinho considers bid of around £50m for Tottenham midfielder • Chelsea unlikely to allow Nemanja Matic deal if Romelu Lukaku
joins United Manchester United are ready to test Tottenham Hotspur’s resolve over Eric Dier by making a renewed effort to sign him. They have had one bid turned do...
- Fri Jul 7 12:52 PM
The manager had pinned his hopes on Lukaku leading the line and the striker’s apparently imminent move to Manchester United raises questions about whether Chelsea have again taken their eye off the ball after winning the title The first thing to acknowledge is that there is time for Chelsea to ma...
- Fri Jul 7 8:34 AM
Today’s rumours are cleaning up the terrace So Romelu Lukaku
will most likely be showcasing his silky first touch at Manchester United next season . This being the case, expect blistering hot steam to whistle a-plenty from the facial apertures of long-time admirer Antonio Conte, making him wonder...
- Thu Jul 6 7:00 PM
No wonder both Manchester United and Chelsea want Romelu Lukaku
: he scored 25 league goals last season, is 24 years old and can terrorise defences through sheer physical presence and power Romelu Lukaku
has been an obvious transfer target ever since he turned down the lucrative contract Everton o...
- Thu Jul 6 10:24 AM
• United hope Belgium international will join before tour starts on Sunday • Wayne Rooney
’s potential move to Goodison Park not part of the deal Manchester United have agreed a £75m fee with Everton to buy Romelu Lukaku
and hope to push through a deal before they fly to the United States on Sunda...
- Thu Jul 6 10:01 AM
Today’s guff is launching a world record bid for a new swingometer The Mill has a recurring nightmare in which it shares an apartment with José Mourinho. In this ghastly vision Mourinho wakes up early every morning and goes to the bathroom. Then he stays sitting on the toilet for the entire day....
- Thu Jul 6 8:19 AM
Thirteen years after leaving Everton for Old Trafford, Wayne Rooney
could be about to return - but does Ronald Koeman really a need a player who seems to have his peak years behind him? Romelu Lukaku was always going to leave a big hole to fill at Everton but few would have predicted a combinatio...
- Wed Jul 5 11:18 PM
• José Mourinho keen to add Spain striker to squad for US tour • Real Madrid holding out for €90m despite Morata’s wish to leave Manchester United are set to make an improved offer of €75m (£65.8m) to Real Madrid for Álvaro Morata as José Mourinho steps up his attempt to replace the departed Zlat...
- Wed Jul 5 11:19 AM
• Boyhood Everton fan in discussions over his £250, 000-a-week wages • Rooney’s other option appears to be a move to Major League Soccer Wayne Rooney
is in advanced talks with Everton about rejoining his boyhood team with the potential move centring on the Merseyside club matching the £250, 000-a...
- Wed Jul 5 9:12 AM
Today’s rumours are back from the USSR Never go back. So goes the time-honoured edict, which the Mill avoids testing by skulking beneath the desk in its downtime between bouts of frenzied gossip-guzzling activity. Should Diego Costa take our lead? China doesn’t appear to be on the cards anymore b...
- Tue Jul 4 11:08 AM
Our cartoonist continues his off-season series on the Premier League at 25, with a look back at 1996, and an infamous title capitulation on Tyneside David Squires on … a time when Blackburn were champions View all of David Squires’ cartoons in his archive here Continue reading
- Tue Jul 4 8:20 AM
You should’ve seen the booze, kebabs and vomit that went into today’s tell-all We are given to believe that Premier League managers are becoming as impatient as Premier League fans, with Antonio Conte, Jürgen Klopp, Rafael Benítez, José Mourinho and Mauricio Pochettino among those already reporte...
- Mon Jul 3 10:40 AM
• Manager concerned no more signings will be done before pre-season tour • Deals for Nemanja Matic and Álvaro Morata have stalled José Mourinho is becoming increasingly frustrated at adding only Victor Lindelof to his sqaud in the current transfer window, with the Manchester United manager concer...
- Mon Jul 3 10:12 AM
Fans from the 47 clubs to have competed in the league reminisce about legends such as Paulo Wanchope, Duncan Ferguson, Juninho and Jay-Jay Okocha Best moment: For all the rage of the last year (or two, or three, or four depending on if and when the stasis finally broke you), we have been rather b...