- Sun Oct 7 8:16 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Oct 7 1:59 PM
• Manchester United left-back injured in win over Newcastle • Knock may rule him out of both Nations League fixtures Luke Shaw
is a doubt for England’s upcoming Nations League matches against Croatia and Spain because of a knock he suffered in Manchester United’s win over Newcastle United on Satu...
- Sun Oct 7 12:47 PM
Manchester United came back from two goals down to defeat Newcastle and players have called on the team to repeat that second-half performance – but it may not be that easy Romelu Lukaku
crystallised what many fans believe when he said that Manchester United should always storm forward as they di...
- Sat Oct 6 10:57 PM
Manchester United manager José Mourinho says speculation over his future had become a "manhunt" and that the atmosphere it has generated has been impacting the players. United fought back from 2-0 down to defeat Newcastle United 3-2 in the Premier League on Saturday with Alexis Sanchez grabbing...
- Sat Oct 6 9:43 PM
• Manchester United manager says he is the victim of a manhunt • ‘Some of my players are not coping so well, ’ he adds José Mourinho took paranoia to a new level in the aftermath of Manchester United’s dramatic 3-2 win over Newcastle, complaining the last few days have felt like a manhunt and tha...
- Sat Oct 6 7:42 PM
There were chants of “José Mourinho” from the Stretford End as Manchester United left it late to win their first home match in five attempts. There was no such backing as the home side went two goals down inside 10 minutes for the first time ever in a Premier League game at Old Trafford, but just...
- Sat Oct 6 4:34 PM
Updates from the 5.30pm BST kick-off at Old Trafford Manchester United board back Mourinho as manager And you can email Rob with your thoughts 4.34pm BST When Mourinho goes , Eddie Howe should be on the shortlist to replace him. Related: Tottenham v Cardiff, Leicester v Everton and more: clockwat...
- Sat Oct 6 9:07 AM
Multiple Old Trafford sources say José Mourinho retains the support of the hierarchy for the immediate future José Mourinho retains the backing of Manchester United, with the board currently having no plans to remove him as manager. United play Newcastle United in Saturday’s late game at Old Traf...
- Fri Oct 5 10:30 PM
• Manager encouraged by morale-boosting meal with owner • Spaniard takes on Manchester United and old foe Mourinho Rafael
Benítez has emerged from his night out with Mike Ashley and Newcastle United’s first-team squad in cautiously optimistic mood. The manager heads to Manchester United on Saturd...
- Fri Oct 5 4:47 PM
If Manchester United lose to third-bottom Newcastle United José Mourinho will surely spend international week wondering about a tap-on-the-shoulder regarding his position. If United failed to win at home then this will be their worst run at Old Trafford since the 1989-90 season and Old Trafford m...
- Fri Oct 5 1:22 PM
This week’s questions take in the Ryder Cup celebrations, Champions League hat-tricks and Conor McGregor’s comeback Ian Poulter celebrated victory in the Ryder Cup by dressing up as a postbox. Why is Poulter nicknamed “the postman”? Because he worked as a postman before he became a pro golfer Bec...
- Fri Oct 5 9:02 AM
• Manager accepts five winless games would not be good enough • United have endured such a sequence only once since 1999 José Mourinho has admitted it will be unacceptable if Manchester United fail to beat Newcastle United on Saturday and so go five matches without a victory, a run that has occur...
- Fri Oct 5 12:30 AM
Liverpool’s tiredness could play into Manchester City’s hands, Newcastle should throw caution to the wind and Harry Winks must take his Tottenham chance “It’s a game of small margins, ” said Vincent Kompany of the season’s standout fixture to date between Liverpool and Manchester City at Anfield...
- Thu Oct 4 3:00 PM
The Glazers’ takeover has drained more than £1bn out of United since 2005, not too far off the amount Sheikh Mansour has invested into City At Manchester United, the football club’s multilayered travails, the misery of the manager and the palpable sense of soullessness around Old Trafford are all...
- Thu Oct 4 2:34 PM
Max Rushden is joined by Barry Glendenning, Paul MacInnes and John Ashdown as they look back on eventful games in the Champions League and Championship Join the conversation on Facebook , Twitter and email . Max Rushden is joined by Barry Glendenning , Paul MacInnes and John Ashdown as they look...
- Thu Oct 4 2:11 AM
Head of security wants stadium to be ‘welcoming and inclusive’ ‘We’re working with key stakeholders, including Stonewall’ Manchester United are considering a plan to introduce gender-neutral toilets at Old Trafford in a bid to make the matchday experience more “welcoming and inclusive.” If United...
- Wed Oct 3 12:31 PM
United fans want ‘attack, attack’ and Moyes and Van Gaal tried, even if it was dull. There was no attacking against Valencia but somehow it is never Mourinho’s fault “Attack, attack, attack!” roared Old Trafford, but Manchester United did not attack. Perhaps they tried to attack. To be honest, it...
- Wed Oct 3 11:51 AM
Players were fighting, results were poor, they were humbled in the League Cup and their rivals were thriving. Sound familiar? By Steven Pye for That 1980s Sports Blog In November 1985, Ron Atkinson looked destined to become the first Manchester United manager to win a league title for decades. By...
- Wed Oct 3 9:51 AM
• Manager feels player and agent have been allowed to run free • Mourinho believes club should have acted quickly over issue José Mourinho feels let down by Manchester United, with the manager believing the club should have backed him swiftly and publicly over the Paul Pogba situation and made it...
- Wed Oct 3 5:19 AM
José Mourinho has refused to react to Paul Scholes
’s comments after the former Manchester United player called the manager an ‘embarrassment to the club’. Manchester United drew 0-0 to Valencia in the Champions League at Old Trafford last night, making this the fourth successive game in all compe...
- Tue Oct 2 11:44 PM
The Chilean forward is the latest scapegoat at Manchester United but the real problems come from the very top With 32 minutes gone at Old Trafford an unusual event took place. Alexis Sánchez did something. Not something to make the highlights reel. Or indeed to pay back any significant part of th...
- Tue Oct 2 11:40 PM
• Former midfielder said Mourinho was ‘embarrassing the club’ • Manager again laments lack of ball-playing central defender José Mourinho defended his players after their latest stuttering performance, claiming he was pleased with the effort and commitment even if there were things he would rathe...
- Tue Oct 2 10:00 PM
David Beckham, Gary Neville
and Ryan Giggs
were among the luminaries in the directors’ box here watching the latest evidence of how far their old team has fallen. Paul Scholes, who seems to know already, was in a television studio in London getting paid for his trouble. Trouble is what Manchester...
- Tue Oct 2 6:45 PM
Champions League updates from the 8pm BST kick-off Hoffenheim v Manchester City – live with Scott Murray And feel free to email Jacob or tweet him @JacobSteinberg 6.18pm BST Hello. Part of the fascination with Jose Mourinho’s curse – third-season syndrome – is how long his clubs can stand it befo...
- Tue Oct 2 11:25 AM
• Alexander-Arnold and Foden lead English nominees • Award for best young player announced in December Kylian Mbappé is the hot favourite to become the first player to win two Golden Boy awards after the France forward was named on the 40-strong shortlist to decide Europe’s best young player. Org...
- Tue Oct 2 9:08 AM
Today’s rumours are flying solo When Louis van Gaal was fighting to avoid the sack at Old Trafford a little over two years ago, his old pal José Mourinho didn’t exactly lend a hand. But reports that the manager wrote a six-page letter to Manchester United describing how he would make the club gre...
- Mon Oct 1 7:05 PM
Manchester United coach is all smiles ahead of a Champions League match that arrives with his side mired dismal form From the selection of personas available to him in times of alleged crisis, José Mourinho chose the sunny, upbeat one for the press conference ahead of the Champions League meeting...
- Mon Oct 1 5:27 PM
José Mourinho believes some of Manchester United's players 'care more than others' about their poor start to the season. United are in desperate need of a win against Valencia in Tuesday's Champions League clash, given their draw against Wolves was compounded by a shock Carabao Cup exit to Derb...
- Mon Oct 1 3:48 PM
• Manager says he does not believe his job is on the line • Mourinho denies squad have stopped playing for him José Mourinho insists he still has the support of the players at Manchester United, though he pointedly added that “some care more than others” about recent results and the poor form tha...
- Mon Oct 1 3:42 PM
Neither member of France’s World Cup-winning midfield axis has enjoyed the start to the season – perhaps Manchester United should be paying closer attention to events at Chelsea Sometimes it’s not easy being a World Cup winner. That might not be how Kylian Mbappé feels as he cruises along with Pa...
- Mon Oct 1 9:11 AM
As is customary, today’s tell-all had its Ryder Cup enjoyment tempered by braying and honking golf fans Another weekend, another poor Manchester United performance and inevitably – and yes, we’re bored too – another raft of speculation regarding the mushroom cloud gradually forming in the sky ove...
- Mon Oct 1 12:36 AM
is impressing at Chelsea while Jordan Henderson
’s place looks up for grabs and Huddersfield are on the rack Bernd Leno was quick to do the decent thing and explain he was clearly not happy to see Petr Cech pull up with a hamstring injury, but at the same time the competitor in him cann...