- Sat Jan 6 10:06 PM
• Conte hits back at Manchester United manager over match-fixing jibe • Chelsea manager calls Mourinho’s show of support for Claudio Ranieri fake Antonio Conte has branded José Mourinho a “little man” and a “fake” in an astonishing escalation of the verbal war that has broken out between the pair...
- Sat Jan 6 4:21 PM
José Mourinho used his post-match press conference following Manchester United's 2-0 FA Cup win over Derby County to continue a war of words with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte. Mourinho made reference to a four-month ban Conte received for failing to report alleged match-fixing when head coach of...
- Fri Jan 5 10:01 PM
Manchester United seemed destined for an unwanted replay before Jesse Lingard again took responsibility, scoring an 11th goal of the season with six minutes remaining, prompting Romelu Lukaku
to seal the win at the end of normal time. José Mourinho’s side had seemed unable to kill off Derby Count...
- Fri Jan 5 7:14 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the FA Cup tie at Old Trafford Look in on the Liverpool v Everton with our live report here FA Cup third round: match previews Email email@example.com . Tweet @BryanAGraham 7.14pm GMT Manchester United: Romero, Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Ander Herrer...
- Fri Jan 5 2:39 PM
• Chelsea manager launches attack after Mourinho’s ‘clown’ comments • ‘Maybe sometimes someone forget what they said in the past’ Antonio Conte has said that José Mourinho is acting like he has “demenza senile”, launching a fierce attack on his rival at Manchester United. There is no love lost be...
- Fri Jan 5 12:36 PM
Trying to talk people into believing Manchester United are a plucky underdog is not fooling anyone, but Mourinho is running out of arguments against why his great rival appears to be simply superior “I am bound upon a wheel of fire, that mine own tears do scald like molten lead”. I tried not to w...
- Fri Jan 5 9:00 AM
Derby County’s experienced defender is hoping for a change in FA Cup fortunes at Old Trafford on Friday after suffering heartbreak with Hull City Curtis Davies
has got a lot on. He has missed only seven minutes of league football for Derby since his summer move from Hull City – recently completin...
- Thu Jan 4 3:09 PM
• Manchester United manager rejects reports of rift with board • ‘My desire is to stay until board and owners are happy with my work’ José Mourinho has responded to speculation that he is unhappy at Manchester United, insisting he will be at the club next season and hopes to extend his stay beyon...
- Wed Jan 3 9:27 AM
Today’s flimflam is feeling frayed After listening to José Mourinho bang on about Manchester City “buying full-backs for the price of strikers” , Antonio Conte took one look at the Premier League table , loaded up £50m into the saddlebags and pointed his steed towards Turin. Alex Sandro
, a man a...
- Tue Jan 2 10:04 AM
Without the injured striker the French midfielder stylishly took on the burden of being Manchester United’s main threat against Everton Both these sides have lost their way a little over the festive period, though not to the extent suggested midway through the first half when Wayne Rooney looked...
- Tue Jan 2 8:41 AM
Today’s rumours are not ready for this Having spent much of December harping on about not having enough money to spend, and how much he dislikes the January transfer window anyway, José Mourinho will use the January transfer window to spend a load of money. First on his shopping list is Antoine G...
- Mon Jan 1 8:44 PM
• Manchester United manager riled by criticism of Frenchman at Southampton • ‘Scholes will be in history as a phenomenal player, not as a pundit’ José Mourinho vented his anger on Paul Scholes
in the wake of Manchester United’s 2-0 win at Everton, accusing the club’s former midfielder of being je...
- Mon Jan 1 7:42 PM
José Mourinho ended 2017 with a winless streak and a litany of complaints but he could have few problems with the start to 2018. Manchester United welcomed in the new year with a commanding second-half display at Everton and a comfortable victory that should do wonders for their manager’s mood. S...
- Mon Jan 1 4:30 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Goodison January transfer window: check out our club-by-club guide And feel free to email Gregg or tweet @GreggBakowski 8.00pm GMT Evening. It’s hard to imagine this ending with the same 4-0 scoreline as the match at Old Trafford in September...
- Mon Jan 1 10:00 AM
Manchester United midfielder’s Common Goal project, in which players and managers donate 1% of their salary to charity, makes him a worthy recipient The Guardian Footballer of the Year is an award given to a player who has done something truly remarkable, whether by overcoming adversity, helping...
- Sun Dec 31 10:30 PM
• Draws down to ill fortune, bad refereeing decisions and injuries, says manager • ‘We have lots of problems. We lost Lukaku, we lost Ibrahimovic for a month’ José Mourinho is becoming ever more desperate to explain Manchester United’s slump. Saturday’s torpid stalemate with Southampton at Old Tr...
- Sun Dec 31 8:30 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 31 1:26 PM
• Young charge follows incident during Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Southampton • Swansea City defender Kyle Naughton
also charged with violent conduct Manchester United’s Ashley Young
has been charged with violent conduct following an incident in Saturday’s match against Southampton, the Football As...
- Sun Dec 31 10:00 AM
The winter window opens on 1 January with most clubs desperate to make signings. Here we look at the 20 clubs and the players they hope will arrive Arsène Wenger anticipates that he will be busier fielding enquires about fringe players in his squad – he would be open to moving a few out – but he...