- Sat Jul 29 9:59 PM
• Manchester United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool scouting Dutch youngster • Bogarde, a ball-playing defender, is a free agent until he turns 16 in May Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool have a strong interest in signing the Dutch youth defender Melayro Bogarde, nephew of th...
- Sat Jul 29 7:40 PM
• Arsenal 5-2 Benfica • Inter manager rules out Ivan Perisic transfer to Manchester United Arsenal beat Benfica 5-2 on the opening day of the Emirates Cup. One of the standout performances came from Sead Kolasinac, the free transfer who looked powerful on the flank and used the ball shrewdly in t...
- Sat Jul 29 2:04 PM
• Croatian winger had been linked with a move to Manchester United • Spalletti: there has been ‘no significant contact’ from other clubs Internazionale coach Luciano Spalletti insists that Ivan Perisic will remain at the San Siro next season, despite the Croatian winger being linked to Manchester...
- Fri Jul 28 10:30 PM
• Baines already impressed by Rooney’s contribution since signing • Full-back warns it will be tough to close gap on top four Leighton Baines
believes Wayne Rooney
will be a key influence on Everton’s pursuit of a first trophy since 1995 but that there remains a gap between the Premier League’s l...
- Fri Jul 28 12:28 PM
• Ashley Fletcher leaves West Ham to join Middlesbrough for £6.5m • Gareth Bale
’s agent dismisses reports Wales forward could leave Real Madrid Newcastle have confirmed the signing of Spain Under-21 midfielder Mikel Merino on a season-long loan from Borussia Dortmund. Merino, who began his career...
- Fri Jul 28 10:00 AM
Mourinho is apparently a happy manager and can be delighted with Lukaku’s start but expect frustration if at least one more signing is not made swiftly Tottenham Hotspur are “big favourites” for the Premier League while Manchester United have only a fighting chance and are inferior to Real Madrid...
- Fri Jul 28 8:47 AM
Today’s rumours are flighty If Kylian Mbappé flaps his wings, will he create an extraordinary front of hot air around Old Trafford? That was the main imponderable on the Mill’s lips this morning upon the news that Gareth Bale
could be Manchester United -bound if the Monaco speedster gets his poss...
- Thu Jul 27 11:10 PM
The striker received the loudest ovation of Everton’s players and the chants of his name during the Europa League tie were a far cry from the vitriol of 12 years ago A slender win and subdued display against the third-best team in last season’s Slovakian Fortuna Liga was not how Wayne Rooney
- Thu Jul 27 10:00 PM
• Everton 1-0 Ruzomberok • Baines 65 New-look Everton’s latest European campaign got off to only a stuttering start, though at least Leighton Baines
’s second-half goal gives them a slender advantage to try to hold on to in Slovakia next week. There were several promising debuts as well, though Wa...
- Thu Jul 27 4:53 PM
• Portuguese prefers Manchester United not to be compared to Spanish giants • ‘United are much more adapted to the hard competition of the Premier League’ José Mourinho believes Paul Pogba is one the few Manchester United players at the same level as Barcelona and Real Madrid, with the manager sa...
- Thu Jul 27 10:44 AM
The Manchester United manager José Mourinho said he is pleased with his side’s showing during the club’s US tour despite losing to Barcelona in Maryland on Wednesday. The manager highlighted the fact that United competed with both Barça and Real Madrid during the US trip. Mourinho and his squad h...
- Thu Jul 27 9:23 AM
In a highly competitive field it is almost impossible to split Vieira’s move and Manchester United’s purchase of Roy Keane but the Frenchman edges it for redefining what the style of a Premier League midfielder could look like Sometimes, end-of-era curtain calls happen without the necessary fanfa...
- Thu Jul 27 2:52 AM
Barcelona 1-0 Manchester United Neymar’s goal just after the half-hour mark settles friendly Manchester United closed their pre-season tour of America on a dissonant note by losing this fifth outing in what was a pedestrian showing from José Mourinho’s outfit. The manager has serially stressed re...
- Wed Jul 26 11:49 PM
European rivals meet at FedExField in International Champions Cup Email email@example.com or tweet @pfconnolly 11.49pm BST Good evening folks, welcome to this live blog of tonight’s Barcelona v Manchester United friendly being played at FedEx Field in Maryland, USA. As with all...
- Wed Jul 26 10:30 PM
• Scott McTominay and Demi Mitchell among players tipped for regular action • Manager defends record: ‘When the kids are good, there is no problem’ José Mourinho predicts Scott McTominay and Demi Mitchell are among a batch of “half a dozen” home-grown Manchester United players who could become fi...
- Wed Jul 26 2:55 PM
• Manager says Barkley ‘is not in Everton’s future’ and will be sold • Midfielder has confirmed he will not sign new contract, Koeman says Ross Barkley
has signalled the end of his Everton career by informing Ronald Koeman that he will not sign a new contract and “is looking for a new challenge”....
- Wed Jul 26 2:01 PM
Mauricio Pochettino has bucked the trend by not adding to his Tottenham squad but the rest of the top clubs have plenty of spending left in them yet As well as this summer being remembered for the transfer window in which just about every Premier League club tried to break their own spending reco...
- Wed Jul 26 1:05 PM
Manchester United manager José Mourinho has said that he would like two more players for his squad but believes that, with the current market, he is more likely to sign just one. Mourinho, talking before a pre-season friendly match against Barcelona, thinks his squad is lacking a midfielder and a...
- Wed Jul 26 9:22 AM
It may not even be the Southampton player’s best goal but great goals are like great records: they capture their own time perfectly The move leading up to Matt Le Tissier’s skip and jink and dreamy little chip over Peter Schmeichel for Southampton against Manchester United in October 1996 emerges...
- Tue Jul 25 10:30 PM
• ‘They have kept hold of the players they wanted to keep’ • Manchester United manager claims his side are ‘not big candidates’ José Mourinho has identified Tottenham as strong rivals to win the Premier League title next season and compared his challenge at Manchester United to the one he faced p...
- Tue Jul 25 10:30 PM
Manchester United manager believes midfielder’s three finals in Europe and relationship with club will mean he has ‘fantastic role to play’ next season On a sunny morning at Georgetown University José Mourinho is discussing why Paul Pogba can be Manchester United’s driving force in the Champions...
- Mon Jul 24 9:55 PM
• Former Manchester United striker signs three-year deal • Federico Bernardeschi moves to Juventus from Fiorentina West Ham have completed the signing of Javier Hernández from Bayer Leverkusen for £16m. The 29-year-old former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker has signed a three-year contr...
- Mon Jul 24 9:08 AM
The Frenchman was the enigma who exploded the doubt at Manchester United, his arrival from Leeds sparking their first title win for 26 years and a sustained run of success under Sir Alex Ferguson We can’t be putting Tina Turner on for just any old hero, nor merely for the most skilful. And the to...
- Mon Jul 24 12:43 AM
Manchester United 1-1 Real Madrid (United win 2-1 on penalties) Ander Herrera causes concern after limping off with injury Despite Julia Roberts, an Oscar-winning member of Hollywood royalty, “measuring her excitement” beforehand , there was an under-capacity turnout for this International Champi...
- Sun Jul 23 10:30 PM
• Armenian forward believes last year’s troubles will drive him on • Mkhitaryan says he is ready to play wherever Mourinho decides Henrikh Mkhitaryan has no regrets at joining Manchester United despite having to deal with accusations he is not the same footballer he was at his former club, Boruss...
- Sun Jul 23 9:21 PM
faces more team in Santa Clara, California José Mourinho guarantees David de Gea is staying at Old Trafford Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @KidWeil 9.21pm BST Preamble If you like football, you’ll love a “summer of football”. Like football, but sweatier, and with m...
- Sun Jul 23 3:11 AM
United’s managers says he is ‘100%’ certain De Gea is not leaving for Real Madrid or any other club Jose Mourinho has guaranteed “100%” that David De Gea
will not be sold by Manchester United to Real Madrid or any other club for the coming season. The manager was speaking in California’s Palo Alt...