- Sun Sep 23 10:30 PM
• ‘Not enough movement in front, ’ says Pogba after Wolves draw • Midfielder also preaches patience over form of Alexis Sánchez Paul Pogba delivered a damning verdict on Manchester United by admitting they lacked the desire required to beat Wolves and declaring they need to attack more to restore...
- Sun Sep 23 8:14 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sat Sep 22 6:18 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson was back at Old Trafford for the first time since he underwent emergency brain surgery in May. He received a huge ovation from supporters before the 1-1 draw with Wolves Wolves frustrate Manchester United on Sir Alex Ferguson’s return Continue reading
- Sat Sep 22 5:14 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson was back where he belongs – at Old Trafford – for the first time since recovering from a brain haemorrhage but he witnessed a disappointing draw for a Manchester United team who failed to turn dominance into three points. At the close Wolves came close to stealing victory when D...
- Sat Sep 22 4:41 PM
• Ferguson attends Manchester United’s game against Wolves • Former manager underwent emergency brain surgery in May Sir Alex Ferguson was given an emotional ovation at Old Trafford on his first return to the stadium since undergoing emergency brain surgery in May. The former manager, described b...
- Sat Sep 22 1:35 PM
Cardiff host Man City in Premier League 3pm kick-offs You can email Simon or tweet with your thoughts Fulham v Watford – live with Rob Smyth! The Fiver: sign up for our football email 1.22pm BST Hello world! So, without unnecessary faff and filibuster, may I present to you this afternoon’s fixtur...
- Fri Sep 21 4:30 PM
If Manchester United can defeat Wolves this will be their fourth consecutive win in all competitions and José Mourinho is entitled to believe his team’s season is up and running following two early defeats. The manager is wary of Wolves after they ran away with the Championship last season. They...
- Fri Sep 21 11:47 AM
• Manager lauds team but stops short of praising centre-backs • Teeanger Dalot will not feature against Wolves on Saturday José Mourinho believes Manchester United are resolving “defensive problems” better because of a concerted team effort rather than Victor Lindelöf and Chris Smalling being sel...
- Thu Sep 20 10:30 PM
• Spurs keeper ‘was under stress’ in Manchester United game • Lloris targets return at Huddersfield on Saturday week Mauricio Pochettino has admitted that the “massive strain” of Hugo Lloris
’s drink-driving arrest was a factor behind the thigh injury he sustained at Manchester United on 27 August...
- Thu Sep 20 2:34 PM
• Crystal Palace forward says he wasn’t given enough support • Zaha says he has no regrets over choosing Ivory Coast Wilfried Zaha has accused Manchester United of failing to give him adequate support following his £10m transfer in 2013, with the Crystal Palace forward admitting that he suffered...
- Thu Sep 20 2:06 PM
• Ronaldo was sent off for Juventus against Valencia • Forward in line for return to Old Trafford next month Cristiano Ronaldo
should be available to face Manchester United in the Champions League next month because the Juventus forward is set to receive only a one-match ban for his red card in W...
- Thu Sep 20 10:00 AM
• Manchester United manager allowed midfielder to take penalty • Mourinho hails Pogba’s ‘courage’ after previous spot-kick miss Paul Pogba has thanked José Mourinho for trusting him to take a penalty against Young Boys, with Manchester United’s manager returning the sentiment in a further sign th...
- Wed Sep 19 9:54 PM
The mental edge José Mourinho praised in the build-up was evident in a Manchester United victory which must surely be the template for the season. Fast, cold-eyed and a concerted unit: these were the key components in how the visitors downed Young Boys on an artificial pitch flagged up as awkward...
- Wed Sep 19 7:05 PM
Champions League updates from the 8pm BST Group H game Manchester City v Lyon: Champions League – live ! And feel free to email email@example.com 7.05pm BST Young Boys: Von Ballmoos, Mbabu, Camara, Von Bergen, Benito, Sow, Sanogo, Fassnacht, Sulejmani, Hoarau, Assale. Manchester United...
- Wed Sep 19 6:30 PM
Champions League updates from the 8pm BST Group F game Young Boys v Manchester United: Champions League – live ! And feel free to email Jacob or tweet @JacobSteinberg 6.17pm BST Did you know that Pep Guardiola hasn’t won the Champions League since 2011? That’s seven years and counting! In fact, h...
- Wed Sep 19 9:02 AM
Today’s fluff nearly didn’t make it There is nothing that quite perks the interest of the Mill and its followers quite like a £35m Brazilian that you’ve never heard of. But despite the fact that Lucas Paquetá was recently called up by Tite for the Seleção’s recent international friendlies, unless...
- Tue Sep 18 7:05 PM
• José Mourinho makes light of the handicap, citing Federer • Manchester United without Valencia but Rashford starts David De Gea
has passed up an opportunity to commit his long-term future to Manchester United, with the goalkeeper’s deal due to expire next summer. While United have an option of...
- Tue Sep 18 4:37 PM
• Swiss side in Champions League group stage for first time • ‘We’ll play with courage, ’ says coach Gerardo Seoane David von Ballmoos, Young Boys’ 23-year-old goalkeeper, unwittingly sums up the challenge Manchester United present the Swiss champions when attempting to play down their opponents...
- Mon Sep 17 9:25 PM
Maturity and diligence have made the difference for the West Ham striker who has gone from liability to linchpin When Manchester United showed an interest in Marko Arnautovic at the start of the summer, it was tempting to wonder whether West Ham would be wise to cash in on a player who turns 30 i...
- Mon Sep 17 8:31 AM
Ryan Fraser ran Leicester ragged; Neil Warnock will not tolerate more Cardiff mistakes; and Rafael
Benítez needs a new plan Jürgen Klopp was asked to describe his emotions during stoppage time in the 2-1 victory at Tottenham. His dominant Liverpool team had led 2-0 going into it but they conceded...