- Thu Mar 22 3:44 PM
Max Rushden and co assess England’s priorities, Old Trafford hymn sheets, Panini versus Merlin and more Rate, review, share on Apple Podcasts , Soundcloud , Audioboom , Mixcloud , Acast and Stitcher , and join the conversation on Facebook , Twitter and email . Max Rushden is joined by Jonathan Wi...
- Thu Mar 22 3:05 PM
Whatever you may think about their late arrival, one of the game’s global superpowers entering the arena is a welcome one Finally . The announcement that Manchester United are to launch a professional women’s team and have bid for a place in a newly restructured second tier next season has provok...
- Thu Mar 22 2:23 PM
Swede could leave Manchester United with immediate effect The 36-year-old has played only seven games this season Zlatan Ibrahimovic is seriously considering an offer to join LA Galaxy and leave Manchester United before the end of the season. The Swede, who signed for United in the summer of 2016...
- Thu Mar 22 9:01 AM
Today’s tittle-tattle is in the zone Everton have plundered many a player from Manchester United over the years: Morgan Schneiderlin
, Darron Gibson
, Jesper Blomqvist, John O’Kane. Well, you’ve got to keep trying, haven’t you. And to be fair Phil Neville worked out quite well, so they’re now in fo...
- Wed Mar 21 11:39 PM
• Ed Woodward announces application to join second tier of WSL • ‘Women’s team must be built with the same principles as the men’s’ Manchester United are finally to have a women’s football team after the club applied to the Football Association to join the Women’s Super League. United are rare am...
- Wed Mar 21 12:03 PM
Club consulting with fans via survey after Mourinho criticism ‘Our view is that ideally initiatives should be fan-driven’ Manchester United are consulting with supporters over how to improve the atmosphere at Old Trafford. United are planning to canvass the views of supporters via a survey follo...
- Tue Mar 20 6:43 PM
• Young says Manchester United team-mate must work hard • ‘He is a fantastic player. He can be one of the best in the world’ Ashley Young
believes Luke Shaw
can become one of the best left-backs in the world but warned his Manchester United team-mate this status will come only through hard work....
- Mon Mar 19 8:48 PM
• France coach says midfielder has plenty to offer • Pogba has been left on the bench by José Mourinho The France coach Didier Deschamps says Paul Pogba “cannot be happy” with his treatment at Manchester United. Pogba, who has been called up by Deschamps for France’s forthcoming friendlies agains...
- Mon Mar 19 8:02 PM
The 22-year-old is in no hurry to leave Manchester United despite public criticism by the manager, whose history does not guarantee he will be in the post for all of next season José Mourinho’s handling of Luke Shaw is a head-scratcher even for seasoned watchers of the Manchester United manager....
- Mon Mar 19 2:16 PM
• Player may see out last year of Manchester United contract • Manager lambasted defender again over FA Cup display Luke Shaw
has been left unhappy at José Mourinho’s pubic criticism of him but the left-back will not be forced out of Manchester United this summer against his wishes. Shaw is under...
- Mon Mar 19 9:22 AM
Today’s fluff is all wrapped up Like a child who can’t live with his classmates having better sweets, Real Madrid don’t like other clubs having nice things. With that in mind, they’re planning to lure Robert Lewandowski from Bayern Munich this summer and into their welcoming bosom, after Tottenha...
- Mon Mar 19 8:32 AM
Álvaro Morata needs to play regularly, rusty Manolo Gabbiadini can solve Southampton’s problems, and Stoke are in big trouble Related: Chelsea’s Morata tries to run his way into Antonio Conte’s good books | Barney Ronay Related: Mohamed Salah will get even better before the season is out, says Jü...
- Sun Mar 18 9:37 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from the FA Cup and England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Mar 18 7:23 PM
Manchester United meet Tottenham at Wembley again Mark Hughes faces former club where he won 1997 FA Cup Send John an email | Tweet @ JohnBrewin_ 7.12pm GMT Two great ties there , though Chelsea will fancy they have the easiest draw there. The widespread demands for Pochettino to win a trophy hav...
- Sun Mar 18 12:59 PM
The inexperienced McTominay is currently seen as being a more reliable choice than Pogba for Manchester United In theory, it ought to have been a fine day for the brand. “Glory, glory Man United” echoed around Old Trafford as Manchester United closed in on a record-equalling 13th FA Cup. The mark...
- Sun Mar 18 11:33 AM
The Manchester United manager says his players are in a bad moment and don’t have the confidence or personality to play at the moment as the ‘sun is not shining’ for them Mourinho criticises players saying they lack ‘class’. Continue reading
- Sat Mar 17 11:02 PM
• Brighton beaten 2-0 in FA Cup quarter-final but manager unhappy • ‘There was a lack of personality, a lack of class, and a lack of desire’ José Mourinho admitted he could risk losing those Manchester United players he criticised again following the 2-0 win over Brighton but believed there was n...
- Sat Mar 17 9:48 PM
José Mourinho was first out before kick-off as promised during Friday’s extraordinary extended monologue in which Manchester United’s manager promised to face his responsibilities. Really required, though, was safe passage to the FA Cup semi-final, and this was duly secured. Yet Mourinho’s team w...
- Sat Mar 17 7:09 PM
FA Cup quarter-final updates from Old Trafford Mourinho launches 12-minute defence of his record And feel free to email your thoughts to Will 7.08pm GMT Mo Salah has just completed a hat-trick by scoring while falling over, which is new. Alexis Sanchez can only dream of such goals. 7.01pm GMT The...
- Fri Mar 16 5:06 PM
Sam Allardyce takes Everton to struggling Stoke, whom they beat 1-0 on the opening day with a debut goal from Wayne Rooney
when both teams were under different management, with five successive defeats on their recent travels, his last point coming when the team were outplayed in a 0-0 by West Bro...
- Fri Mar 16 4:22 PM
Manchester United and José Mourinho’s trophy-winning hopes come down to the FA Cup and so a Brighton side, beaten by a Lewis Dunk own-goal in November’s league fixture, must be dispatched to keep the season alive. As Tuesday’s Champions League defeat to Sevilla showed, though, United are vulnerab...
- Fri Mar 16 3:41 PM
• United manager points to what he inherited at Old Trafford • Mourinho reads statistics from recent years to make his case José Mourinho has defended his Manchester United record in an extraordinary 12-minute monologue after being widely criticised in the wake of the team’s Champions League defe...