- Tue Jul 18 11:00 AM
A club-by-club guide to the rising stars who could make a mark in 2017-18, including Arsenal’s Reiss Nelson and West Brom’s Sam Field The 17-year-old was trending on Twitter last Thursday morning during his first appearance for Arsène Wenger’s first team – against Sydney FC – and it was because h...
- Tue Jul 18 6:55 AM
Manchester United manager says Real Salt Lake brought aggression to friendly Juan Mata
forced off during physical 2-1 win but ankle injury not serious José Mourinho defended Antonio Valencia
after he was sent off in Manchester United’s 2-1 win over Real Salt Lake, with the manager saying he disag...
- Tue Jul 18 5:10 AM
Real Salt Lake 1-2 Manchester United Antonio Valencia
shown red card; Juan Mata
forced off with injury Against the stunning backdrop of the Wasatch Mountains, Romelu Lukaku
scored his debut goal but Manchester United’s evening soured when Antonio Valencia
was sent off for scything down Real Salt...
- Tue Jul 18 2:00 AM
José Mourinho’s team continue summer tour of the US Email email@example.com or tweet @KidWeil 4.12pm BST Graham will be here shortly, in the meantime here’s the latest on Romelu Lukaku’s arrival at Manchester United: Romelu Lukaku faces a challenge to adjust to the demands of playing...
- Mon Jul 17 10:30 PM
• Old Trafford post on offer after retirement despite player joining Everton • Rooney is club’s record goalscorer and still viewed as an ideal ambassador Wayne Rooney
still has the offer of an ambassadorial role at Manchester United on retirement despite having left the club for Everton. When sig...
- Sun Jul 16 10:30 PM
• New captain says forward must adjust quickly to scrutiny at Old Trafford • ‘Winning the league has got to be this season’s aim. We have to challenge’ Romelu Lukaku
faces a challenge to adjust to the demands of playing for Manchester United, according to the club’s new captain, Michael Carrick
- Sun Jul 16 5:51 AM
Post-Rooney era starts with a win LA Galaxy 2-5 Manchester United Manchester United’s post-Wayne Rooney
era began with Jose Mourinho fielding a rarely deployed 3-5-1-1 and the £75m man Romelu Lukaku
waiting until the second half for his debut . United’s No9 did not register but he did not look ou...
- Sun Jul 16 2:31 AM
José Mourinho’s side start their US tour in southern California Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @KidWeil 2.31am BST Manchester United United are at home in the US. One of the first European teams to seriously target the US as a market is still one of the commercial leaders as the gam...
- Fri Jul 14 10:58 PM
• Mourinho says he is ‘open’ to new deal for injured Zlatan Ibrahimovic • Manchester United manager guarded over adding Nemanja Matic to squad José Mourinho has admitted re-signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic is an option, with the Manchester United manager also refusing to rule out a move for Chelsea’s N...
- Fri Jul 14 6:10 PM
Manchester United’s manager has always believed a good big’un will usually beat a good little’un and is set on building another side to those specifications Here’s a semi-interesting football stat, at a time when semi-interesting football stats are in short supply. If Manchester United were to wi...
- Thu Jul 13 10:29 PM
• United determined to reject bid for 26-year-old goalkeeper • Spanish club attempted to sign De Gea two years ago Manchester United expect David de Gea
to be the subject of another Real Madrid bid this summer despite their determined stance that the goalkeeper will not be sold. Real are aware of...
- Thu Jul 13 3:00 PM
The USA’s most capped player says going home to become director of football at the fourth-tier City of Angels FC ‘was a no-brainer’ Cobi Jones has no hesitation when asked why the United States’ most capped player would become the director of football at City of Angels FC, a fourth‑tier club foun...
- Thu Jul 13 12:01 AM
Lukaku can fulfil two vital roles in a Mourinho side: holding up the ball and threatening on the counterattack in the manner of Didier Drogba As a coup de théâtre, Manchester United’s swoop for Romelu Lukaku
was rather magnificent. A much-needed striker was acquired, Wayne Rooney was offloaded an...
- Wed Jul 12 10:38 PM
• Januzaj, 22, signs five-year contract after agreeing £9.8m move • United are understood to have inserted a buy-back clause into deal Real Sociedad have signed the Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj for a reported fee of £9.8m. United have installed a buy-back clause in the deal for the 22-y...
- Wed Jul 12 10:29 PM
• Manchester United manager heavily critical of left-back at times last season • Shaw still weeks away from fitness as United prepare to face LA Galaxy Luke Shaw
will be given the chance to establish himself as Manchester United’s first-choice left-back, with José Mourinho impressed by the defend...