- Sat Apr 14 10:50 PM
• Manager says United have not received credit for successful season • ‘It seems hard for people to praise the team and praise the boys’ Manchester United play the bottom team in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon and even though there seems to be a general acceptance that West Brom are as go...
- Sat Apr 14 12:50 PM
• De Bruyne, Sané and David Silva
all in the running • Sessegnon, Rashford, Sterling competing for Young Player award Manchester City trio Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sané and David Silva
have been shortlisted for the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year award for the 2017-18 seaso...
- Sat Apr 14 9:22 AM
All Manchester United can do is keep winning while praying Manchester City perform a flop of Devon Loch proportions. They should have no problems cuffing aside West Brom, but if Pep Guardiola’s men have already won at Tottenham on Saturday it will be close to immaterial. Still, second place is de...
- Fri Apr 13 10:36 PM
• Everton manager also wants striker to get into the box more • Wayne Rooney
has not scored since 18 December Sam Allardyce has told Wayne Rooney
to increase his presence in the opposition penalty area following clear-the-air talks this week with the former England captain. Rooney did not disguis...
- Fri Apr 13 6:47 PM
• I can only pick 11 players, says Old Trafford manager • Portuguese manager ‘surprised’ by West Brom’s relegation plight José Mourinho brushed aside questions about Anthony Martial’s and Marcus Rashford’s happiness as the Manchester United manager underlined how starting roles cannot be guarante...
- Fri Apr 13 11:33 AM
The semi-finals of the European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup all featured a British team in 1983-84 By Steven Pye for That 1980s Sports Blog of the Sport Network When the semi-finals for the European Cup, European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup began in April 1984, there was a chance al...
- Thu Apr 12 12:57 PM
From the 1960 final to the miracle of Istanbul, Europe’s top club competition has provided many moments to rival the drama of Real Madrid’s win against Juventus The almost shocking conclusion to what had been a notable Juventus recovery against Real Madrid at the Bernabéu has not only divided opi...
- Thu Apr 12 10:08 AM
Today’s tell-all is aiming for the top bin One of last summer’s more interesting Premier League signings, Richarlison arrived at Watford an almost unknown quantity. While most English football fans had never heard of him, those who pretend to watch the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A on a regular b...
- Tue Apr 10 11:39 AM
Our cartoonist on the derby defeat to Manchester United and the Champions League tie against Liverpool View all of David’s cartoons here Continue reading
- Tue Apr 10 11:14 AM
The 25-year-old feels he has finally found a home after a dizzying spell of loanves during a decade and a half with Manchester United An on-loan goalkeeper is not always a signing to set pulses racing and Sam Johnstone remembers how, on arriving at a downbeat Villa Park in January 2017, it took a...
- Mon Apr 9 10:03 AM
Striker was poor in United’s defeat of City in Manchester derby but time may prove he is no ‘flat-track bully’, as it has with many a player – even Cristiano Ronaldo It was a shot heard around the world. First Cristiano Ronaldo leapt, twisted and arched his back, as if performing the Fosbury flop...
- Mon Apr 9 9:14 AM
Today’s tell-all didn’t get where it is today without recognising a rib-tickling play on words when it hears one Marouane Fellaini
is expected to leave Manchester United when his contract expires come season’s end and French sports daily L’Equipe have raised eyebrows by saying Liverpool could be...
- Sun Apr 8 11:17 PM
• Incident occurred as players left pitch at half-time in derby • City understood to believe Herrera’s action was deliberate Ander Herrera has denied spitting intentionally on the Manchester City crest as the midfielder left the pitch at half-time during the Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium...
- Sun Apr 8 11:12 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Apr 8 10:39 PM
• Manager admits: ‘It’s difficult for our mood not winning’ • But Guardiola sure City will create chances in second leg Pep Guardiola has admitted that Manchester City’s inability to maintain a two‑goal lead against Manchester United could weigh on players’ minds when seeking to overturn a 3-0 de...
- Sun Apr 8 2:36 PM
The United midfielder was a force of nature in the Manchester derby but can he produce that form week in, week out to ensure his side are not left as also-rans again in the title race? Is Paul Pogba on the cusp of greatness or will Saturday’s barnstorming shredding of Manchester City prove the fa...
- Sun Apr 8 9:45 AM
If Liverpool were considering parking the bus in the Champions League second leg on Tuesday, they should reconsider Forget the league title for a moment. This was an object lesson in why Manchester City are going to struggle to keep Liverpool’s players off the scoresheet when the Champions League...