- Wed Sep 13 10:30 PM
• Midfielder suffered injury in 3-0 win over Basel on Tuesday • Pogba could miss six matches if worst fears are confirmed Paul Pogba fears he may be out for at least a month because of a hamstring injury suffered in Manchester United’s 3-0 win over Basel on Tuesday . The midfielder was in some pa...
- Wed Sep 13 11:59 AM
After seeing his Manchester United side win 3-0 at home in their Champions League match against Basel, José Mourinho claimed that his side are in the second tier of European football, and that the goal for them is just to qualify for the knockout phase. Mourinho also subtly bemoaned the lack of a...
- Tue Sep 12 9:50 PM
It was a victory that came at a cost for Manchester United bearing in mind the implications for Paul Pogba and the sight of the club’s most expensive player prematurely making his way along the touchline with a glum look on his face that confirmed he knew it might be the last time the fans see hi...
- Tue Sep 12 6:45 PM
The new super forward lines set to dominate the Champions League Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @tom_lutz 2.53pm BST Tom will be here shortly, in the meantime here’s José Mourinho on why he’s happy to be back in the Champions League: José Mourinho feels Manchester United will be back in...
- Tue Sep 12 1:14 PM
We asked fans from across Europe how their clubs would fare this season. Only one fan is expecting his team to win it Prediction: Group stage Related: MCN to LOL: the new super forward lines set to dominate the Champions League Related: Nice and Seri refocus after tumultuous transfer window to le...
- Tue Sep 12 12:00 PM
PSG have added Neymar and Kylian Mbappé to create a frightening strike force that ranks highest in our best attacking lineups in this year’s Champions League When Paris Saint-Germain signed Neymar from Barcelona for £198m this summer they not only broke the transfer record but also destroyed one...
- Tue Sep 12 11:05 AM
José Mourinho says Manchester United are strong and playing well as they return to the Champions League with a match against Basel at Old Trafford after a season’s absence from the competition Continue reading
- Mon Sep 11 8:00 PM
• United face Basel at Old Trafford on return to Champions League action • Bans mean Chris Smalling
and Victor Lindelof set to play in central defence José Mourinho feels Manchester United will be back in their “natural habitat” when they return to Champions League combat for the first time in 64...
- Mon Sep 11 8:34 AM
Brighton provide perfect response, Everton are embarrassed, Liverpool have concerns beyond defence and Rafael
Benítez sees progress from afar Eddie Howe has worked wonders in overseeing Bournemouth’s exhilarating rise but his present task looks rather less attractive. They have yet to win a point...
- Sun Sep 10 11:03 PM
• United’s manager says he needed more height to cope with aerial threat • Mark Hughes hits back at ‘lazy’ claim as managers clash after 2-2 draw A game for Marouane Fellaini
: that was José Mourinho’s assessment after Manchester United dropped their first points of the season . The richest club i...
- Sun Sep 10 10:47 PM
• Arsenal manager says he turned down overtures to replace Ferguson in 2002 • ‘Manchester United is attractive but am I happy here? The answer was yes’ Arsène Wenger says his dedication to Arsenal’s values persuaded him to reject an offer from Manchester United in 2001 and continue his career at...
- Sun Sep 10 12:00 PM
José Mourinho’s side are well placed to challenge the cream of the continent but on recent form it’s hard to justify England’s Champions League prominence European football returns this week, and though the individual highlight may well be the look of distaste on Alexis Sánchez’s face as he comes...
- Sun Sep 10 10:14 AM
• Incident occurred after Stoke drew 2-2 with Manchester United • Stoke manager Hughes earlier pushed Mourinho José Mourinho refused to shake Mark Hughes hand at the end of Manchester United’s 2-2 draw with Stoke City because he believed he was told to “fuck off” during the game by the Welshman....
- Sun Sep 10 9:59 AM
An extract from Scott Murray’s ‘The Title: The Story of the First Division’ describes how a pooch named Major saved the club that became Manchester United Something had been stirring in Manchester. City had come to prominence in the 1903-04 season, finishing runners-up to The Wednesday while scor...
- Sat Sep 9 7:40 PM
Manchester United conceded for the first time in the Premier League this season and dropped their first points against an impressive Stoke City who posed questions in a riveting contest. José Mourinho’s side remain leaders due to a superior goal difference to Manchester City, who earlier trounced...
- Sat Sep 9 4:39 PM
Updates from the 5.30pm BST kick-off at the bet365 Stadium Clockwatch: catch up with all Saturday’s goals Email email@example.com with your thoughts 4.39pm BST Stoke City make two changes to the team sent out at West Bromwich Albion before the international break. Ryan Shawcross is unf...
- Fri Sep 8 5:30 PM
’s back injury could lead to a debut for Stoke’s new £18m centreback, Kevin Wimmer. Even if the Austrian slots in well, United look to have the attacking power to find holes in the home defence, especially out wide. The probability, therefore, is that if Stoke are to disrupt United’...
- Thu Sep 7 5:47 PM
Everton manager Ronald Koeman expresses his disappointment about striker Wayne Rooney
after the 31-year-old’s recent charge for drink-driving. Speaking at his pre-match press conference in Halewood on Thursday, Koeman says Rooney will play in the match against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday Ronald...
- Thu Sep 7 2:25 PM
• Rooney will be ‘dealt with internally at the appropriate time’ • Everton manager says Rooney will face Tottenham on Saturday Ronald Koeman has said he is “very disappointed” at Wayne Rooney
’s over the 31-year-old’s drink-driving charge and that the player will be “dealt with internally at the a...
- Thu Sep 7 10:50 AM
The transfer window has shut, the first international break is over and the real business is about to begin. Can any of Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham or Manchester United be content with the state of their squads? August never seems an entirely satisfactory month. The closing of...