- Mon Sep 10 9:45 AM
In space, nobody can hear today’s tell-all scream With no standout speculation with which to lead today’s charge, the Rumour Mill finds itself at something of a loss to know which particular morsel of tell-all is worthy of top billing. Unsubstantiated news of interest from Manchester City and Man...
- Sun Sep 9 7:56 PM
• Denmark 2-0 Wales • Christian Eriksen scores twice to give Danes comfortable win Ryan Giggs
was brought crashing back down to Earth after his flying start to life as Wales manager by the brilliance of Christian Eriksen. Denmark may have only had 72 hours together following their bitter fallout...
- Sun Sep 9 7:12 PM
• Manchester United had shown interest following World Cup • Fellow Foxes Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray in England squad The England defender Harry Maguire has committed his long-term future to Leicester City by signing a new five-year contract on improved terms in the wake of last summer’s inter...
- Sun Sep 9 9:00 AM
Manchester United striker’s slick opener and a frantic finale cannot mask the deep-rooted problems England still face when playing against top-grade opponents Gareth Southgate must have feared the homecoming might turn out this way, with a slap in the face to shrug the nation out of all the giddi...
- Sat Sep 8 11:12 PM
Highest marks among the Three Lions were earned by Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard – but their player ratings fell short of Spain’s Saúl and Dani Carvajal Jordan Pickford Questionable as to if he could have done anything for either Spanish goal (could he have got closer to Saul’s shot?). Had li...
- Sat Sep 8 9:46 PM
• England 1-2 Spain • Rashford 11; Saúl 13, Rodrigo 32 If nothing else, England’s footballers were spared the kind of treatment they might have anticipated in more mutinous times. In the warm afterglow of the summer’s World Cup, this was no time for recriminations and it was a sympathetic reactio...
- Sat Sep 8 7:00 PM
Wales were stranded at Cardiff airport on their way to Denmark but they are upwardly mobile after their win over Ireland Joe Allen
believes Ryan Giggs
is the perfect person to nurture Wales’s new generation after his side stirred up memories of Manchester United’s Class of ’92. Those who watched...
- Sat Sep 8 3:04 PM
He returned to Manchester United as the league’s most expensive player and now is talking about Barcelona, having done little to justify the fee. Where is the professional pride? In the main entrance to the Cavée Verte academy, among the trophies won by the youth teams of Le Havre, there is a wal...
- Fri Sep 7 9:30 AM
Goalkeeper is an outstanding shot-stopper but does not excel at passing and this is reflected in how Manchester United play David de Gea has been named in the PFA team of the year in five of the past six seasons. He has been Manchester United’s player of the year in four of the past five seasons....
- Fri Sep 7 8:46 AM
Today’s fluff is gone with the fallen leaves Paul Pogba ’s latest declaration of loyalty to Manchester United was so half-hearted that talk of a January move to Barcelona is back on the back pages. Asked by Sky Sport Deutschland whether he was happy at Old Trafford, the Frenchman declared: “My fu...
- Thu Sep 6 10:07 PM
• Wales 4-1 Republic of Ireland • Lawrence 6, Bale 18, Ramsey 37, Roberts 55; Williams 66 Ryan Giggs
will be pinching himself after his Wales side romped to victory over Ireland in their Nations League opener. Any memory of the World Cup qualifying defeat to Martin O’Neill’s men was banished afte...
- Thu Sep 6 12:27 PM
Mourinho’s Jekyll and Hyde behaviour can be entertaining but also damaging and tedious. He must show at Manchester United that he can withstand a storm Football is full of different characters but there are perhaps none who have a split personality quite like José Mourinho, as I can testify from...
- Thu Sep 6 8:54 AM
Today’s fluff is so fresh, so clean The Manchester Evening News has saved the Rumour Mill a job by taking a basin of ice-cold water and pouring it all over rumours linking John Terry with a surprise move to Manchester United. José Mourinho has made no secret of the fact that he thinks his curre...
- Wed Sep 5 7:32 PM
• Denmark set to field uncapped side over rights dispute • Wales at full strength for Nations League tie against Republic Ryan Giggs
is preparing for Wales to enter the unknown against a Denmark side consisting of lower-league and futsal players. Denmark’s preparations for their Uefa Nations Leag...
- Tue Sep 4 10:30 PM
• Left-back had blood clots after injury against PSV Eindhoven • Shaw back in England squad after strong start to season Luke Shaw
will seek to revive his England career this week after admitting he almost lost his right leg as a result of complications from the horrific injury sustained while pl...
- Tue Sep 4 10:30 PM
Excellent performances in Russia led to interest from Manchester United and plenty of autograph requests for the Leicester centre-half It was three days after the World Cup final, in the very different surroundings of a pre-season fixture between Gainsborough Trinity and Chesterfield, that Harry...