- Sat Nov 10 10:30 PM
• United manager ‘not such big fan’ of aspects of Agüero’s game • Guardiola says Sterling doesn’t deserve criticism over penalty Raheem Sterling
unintentionally put the issue of diving on the pre-Manchester derby agenda with his Norman Wisdom impersonation against Shakhtar Donetsk , not – just so...
- Sat Nov 10 8:00 PM
All Mourinho’s instincts will be to kill the game but going for broke represents his best chance of another famous win When people said they wanted José Mourinho to make Manchester United more like Alex Ferguson’s treble winners, this, presumably, isn’t quite what they meant. The capacity to figh...
- Sat Nov 10 9:00 AM
A fixture that can be billed as the Premier League’s match of the season so far is always unpredictable as illustrated by Manchester United’s 3-2 comeback win last term after Manchester City led 2-0 at the break. Pep Guardiola is yet to claim victory in the derby at the Etihad Stadium, so would l...
- Fri Nov 9 10:30 PM
The Colombia defender says it was Marco Silva’s persistence that saw him swap Barcelona for Everton after the World Cup The eyebrows arch, the eyes widen and the laughter ignites again from Yerry Mina as soon as he hears the names José Mourinho and Manchester United. He has been expecting this qu...
- Fri Nov 9 8:30 PM
City were light years behind United when their Emirati owners contested their first derby back in 2008 but their huge – and possibly dubious – investment has turned the tables Oh, what happened to me, whatever happened to you? What became of Robinho – and Benjani? If the rise of Manchester City i...
- Fri Nov 9 10:43 AM
• Manager liked ‘positive attitude’ at Chelsea and Juventus • Mourinho describes City’s football operation as ‘untouchable’ José Mourinho wants Manchester United to go toe-to-toe with Manchester City in Sunday’s derby. United are nine points behind the league leaders after 11 matches as they trav...
- Fri Nov 9 12:06 AM
José Mourinho to antagonise Manchester City, Mark Hughes on the brink and an Everton reunion for Ross Barkley
The moments Jose Mourinho has cherished most in his career are those when he could thumb his nose at expectation and the established order. Wednesday night’s post-match gurning and chuckl...
- Thu Nov 8 10:34 PM
• Manager says striker will feature from bench in USA friendly • ‘It’s strange we are spending time justifying giving him tribute’ Gareth Southgate has defended the decision to include Wayne Rooney
in the England squad to face USA next Thursday and said the record goalscorer deserves his tribute...
- Thu Nov 8 6:00 PM
United’s Champions League thriller at Juventus was memorable and not just for another Cristiano Ronaldo
special A definite perk of living in Turin and playing for Juventus is being able to go and watch games at the Allianz Stadium. Champions League nights are extra special with the Champions Leag...
- Thu Nov 8 2:38 PM
The Red Devils have outperformed expectations so far this season, according to ‘expected goals’. But nowhere near as much as Manchester City For Manchester United, some of the season’s opening chapters have been bleak. Despite a morale-boosting win against Juventus on Wednesday, in the Premier Le...
- Thu Nov 8 9:05 AM
• Pogba says win at Juventus shows team happy to be underdogs • Comments come before Sunday’s derby at Manchester City Paul Pogba believes Manchester United thrive on being the underdog because then “we can surprise people” as José Mourinho’s side did with Wednesday’s 2-1 win over Juventus . The...
- Thu Nov 8 8:30 AM
This was poised to be a tribute to the great Cristiano before José Mourinho’s side produced a group-stage homage to 1999 Well, that was a glorious little blast from the past. And no, Cristiano, not in the way you were hoping. Grit, pluck, a feverish belief in the plan: it seems odd now that just...
- Thu Nov 8 8:30 AM
Despite all its rage today’s tell-all is still just a rat in a cage In taking the step of suspending a CNN reporter who aggressively questioned him from attending his daily attempts to mislead, insult and bully the press You mean briefings? - Sport Ed. , the Rumour Mill couldn’t help but notice...
- Thu Nov 8 3:44 AM
An unforgettable night in Turin ended with Manchester United earning a 'fantastic' 2-1 victory at Juventus in the Champions League. But United manager José Mourinho drew the ire of Juventus fans as he cupped his ear to crowd after the final whistle. He defended the gesture in a post-game press co...
- Wed Nov 7 11:21 PM
• Manager cupped hand to ear at full-time of 2-1 victory • Mourinho says Juventus fans insulted his family José Mourinho defended his own reaction at the end of Manchester United’s late comeback against Juventus, a victory that saw the United manager ushered from the pitch at the final whistle af...
- Wed Nov 7 10:08 PM
Manchester United snatched a memorable victory when first Juan Mata
’s late free-kick then Alex Sandro
’s even later own goal cancelled out Cristiano Ronaldo’s superb precise volley to give José Mourinho’s men great heart before Sunday’s derby with Manchester City Ronaldo – as his right – had celeb...
- Wed Nov 7 7:44 PM
Live updates from the 8pm kick-off at the Etihad Would Guardiola win the title with Man Utd’s squad? Juventus v Man Utd – live! | Follow all the goals Drop Michael an email | Tweet @michaelbutler18 7.44pm GMT Pep speaks! He is asked “how much is Sunday a factor in your team selection tonight?” Ze...
- Wed Nov 7 7:00 PM
Live updates from the 8pm kick-off at Allianz Stadium Would Guardiola win the title with United’s squad? Man City v Shakhtar – live! | Follow all the goals Drop Paul an email | Tweet @ Paul_Doyle 5.41pm GMT Before kickoff today, José Mourinho might invoke Tuesday’s night’s action, and not just to...
- Wed Nov 7 5:01 PM
The gap between the two Manchester clubs appears to be growing but that may be more down to City having a clear plan for the future rather than who is in the dugout If it is the Manchester derby on Sunday then it must be time to wheel out the arguments about which is the better squad, who would g...
- Wed Nov 7 2:11 PM
• Manchester United manager was cleared by commission • FA disputes verdict that in context comments were acceptable The Football Association has confirmed that it is appealing against an independent commission’s decision to clear José Mourinho of using foul language following Manchester United’s...
- Wed Nov 7 11:13 AM
Expect economic sanctions and expelled diplomats once the American public wise up to what Wayne Rooney
’s one-night-only appearance against USA really means What a fascinating entry to international politics for the Football Association, who clearly anticipated the failure of a “red wave” to mater...
- Tue Nov 6 8:03 PM
• José Mourinho stripped Pogba of role in September • Manager sanguine on eve of Juventus group game Paul Pogba has claimed being stripped of the Manchester United vice-captaincy by José Mourinho has not affected him and that his relationship with the manager is healthy. Pogba had worn the armban...
- Tue Nov 6 2:49 PM
• Rooney charity to benefit from other ‘fundraising initiatives’ • Kyle Walker
: ‘I think it is probably the send-off he deserves’ The Football Association has confirmed the Wayne Rooney
Foundation will not receive any of the gate receipts from England’s Wembley friendly against the United States...
- Tue Nov 6 10:35 AM
Form guide, fitness news and facts on Juventus v Manchester United, Spurs v PSV, Napoli v PSG and CSKA Moscow v Roma By Ben McAleer for WhoScored We’re halfway through the group stage in the Champions League and it’s getting tight. The results of these five games will go some way to deciding whic...
- Tue Nov 6 8:49 AM
Today’s fluff saw you sleeping on a station on a dredgy wood bench Manchester United could move for Mehdi Benatia in January, as their fruitless summer search for defensive reinforcements becomes increasingly desperate as days lengthen, and so does the gap between United clean sheets. The 31-year...
- Mon Nov 5 10:30 PM
• Record goalscorer to feature in friendly against the USA • Match will raise funds for Rooney’s charitable foundation England’s players were not consulted by Gareth Southgate over the plan to offer Wayne Rooney
a farewell appearance for the team, with the manager still considering which shirt to...
- Mon Nov 5 2:24 PM
England players have never been afforded garlanded farewells and whatever the merits of Rooney’s international career, he should not have been made an exception for the USA friendly In September Wesley Sneijder sat on a sofa in the centre circle of the Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam, after makin...
- Sun Nov 4 10:30 PM
• Chris Smalling
confident after last-gasp Bournemouth win • Defender says: ‘We will get chances against Juventus’ Chris Smalling
has acknowledged Manchester United must start making quicker starts to games but the defender believes their latest last-gasp win provides further evidence of a team s...
- Sun Nov 4 8:40 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight View the Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Nov 4 12:47 PM
• Forward retired from international duty in 2017 • Match will be used as a fundraiser for Rooney’s foundation Wayne Rooney
will return to the England squad this week for the friendly fixture against the United States with the Football Association to honour the national team’s highest goalscorer...