- Sun Feb 4 10:30 PM
• ‘We’ve only got 15 or 16 players available, so need to get through it’ • Pep Guardiola gives leaders Manchester City three days off The glory will surely come for Manchester City. First, however, for the pain. Kevin De Bruyne caused plenty of it, making opponents ache with his relentless runnin...
- Sun Feb 4 10:05 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sat Feb 3 10:29 PM
• City form means Liverpool must wait for first Premier League title • ‘All the rest of us can do is keep trying, ’ Liverpool manager says Liverpool and Tottenham are waiting for their first Premier League title and Jürgen Klopp has warned they might still be doing the same next season, because h...
- Sat Feb 3 5:08 PM
The good news for Manchester United is that Manchester City’s lead has been cut to 13 points. The bad news, apart from the fact that 13 points is still a lot, is that this performance was not a vast improvement on the one against Tottenham at Wembley . While Huddersfield were overcome in the end...
- Sat Feb 3 2:42 PM
Johann Berg Gudmundsson ensured Manchester City rued their profligacy with an 81st-minute half-volley that grabbed Burnley an impressive draw against the champions-elect. Raheem Sterling
was the visitor’s prime culprit missing a series of easy chances, the last of which came inches out of an open...
- Sat Feb 3 11:44 AM
Premier League updates from 12.30pm GMT kick-off Committed and clever: why City swooped for Laporte And email Scott here with your thoughts 11.44am GMT Burnley - nine games without a win - make two changes to the team sent out at Newcastle on Wednesday night. Ashley Westwood and Scott Arfield dro...
- Fri Feb 2 10:30 PM
• Sterling: ‘Referees and officials need to cut these tackles out’ • ‘I feel Manchester City players haven’t been protected enough’ Raheem Sterling
believes Manchester City players are being “butchered” by some of the tackles meted out this season. The forward’s claim comes in the wake of West Br...
- Fri Feb 2 3:27 PM
Burnley are still seventh in the table and best of the rest though Sean Dyche’s side have now gone eight league matches without a win and will be hard pushed to buck that trend against Manchester City – who beat them 4-1 in the FA Cup last month. Manchester City can expect a tough game and should...
- Fri Feb 2 10:30 AM
The 23-year-old may not have a single cap for France but he has already played 200 professional games and ‘adds something special with the ball’ Aymeric Laporte turned Manchester City down once but he was not going to do it again and certainly not now. Pep Guardiola had tried to sign him in 2016...
- Thu Feb 1 10:30 PM
• Manchester City manager angry at Cardiff challenge on Leroy Sané • De Bruyne caught by James McClean
in game against West Brom Kevin De Bruyne has vented his frustration over the heavy tackles the Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has complained have been meted out to his players. The Spa...
- Thu Feb 1 9:18 PM
• Chelsea 0-0 Manchester City Manchester City survived a late Chelsea onslaught and the loss of their first-choice goalkeeper, Karen Bardsley, to maintain their unbeaten start to the season. It was only the second minute of the match when Bardsley hurtled over an onrushing Drew Spence to clear, l...
- Thu Feb 1 12:28 PM
A hectic January transfer window closed on Wednesday night – our writers look at all the 20 Premier League clubs and how their business unfolded A hectic transfer window closed on Wednesday night – amid seven Premier League games – with several clubs able to conclude deals on deadline day. Premie...
- Wed Jan 31 9:56 PM
Manchester City took care of business on a night when their radar was somewhat awry though not enough to prevent a 22nd league win of their ever-more dazzling campaign. Once more Pep Guardiola’s side dominated, making West Bromwich Albion appear the Championship side they may become, as they retu...
- Wed Jan 31 9:45 PM
Leicester City stood firm in the face of Manchester City’s late pursuit of Riyad Mahrez but this was a deadline day to forget for Claude Puel and his team. Theo Walcott
struck the first goals of his Everton career to condemn the visitors to a deserved defeat under the blue moon at Goodison Park....
- Wed Jan 31 6:54 PM
Premier League updates from around the grounds Transfer deadline day, all of the latest news – live! And feel free to mail Barry or tweet @bglendenning 6.54pm GMT Newcastle: Darlow, Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Dummett, Atsu, Diame, Merino, Kenedy, Perez, Joselu. Subs: Murphy, Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchi...
- Wed Jan 31 5:52 PM
• City unwilling to meet “crazy” valuation and set £60m limit • Pursuit of Algerian not prompted by injury loss of Sané Manchester City ended their pursuit of Riyad Mahrez after Leicester City demanded a package valued at a “crazy” £95m, the Premier League leaders valuing the forward at no more t...
- Wed Jan 31 12:29 AM
• Manchester City buy Jack Harrison for £4m and loan him to Boro • Iñigo Martínez joins Athletic Bilbao, Marc Bartra seals Betis switch Everton’s striker Sandro
Ramírez has returned to Spain only six months into his Premier League career after joining Sevilla on loan until the end of the season....
- Tue Jan 30 11:08 PM
Liverpool’s epic defeat of Manchester City this month was beginning to look like a Pyrrhic victory through being followed by two unexpected losses against team from the bottom of the Premier League, but goals from Emre Can and Roberto Firmino and a late penalty from Mohamed Salah helped them stop...
- Tue Jan 30 5:51 PM
• City interested in Algeria international due to Sané injury • Leicester yet to receive a bid for Mahrez despite reports Manchester City have been told it will take a “mind-blowing” offer to sign Riyad Mahrez from Leicester, with Pep Guardiola understood to be keen on adding the Algeria internat...
- Tue Jan 30 1:28 PM
• City met release clause in central defender’s contract • Transfer fee outstrips amount paid for Kevin De Bruyne Manchester City have signed the central defender Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao. The Premier League leaders met the 23-year-old’s £57.2m release clause last week in a deal which...
- Mon Jan 29 7:39 PM
• Athletic Bilbao say £57.2m figure has been met by unspecified club • City have been chasing France Under-21 international since 2016 Aymeric Laporte is expected to arrive at Manchester City after Athletic Bilbao confirmed their €65m (£57.2m) buyout clause for the 23-year-old France Under-21 int...
- Mon Jan 29 7:00 PM
After Joe Bennett
’s challenge on Leroy Sané it is natural to wonder whether VAR should be extended to include tackles, but the consequences could be confusing and complex Joe Bennett
’s challenge on Leroy Sané has left the winger injured for up to a month. It was late and it was deliberate, an att...
- Mon Jan 29 8:23 AM
Michy Batshuayi might be just what Chelsea need, VAR creates fresh farce and Coventry’s on-field outlook brightens at last Cardiff are not the first team to irk Pep Guardiola this season with their aggressive style but the constant fouling and Lee Mason’s conservative use of cards meant Mancheste...