- Sun Sep 24 10:30 PM
• Champions face Atlético Madrid and Manchester City this week • Eden Hazard
still easing back from the bench after ankle injury If there were any Chelsea fans still worrying whether they would make a better fist of defending their Premier League title than the previous attempt, the clinical way...
- Sun Sep 24 6:38 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sat Sep 23 5:10 PM
The Manchester City show rolls on. This fifth win of the Premier League season took the tally to 21 goals and added a fourth clean sheet to a formidable start from Pep Guardiola’s men. It was a duck-shoot at times as Crystal Palace provided easy prey and the south London side’s search for a first...
- Sat Sep 23 2:28 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the match at the Etihad Stadium Clockwatch: look in on the rest of the afternoon’s action – live! Live scores: all the goals from around the UK and Europe Email Bob here . Tweet @WilliamsBob75 2.28pm BST Tottenham, meanwhile, have held on to defeat West Ham 3-2. It g...
- Fri Sep 22 10:30 PM
• Palace manager aims to echo Fulham’s great escape of 2008 • Hodgson backs striker Christian Benteke
to end goal drought Roy Hodgson will oversee Crystal Palace’s daunting trip to Manchester City clinging to Fulham’s unlikely survival under his stewardship nine years ago as inspiration. Related:...
- Fri Sep 22 6:30 PM
Contrasting results for these clubs last weekend, Swansea picked up a point at Wembley and Watford were hammered 6-0 at home by Manchester City. Marco Silva’s side, however, have won both of their away games this season while Swansea are pointless and goalless at home. Paul Clement could decide t...
- Fri Sep 22 4:03 PM
• Roy Hodgson’s side ‘do have quality’ says Manchester City manager • Pep Guardiola shares José Mourinho’s scepticism about League Cup “My dear fellow, ” Pep Guardiola said, his eyes twinkling to confirm that what he said next might not be completely what he believed. “This is the Premier League....
- Fri Sep 22 12:34 PM
The Manchester City striker has risen from the favelas thanks to two guiding lights, his mother and his first coach, who have kept his feet firmly on the ground Gabriel Jesus’s childhood football coach José Francisco Mamede was the least surprised of anyone when the boy‑faced wonder exploded on t...
- Thu Sep 21 11:09 AM
• Chile forward has yet to start in the Premier League since Man City interest • Wenger says he believes Sánchez is happy at Arsenal Arsène Wenger has insisted he is not seeking to make any sort of point to Alexis Sánchez over his selections of him so far this season. Sánchez tried and failed to...
- Wed Sep 20 10:44 PM
• Tottenham host London rivals West Ham at Wembley in fourth round • Crystal Palace will be wary of an upset when they travel to Bristol City Holders Manchester United will travel to Swansea in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup. José Mourinho’s side beat Championship Burton 4-1 at Old Trafford...
- Wed Sep 20 9:58 PM
Leroy Sané scored twice to give Manchester City a victory that was a lot less comfortable than it looked like being after a first half dominated by the visitors. West Bromwich Albion equalised in the second period through Claudio Yacob, shortly after the midfielder vexed Pep Guardiola’s men with...
- Wed Sep 20 6:45 PM
Chelsea v Forest, Everton v Sunderland and West Brom v Man City Live scoreboard! Follow all the night’s games around Europe Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org And if you like your football old-school, this may be your bag 11.15am BST It’s the third round of the League Cup! (No, I can...
- Tue Sep 19 12:32 PM
• Manchester United striker one of six English players on shortlist • Gabriel Jesus of Manchester City also nominated as best under 21 player Marcus Rashford, Kylian Mbappé and Ousmane Dembélé are among the 25 contenders to win the 2017 Golden Boy award, run by the Italian newspaper Tuttosport an...
- Mon Sep 18 10:29 PM
• Manchester United midfielder believes rivals are Premier League favourites • Herrera says United ‘need to win titles’ to keep David de Gea at club Ander Herrera believes Manchester City are under pressure to be the Premier League champions because of their record-breaking summer transfer spend...
- Mon Sep 18 8:46 AM
Bournemouth get some return from £15m Ibe, Chelsea lack plan B without Diego Costa, Burnley are not long-ball side and Jamaal Lascelles has grown up fast The Dozen: our pick of the weekend’s best Premier League photos Manchester City and Manchester United have goal differences of +14 after five m...