- Sat Nov 11 11:56 AM
Pep Guardiola’s side are threatening points and goals records and, though other fast starters have faded, nothing suggests they will do likewise in the title race Manchester City’s start to the season has been remarkable, largely because they are challenging records for two different types of dom...
- Thu Nov 9 9:20 PM
• Last 16, first leg: LSK 0-5 Manchester City • Stokes 26, Christiansen 40pen, Emslie 69, Ross 74 78 Manchester City cruised to a 5-0 win over LSK Kvinner in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie in Norway. Jane Ross powered home two headers in four minutes to effectively seal the c...
- Thu Nov 9 2:00 PM
Brighton, Huddersfield and Newcastle are surpassing expectations and are showing clubs such as Everton and West Ham how it should be done When Pep Guardiola suggested an English team could win the Champions League the other day he was asked if he did not consider the intensity of the Premier Leag...
- Wed Nov 8 10:30 PM
• Gareth Southgate watched Stoke goalkeeper in action last Saturday • Players from both sides to wear black armbands bearing poppies Gareth Southgate is giving serious consideration to elevating Jack Butland
to England’s starting lineup at the expense of Joe Hart
in Friday’s game against Germany....
- Wed Nov 8 6:14 PM
• Premier League leaders’ turnover reaches new high of £473.4m • Profit down to £1.1m as wage bill rises from £197.6m to £264.1m Manchester City posted record revenues of £473.4m in the 2016-17 financial year, with profits down from £20.5m to £1.1m, though the accounts cover a 13-month period rat...
- Wed Nov 8 12:08 PM
From a bargain triumph at Brighton to a costly success at Manchester City, and from a struggling £25m Leicester striker to an unseen defender at Southampton, we assess how last summer’s transfer business looks so far Pascal Gross (Ingolstadt to Brighton, £2.6m) Related: The 10 most improved playe...
- Mon Nov 6 1:22 PM
• Wenger admires Sterling enough to have tried to sign him last summer • City conscious that Arsenal have benefited from referees’ decisions Manchester City are shocked that Arsène Wenger questioned Raheem Sterling
’s integrity after Manchester City 3-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, especially as th...
- Mon Nov 6 10:29 AM
José Mourinho’s stubbornly dogmatic team tactics cost his side at Stamford Bridge and look to have handed the title initiative to Manchester City The memories of Manchester United in 1985-86 and Newcastle United in 1995-96 serve always as caveats, but already it feels that it would take something...
- Mon Nov 6 10:15 AM
The Chilean forward did his best to be diplomatic at the home of his possible future employers but was not happy as Manchester City eased to a 3-1 victory The chant went up almost as soon as the game kicked off: “Alexis Sánchez, he wants to be blue.” This much seems to be true, though here was an...
- Mon Nov 6 9:09 AM
may tire of being kicked, Tony Pulis is under pressure at West Brom and Pep Guardiola may seek more firepower in January Eden Hazard
was fouled six times at Stamford Bridge. At one point in the second half the Belgium international was fouled by not one but three opponents in the colo...
- Mon Nov 6 8:13 AM
Today’s fluff has been spotted by accident Barcelona sent their sporting director, Robert Fernández, to Wembley to watch Spurs and Real Madrid last week – and what a time he had! His brief was to monitor Tottenham’s whispy creator Christian Eriksen who, presumably, the club see as a long-term rep...
- Sun Nov 5 9:07 PM
Ederson Moraes and Fabian Delph
impressed, and although Arsenal found a small chink in City’s armour, the visitors’ defensive woes continued apace “We’ve got Guardiola” sang the delirious home support and here was another key win overseen by the Catalan. Yet despite this, Alexandre Lacazette’s se...
- Sun Nov 5 7:56 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Nov 5 7:30 PM
• Arsenal manager says Sterling ‘dives well’ and also criticises referee • Complaints comes after Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat at Manchester City Arsène Wenger may face an FA charge after saying Raheem Sterling
“dives well” and criticising the referee, Michael Oliver, in Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat at the Premi...
- Sun Nov 5 6:57 PM
Arsène Wenger vents his frustration with the referee following his side’s 3-1 loss at Manchester City on Sunday. The Arsenal manager was left particularly irritated by the decision to award Manchester City a penalty with the score at 2-1. ‘If they get decisions like that, at home, they will be un...
- Sun Nov 5 4:31 PM
It is surely still too early, with the leaves falling from the trees and fireworks lighting the sky, to think nothing can possibly go wrong for Pep Guardiola’s freewheeling side and assume this season’s Premier League title will be a procession. But it certainly feels like a strong possibility wh...
- Sun Nov 5 1:24 PM
Latest action from the 2.15pm GMT kickoff at the Etihad Stadium Guardiola predicts English charge in Europe Email Lawrence | Tweet: @lawrenceostlere Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace – live! 1.24pm GMT Manchester City (4-1-2-3): Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Delph; Fernandinho; De Bruyne, S...