- Tue Jan 30 11:08 PM
Liverpool’s epic defeat of Manchester City this month was beginning to look like a Pyrrhic victory through being followed by two unexpected losses against team from the bottom of the Premier League, but goals from Emre Can and Roberto Firmino and a late penalty from Mohamed Salah helped them stop...
- Tue Jan 30 7:43 PM
Premier League updates from the 8pm (GMT) kick-off Sturridge never fitted the bill for Klopp at Liverpool And feel free to email or tweet Simon to get in touch 7.43pm GMT Klopp has also spoken about his team, confirming that Lovren has come into the team just to give Van Dijk a bit of a breather,...
- Tue Jan 30 10:52 AM
The striker who joined West Brom on loan on Monday has struggled with injuries, but his relationship with his manager has never been an easy one Looking back, it was probably never going to work out between Daniel Sturridge
and Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool. The will was there, and they gave it a dec...
- Mon Jan 29 4:04 PM
• Manager says TV wanted no more than four minutes’ stoppage time • BT Sport denies claim and says it has no influence on the decision Jürgen Klopp has alleged Liverpool’s FA Cup tie against West Bromwich Albion was cut short by six minutes on the orders of broadcasters. Liverpool’s fourth-round...
- Mon Jan 29 2:11 PM
• West Brom understood to have agreed loan fee of about £1.5m • Klopp says Countinho will not be replaced this month Daniel Sturridge
is expected to join West Bromwich Albion, not Newcastle United, on loan until the end of the season. The out-of-favour Liverpool striker has attracted interest fro...
- Mon Jan 29 8:23 AM
Michy Batshuayi might be just what Chelsea need, VAR creates fresh farce and Coventry’s on-field outlook brightens at last Cardiff are not the first team to irk Pep Guardiola this season with their aggressive style but the constant fouling and Lee Mason’s conservative use of cards meant Mancheste...
- Sun Jan 28 10:30 PM
• Liverpool manager demands: “We have to show we can do better” • Klopp endures a third successive fourth-round defeat in FA Cup Jürgen Klopp said the pressure is on Liverpool following their FA Cup exit and the reaction to defeat by West Bromwich Albion will determine their fortunes in the Champ...
- Sun Jan 28 8:13 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round matches Continue reading
- Sun Jan 28 3:11 PM
• Chelsea remain unbeaten in the Women’s Super League this season • England manager Phil Neville attends Liverpool and Reading games Chelsea retained their unbeaten start to the Women’s Super League season by dispatching Everton thanks to Jonna Andersson’s late goal at Kingsmeadow, after Courtney...
- Sat Jan 27 9:56 PM
VAR intruded on West Bromwich Albion’s endeavour at Anfield but could not derail their triumph. Alan Pardew’s side produced a clinical away display to shock Liverpool and send Jürgen Klopp’s men out of the FA Cup at the fourth-round stage for a second season running. It was a night dominated by r...
- Sat Jan 27 6:55 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the 19.45 kick-off at Anfield Klopp: Sturridge not certain to play more if he stays Email your thoughts to Niall | Or tweet @NiallMcVeigh 6.55pm GMT Liverpool: Mignolet; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Moreno; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Can, Wijnaldum; Mané, Firmino, Sal...
- Fri Jan 26 10:30 PM
• Internazionale have made a loan offer for the striker • Klopp says he is not looking for a ‘specific’ signing this month Jürgen Klopp has said Daniel Sturridge
is not assured of more game time should he stay at Liverpool for the rest of the season and that he expects a quiet end to the transfer...
- Fri Jan 26 7:22 PM
All the news and match previews for this weekend’s FA Cup fourth-round matches If Manchester City are to complete the quadruple they will have to get past a team whose form has been somewhat mixed in recent weeks. Cardiff are undefeated in four games having lost their previous four games, but wit...
- Wed Jan 24 3:00 PM
Swansea’s win over Liverpool brought back some welcome unpredictability but the dourness on offer beneath the Champions League chasers is troubling Swansea City may be out of intensive care and receiving visitors – Carlos Carvalhal’s propensity for entertaining metaphor could be among the highlig...
- Wed Jan 24 8:25 AM
Today’s tell-all is lost in translation Roll up, roll up – the January sales continue at pace, the totaliser is ticking towards £500m and there’s still another week to spend, spend, spend! But what’s this? Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin wants to spoil everyone’s fun. He’s planning talks with E...