- Wed Dec 20 6:36 PM
• Liverpool manager works on improving midfielder’s scoring touch • Klopp finds it ‘unbelievable’ Arsenal did not try to do the same Jürgen Klopp has claimed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
can realise his goalscoring potential at Liverpool and it is “unbelievable” the midfielder did not get that opportu...
- Wed Dec 20 3:49 PM
Once the top flight’s hottest ticket, Arsenal and Liverpool remains one of the sport’s most prestigious rivalries even if the stakes have been tempered With the Guardian’s unstoppable rise to global dominance** we at Guardian US thought we’d run a series of articles for fans wishing to improve th...
- Mon Dec 18 10:30 PM
• Goalkeeper says 20-goal forward has done even better than predicted • Mignolet praises Salah’s defensive contribution alongside scoring streak Simon Mignolet
admits Mohamed Salah’s prolific start to the season has surpassed all expectations but believes the in‑form Liverpool winger’s willingnes...
- Sun Dec 17 9:07 PM
• ‘He’s the most professional person I’ve seen all season’. says England player • Brazilian Coutinho sparkles in Liverpool’s 4-0 romp at Bournemouth Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
described Philippe Coutinho as “the most professional person I’ve seen all season” after the Brazilian playmaker dazzled in...
- Sun Dec 17 8:50 PM
Egyptian’s ‘world-class’ effort means he reached 20 goals for Liverpool in 26th game and left Eddie Howe saying ‘ I do not want to play Liverpool again any time soon’ Think less Fab Four and more Tormenting Trio. Liverpool are not perfect – particularly defensively – but they have no problems ent...
- Sun Dec 17 8:45 PM
Jürgen Klopp praises his Liverpool side after they comfortably dispatched Bournemouth 4-0 on Sunday afternoon. The Reds moved up to fourth in the Premier League table with the win before a crucial meeting with Arsenal on Friday night. ‘I’m really happy about the full package we showed today, ’ sa...
- Sun Dec 17 8:00 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight. • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 17 6:35 PM
When Liverpool purr like this, delighting in every incisive move and swarming all over panicked opponents, it is hard to contemplate the reality they are a team only marginally closer to the top of the table than the condemned beneath the relegation cut-off. This was a performance to showcase all...
- Sun Dec 17 3:43 PM
All the action from the 4.30pm kick-off from the Vitality Stadium West Brom v Manchester United – live! Live scores: all Sunday’s goals as they go in! Email Daniel | or tweet @DanielHarris 3.42pm GMT Anyone else remember our last @premierleague fixture against @LFC at Vitality Stadium? #afcb pic....
- Sun Dec 17 10:00 AM
The writer on Ella Fitzgerald’s Christmas album, her appreciation of brilliant footballers and why Radio 4’s Saturday Review is perfect while washing dishes Brought up in Castlebar, County Mayo, Sally Rooney studied English at Trinity College, Dublin. From the age of 19 she started debating compe...
- Sat Dec 16 10:30 PM
After sparkling against Spartak, Anfield’s finest struggled against mediocre Everton and West Brom, but at least they can count on Mohamed Salah Liverpool are starting to do the mid-season disappointment thing all over again. They hit a fantastic high with seven goals against Spartak Moscow , onl...
- Sat Dec 16 9:00 AM
For Jürgen Klopp, a trip to Bournemouth is a headache his Liverpool side could probably do without. After stuttering to draws at home to Everton and then West Bromwich Albion, they now face Eddie Howe’s side, who on home turf have a habit of giving the bigger sides a fright – if not worse – as in...
- Fri Dec 15 10:30 PM
• Liverpool manager says second or third place is realistic aim for his team • Klopp striving for consistency before Sunday’s game at Bournemouth Jürgen Klopp says Liverpool are competing to be “the best of the rest” behind Manchester City because the Premier League title race is over. Liverpool...
- Fri Dec 15 3:25 PM
Prosecutors find insufficient evidence for criminal case against officer over claims that horse was burned with cigarettes A notorious slur against Liverpool supporters after the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, alleging that some people trapped in the crush outside the Leppings Lane turnstiles had se...
- Fri Dec 15 12:01 AM
Will there be goals galore again at the Etihad, could West Ham finish off Hughes and is Jack Wilshere
the man to bring some beauty back into Arsenal’s play? Since 2010-11, when the two games between these sides featured one goal between them, this has not been a fixture for goalkeepers. In 12 mee...
- Thu Dec 14 11:02 AM
• Striker had late goal ruled out against West Brom at Anfield on Wednesday • ‘It has clipped my arm. The referee disallowed it but it’s very unlucky’ Dominic Solanke has claimed he was “very unlucky” not to register his first Liverpool goal against West Bromwich Albion despite admitting the disa...