- Fri Jan 12 10:30 PM
Manchester City forward tells how he could have joined Sunday’s opponents, Liverpool, but has no regrets after 18 months iunder the tutelage of Guardiola Leroy Sané’s welcoming demeanour suggests a young footballer enjoying his stellar rise at Manchester City. There is an intelligence in his eyes...
- Fri Jan 12 3:15 PM
The rise of maybe the best American soccer player ever, who’s been linked to Liverpool and Manchester United, doesn’t square with US Soccer’s problems Christian Pulisic is already at one of the biggest soccer clubs in Europe. Borussia Dortmund are perennial Bundesliga challengers, consistent perf...
- Fri Jan 12 3:09 PM
• It could have been very difficult if we said ‘you have to stay here’ • ‘I know the club tried absolutely everything to convince Phil to stay’ Jürgen Klopp has said Liverpool had to sell Philippe Coutinho this month because he could not be sure of the Brazilian’s commitment for the remainder of...
- Thu Jan 11 11:22 PM
The midfielder admits he is on a learning curve but backs his and Liverpool’s ability to deal with the pressure of handling Philippe Coutinho’s departure Liverpool sanctioned a seismic transfer while the bulk of Jürgen Klopp’s squad were in Dubai but, as far as Alex Oxlade‑Chamberlain is concerne...
- Thu Jan 11 11:58 AM
• RB Leipzig keen to retain Guinea midfielder until end of season • £54m deal for Keïta to join at end of season agreed last summer Liverpool are attempting to bring forward the signing of Naby Keïta from RB Leipzig to this month, with Jürgen Klopp keen to add the Guinea international to his squa...
- Wed Jan 10 6:30 PM
• Mayor Joe Anderson
says plan will generate money for region in long-term • Everton stadium set to cost £500m with council contributing significant loan The Liverpool mayor, Joe Anderson
, has defended the city council’s decision to lend Everton £280m to help build a stadium at Bramley Moore dock...
- Wed Jan 10 11:30 AM
Goalkeeper won three major trophies in 390 appearances at club Lawrence made news in 2015 after chance encounter with reporter The former Liverpool goalkeeper Tommy Lawrence, a key member of Bill Shankly’s side in the early 1960s, has died aged 77. Lawrence joined Liverpool as an apprentice and m...
- Tue Jan 9 5:09 PM
• Everton supporter Joe Anderson
also writes to Richard Scudamore • Anderson
: ‘I am asking police to consider if any fraud has taken place’ The mayor of Liverpool has asked police to investigate whether Ross Barkley
’s cut-price transfer from Everton to Chelsea constitutes fraud. Barkley joined th...
- Tue Jan 9 12:30 PM
Anfield feels it has lost its key man but statistics do not back that up and suggest that while Barcelona have signed a fine player, Jürgen Klopp has alternatives No sooner had Philippe Coutinho’s frenetic scribble sealed a £142m transfer to Barcelona, than he was forced to swiftly hurdle the fir...
- Tue Jan 9 8:53 AM
Today’s fluff shines on an unexposed location (location) Alexis Sánchez is so keen to push through his much-mooted move to Manchester that he is willing to lose out on the £25m windfall that would accompany a summer free transfer and let Pep Guardiola give the sum – which might otherwise have bec...
- Mon Jan 8 3:13 PM
Philippe Coutinho completed his move to Barcelona on Monday and signed a five-and-a-half-year contract at the Camp Nou. The transfer could be worth up to £142m to his former club Liverpool. 'I'm very happy, very glad to be here. It is my dream, ' the Brazilian said Philippe Coutinho seals Barcelo...
- Mon Jan 8 1:12 PM
• Thigh injury delays debut after transfer from Liverpool for fee rising to £142m • ‘I hope to live up to expectations on the pitch, ’ Coutinho says Philippe Coutinho has completed his move from Liverpool to Barcelona – but will not be able to make his debut for three weeks because of injury. Cou...
- Mon Jan 8 9:25 AM
The two greatest assets of today’s tell-all are mental stability and being, like, really smart Manchester United hope to cool any interest Ant oi ne Griezmann might have in moving to Barcelona next summer by meeting Atlético Madrid’s £89m summer release clause and offering him an eye-watering £40...
- Mon Jan 8 9:19 AM
Mark Robins’ eye-catching Coventry deserve their headlines, Liverpool have a bargain in Andrew Robertson and Wolves are already good enough for top flight Amid all the hoopla over the departing Mark Hughes , it is right to take a moment to praise Coventry City. They were deserved winners of the t...
- Sun Jan 7 10:27 PM
• Brazil international to be paraded at the Camp Nou on Monday • ‘It is incredible that I am going to live with idols; players with a lot of history’ Philippe Coutinho has described his move from Liverpool to Barcelona as a “dream”. The finishing touches have been put on the transfer, which could...
- Sun Jan 7 9:19 PM
The Brazilian arrives five months later than they hoped, and for more money, but Barcelona are convinced they did the right thing in getting their man The day after the summer transfer market closed Barcelona’s sporting director, Albert Soler, and their director of football, Robert Fernández, ran...
- Sun Jan 7 4:14 PM
Jürgen Klopp says Liverpool are ‘strong enough’ to cope with the Brazilian’s departure but the impact on this season is immeasurable and the club must get his long-term replacement right Philippe Coutinho had a media routine after Champions League games at Liverpool and the night of 6 December wa...
- Sun Jan 7 1:32 AM
Liverpool have agreed a fee with Barcelona for the sale of Philippe Coutinho. The Brazilian playmaker has travelled to Spain to finalise the details of his personal terms. The Brazilian had been at the Anfield club since January 2013, joining from Internazionale. In his five years at Liverpool, C...
- Sat Jan 6 5:44 PM
• Liverpool playmaker agrees five and a-half year deal at Camp Nou • Expected to join team-mates at Levante match on Sunday afternoon Barcelona have agreed the signing of Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool for a fee of £142m. Barcelona expect the Brazil international to fly out in time to be at the...
- Sat Jan 6 2:38 PM
Everton manager Sam Allardyce and Liverpool counterpart Jürgen Klopp and speak to the press after a fractious Merseyside derby, in which Everton defender Mason Holgate appeared to accuse Liverpool's Roberto Firmino of using a racist term. Continue reading
- Sat Jan 6 12:23 AM
• Brazilian forward clashed with Mason Holgate in first half of Cup tie • FA expected to launch investigation into incident The Football Association is expected to launch an investigation into allegations by the Everton defender Mason Holgate that he was racially abused by Roberto Firmino during...