- Mon Nov 6 12:46 PM
• The pair were left out of matchday squad to face Watford • First-team coach Duncan Ferguson accused them of lack of commitment Morgan Schneiderlin
and Kevin Mirallas
were omitted from Everton’s match-day squad against Watford on Sunday after walking out of a training session 24 hours earlier. D...
- Mon Nov 6 10:14 AM
• Keane joins squad after Dele Alli is ruled out with hamstring injury • Harry Kane, Harry Winks and Gary Cahill
all face late fitness tests Everton defender Michael Keane has been called up to the England squad for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil, replacing Tottenham midfielder Dele Al...
- Mon Nov 6 9:09 AM
may tire of being kicked, Tony Pulis is under pressure at West Brom and Pep Guardiola may seek more firepower in January Eden Hazard
was fouled six times at Stamford Bridge. At one point in the second half the Belgium international was fouled by not one but three opponents in the colo...
- Sun Nov 5 6:49 PM
David Unsworth may not get the Everton manager’s job he craves but he will never receive a better endorsement of his ability to generate spirit and fight in a team than what transpired on a remarkable evening at Goodison Park. Everton delivered the first win of his temporary reign in chaotic, cal...
- Sun Nov 5 6:00 PM
Links between Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri prompt calls for broadening of Premier League ‘dual ownership’ rules It is a tale of two major Premier League football clubs. And two billionaires. And how their close relationship and the opaqueness and secrecy of the companies they own in offshor...
- Sat Nov 4 10:30 PM
• Caretaker manager goes into Watford game saying ‘my hurt is with our fans’ • Unsworth says struggling Everton just need a win to restore confidence David Unsworth has said he is hurting because of Everton’s desperate results and not the personal insults that have been thrown his way since becom...
- Sat Nov 4 9:00 AM
Everton are in free-fall before what could be David Unsworth’s final game as caretaker manager. Ten defeats in 14 matches embarrass an expensive squad and those who assembled it, and fear will deepen around Goodison Park should Marco Silva’s Watford inflict an 11th. Unsworth has suffered three de...
- Fri Nov 3 11:43 AM
Everton’s uneven squad was exposed again at Lyon, despite signs of youthful promise, but with new stadium commitments looming large the club cannot afford to remain in relegation trouble L’Équipe’s headline on matchday morning read “Un air de KO” and that’s what came to pass for Everton on a nigh...
- Thu Nov 2 8:19 PM
Everton crashed out of the Europa League with two Group E games left to play as they were beaten 3-0 at Lyon. The former Chelsea forward Bertrand Traoré, who had netted the winner in Lyon’s 2-1 victory at Goodison Park a fortnight ago, opened the scoring midway through the second half, before sub...
- Thu Nov 2 5:39 PM
Europa League updates from the 6pm GMT kick-off in France Live scoreboard: all the latest from Thursday’s matches And feel free to email Tom or tweet him @tomdaviesE17 5.39pm GMT Some pre-match chat with Unsworth, who has changes and the non-fielding of an out and out striker to explain: he’s mad...
- Thu Nov 2 9:27 AM
Today’s fluff is fragile Towards the end of Tottenham’s victory over Real Madrid on Wednesday night, the camera picked out a weeping fan in the away end. This supporter cannot have been upset about her team losing a game because that would be ridiculous. It’s not like she supports Sunderland. May...
- Wed Nov 1 12:27 PM
• Nuno inclined to stay at Wolves, who are top of the Championship • Everton intend to appoint next manager during international break Nuno Espírito Santo is considering an offer to take over at Everton, following the sacking of Ronald Koeman , but is inclined to stay at Wolves. Nuno was approach...
- Wed Nov 1 8:47 AM
Today’s fluff has seen it all before Following the dismissal of a haggard Simon Grayson within 15 minutes of Sunderland’s draw with Bolton Wanderers at the Stadium of Light last night, two questions quickly emerged: who will replace him and will anyone in their right mind want to do so? Appointed...
- Wed Nov 1 8:36 AM
The Manchester United manager, José Mourinho, says he was just doing his job by instructing Daley Blind to take a penalty in the win over Benfica on Tuesday. Romelu Lukaku
was quick to grab the ball when United were awarded the spot-kick in the 78th minute but Mourinho signalled he wanted someone...
- Tue Oct 31 3:50 PM
• ‘I hope you enjoy the game more than some of you did against Spurs’ • United manager said unfair that supporters ‘don’t support Lukaku so much’ Apparent tension between José Mourinho and sections of Manchester United supporters continued on Tuesday as he implied some of them did not enjoy Satur...