- Wed Jan 3 1:04 PM
• Brazilian, who wants to join Barcelona, to sit out third-round match • Liverpool are holding out for £130m for the playmaker Philippe Coutinho will miss Friday’s FA Cup third round derby against Everton as he continues to receive treatment on a thigh injury. Liverpool’s influential playmaker, w...
- Tue Jan 2 10:29 PM
• Goodison officials to meet Turkish club’s president Fikret Orman in London • Sam Allardyce is desperate to improve Everton’s attacking options Everton will attempt to complete the signing of the Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun on Wednesday at a meeting with the Turkish club’s president, Fikret Orma...
- Tue Jan 2 10:04 AM
Without the injured striker the French midfielder stylishly took on the burden of being Manchester United’s main threat against Everton Both these sides have lost their way a little over the festive period, though not to the extent suggested midway through the first half when Wayne Rooney looked...
- Mon Jan 1 8:44 PM
• Manchester United manager riled by criticism of Frenchman at Southampton • ‘Scholes will be in history as a phenomenal player, not as a pundit’ José Mourinho vented his anger on Paul Scholes
in the wake of Manchester United’s 2-0 win at Everton, accusing the club’s former midfielder of being je...
- Mon Jan 1 7:42 PM
José Mourinho ended 2017 with a winless streak and a litany of complaints but he could have few problems with the start to 2018. Manchester United welcomed in the new year with a commanding second-half display at Everton and a comfortable victory that should do wonders for their manager’s mood. S...
- Mon Jan 1 4:30 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Goodison January transfer window: check out our club-by-club guide And feel free to email Gregg or tweet @GreggBakowski 8.00pm GMT Evening. It’s hard to imagine this ending with the same 4-0 scoreline as the match at Old Trafford in September...
- Sun Dec 31 8:30 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 31 2:03 PM
• Club say Bramley Moore dock plan will cost ‘significantly more’ than £300m • ‘Ambitious capacity’ set to be a big increase on Goodison Park’s 39, 572 Everton have confirmed the costs of their proposed new stadium at Bramley Moore dock have “escalated significantly” and they now intend to move f...
- Sat Dec 30 5:15 PM
Sometimes football can be a cruel game. Jordan Pickford had spent the afternoon showing just why he has every chance of going to next year’s World Cup as England’s No1 goalkeeper when a wicked deflection off Michael Keane’s heel sent Ryan Fraser’s shot spinning out of his reach and into the net....
- Sat Dec 30 12:28 PM
From Arsenal to West Ham, fans assess what they need most in the January sales Related: Transfer window January 2018 – every deal in Europe's top five leagues Continue reading
- Fri Dec 29 3:22 PM
• Club’s director of football, Steve Walsh, among those travelling to Istanbul • Allardyce says he would like to sign Steven N’Zonzi if he can sell a midfielder Everton have sent a delegation to Istanbul to complete the signing of Cenk Tosun after Sam Allardyce expressed concern the £25m deal cou...
- Fri Dec 29 7:53 AM
Carvalhal needs immediate impact at Swansea, Schmeichel seeks redemption and Chelsea’s Azpilicueta-Morata combination threatens Stoke The wisdom of appointing Carlos Carvalhal as Swansea’s new manager is, to say the least, questionable: a man who was dismissed on Christmas Eve for underachieving...
- Thu Dec 28 10:22 AM
• Tosun set to sign four-year deal at Goodison Park • Striker has scored 13 goals for Besiktas so far this season Everton have agreed a £25m deal with Besiktas to sign Turkey striker Cenk Tosun, with the 26-year-old set to sign a four-and-a-half year contract when the transfer window reopens on 1...