- Sat Sep 23 9:33 PM
• Away fans at Southampton ignore requests from the player to stop singing • José Mourinho describes support as ‘amazing’ and claims not to have heard Manchester United are liaising with Hampshire police and Southampton in an attempt to identify supporters who ignored an appeal not to sing an off...
- Sat Sep 23 5:17 PM
The remarkable rise of Oumar Niasse goes on, with a match-winning brace here to add to his strike in the League Cup in midweek, and the manager who tried to shove him unceremoniously through the exit door will have felt sheepish, to say the least, when his Senegalese substitute turned the latest...
- Sat Sep 23 5:11 PM
José Mourinho ended up being sent to the stands here in stoppage time, though this was still the kind of victory to make him purr. Manchester United have maintained their eye-catching start to the campaign even if a contest they had initially threatened to dominate, bullying their hosts into subm...
- Fri Sep 22 11:48 PM
Everton Ladies 0-2 Liverpool Ladies (Harding 70; Charles 90+4) Jacob Steinberg’s team-by-team guide to the new season 10.20pm BST Second-half goals from Natasha Harding and Niamh Charles earned Liverpool victory over Everton in the opening game of the 2017-18 Women’s Super League. Liverpool creat...
- Fri Sep 22 10:30 PM
Bournemouth are the visitors on Saturday, with Ronald Koeman’s side in improved spirits after the midweek League Cup win over Sunderland There was a small victory for perseverance at Goodison Park on Wednesday when Oumar Niasse received a rousing reception from the home crowd and returned the com...
- Fri Sep 22 3:02 PM
• Manchester United manager praises forward’s ‘great improvement’ • Mourinho sidesteps questions over Romelu Lukaku
chant controversy José Mourinho believes Anthony Martial’s impressive start to the season is because the Manchester United forward is far happier than he was last year. The 21-year-...
- Fri Sep 22 2:49 PM
Back-to-back wins over Brighton will have lifted Bournemouth’s mood before their visit to Merseyside and Ronald Koeman urgently needs the same following a desperate run of form that has left Everton third from bottom. A more youthful, balanced Everton side ended a run of four defeats with victory...
- Wed Sep 20 10:44 PM
• Tottenham host London rivals West Ham at Wembley in fourth round • Crystal Palace will be wary of an upset when they travel to Bristol City Holders Manchester United will travel to Swansea in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup. José Mourinho’s side beat Championship Burton 4-1 at Old Trafford...
- Wed Sep 20 9:54 PM
Ronald Koeman may have found a solution to Everton’s striking deficiencies after all. After four painful matches without a goal Dominic Calvert-Lewin underlined his rich potential once again and Oumar Niasse returned from exile to give the Everton manager a much-needed victory over Sunderland. Si...
- Wed Sep 20 6:45 PM
Chelsea v Forest, Everton v Sunderland and West Brom v Man City Live scoreboard! Follow all the night’s games around Europe Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org And if you like your football old-school, this may be your bag 11.15am BST It’s the third round of the League Cup! (No, I can...
- Tue Sep 19 1:05 PM
The song about Romelu Lukaku
’s penis is not just ‘banter’ because the trouble with supposedly positive stereotypes is that they tend to be accompanied in the minds of those who hold them by distinctly less complimentary ones Why is it racist to say Jews are careful with their money? Why is it rac...
- Tue Sep 19 12:32 PM
• Manchester United striker one of six English players on shortlist • Gabriel Jesus of Manchester City also nominated as best under 21 player Marcus Rashford, Kylian Mbappé and Ousmane Dembélé are among the 25 contenders to win the 2017 Golden Boy award, run by the Italian newspaper Tuttosport an...
- Mon Sep 18 11:57 PM
• Kick It Out write to club after footage emerges of ‘alleged racist chanting’ • Song, heard at Old Trafford last week, makes reference to Lukaku’s manhood Manchester United have been urged to stop their supporters singing a song about Romelu Lukaku
that makes reference to the size of the striker...
- Mon Sep 18 10:33 AM
Former England football captain enters plea in court appearance marked by large police and media presence The former England football captain Wayne Rooney
has pleaded guilty to a drink-driving charge. The Everton forward, 31, was banned from driving for two years and ordered to perform 100 hours...
- Mon Sep 18 8:46 AM
Bournemouth get some return from £15m Ibe, Chelsea lack plan B without Diego Costa, Burnley are not long-ball side and Jamaal Lascelles has grown up fast The Dozen: our pick of the weekend’s best Premier League photos Manchester City and Manchester United have goal differences of +14 after five m...
- Sun Sep 17 9:29 PM
In a fractious press conference after his Everton side lost 4-0 at Old Trafford, Ronald Koeman told José Mourinho to “get realistic”, in reference to comments the Manchester United boss made in his column in the match-day programme. Koeman also suggested that if he can’t get his team to win in th...
- Sun Sep 17 8:29 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Sep 17 8:26 PM
made his first return to Old Trafford since leaving and it was not a happy one as his replacement Romelu Lukaku
overshadowed him The heavens opened after only three minutes and so Wayne Rooney
was being soaked as Antonio Valencia flashed home a sweet volley that gave Manchester Unite...
- Sun Sep 17 8:03 PM
• Mourinho says Everton should be aiming for top-four finish • Koeman tells Manchester United manager to ‘get realistic’ Ronald Koeman told José Mourinho to “get realistic” after the Manchester United manager claimed before his side’s 4-0 win that Everton should be aiming for a top-four finish “a...
- Sun Sep 17 6:08 PM
By the end, Wayne Rooney
could probably be forgiven for wondering what kind of adventures he might be missing with his old team. He had heard his name sung and there was a little, polite wave of appreciation to the crowd. Yet Rooney wore the look of a man whose return to Old Trafford had felt lik...
- Sun Sep 17 3:01 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the 4pm BST kick-off at Old Trafford Live scores: follow all Sunday’s goals and scorers Daniel Taylor: Rooney deserves a Ronaldo-style welcome Email Nick | or tweet @NickAmes82 3.01pm BST Man Utd: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Young, Fellaini, Matic, Mata, Mkhitar...