- Thu Nov 2 8:19 PM
Everton crashed out of the Europa League with two Group E games left to play as they were beaten 3-0 at Lyon. The former Chelsea forward Bertrand Traoré, who had netted the winner in Lyon’s 2-1 victory at Goodison Park a fortnight ago, opened the scoring midway through the second half, before sub...
- Thu Nov 2 5:39 PM
Europa League updates from the 6pm GMT kick-off in France Live scoreboard: all the latest from Thursday’s matches And feel free to email Tom or tweet him @tomdaviesE17 5.39pm GMT Some pre-match chat with Unsworth, who has changes and the non-fielding of an out and out striker to explain: he’s mad...
- Thu Nov 2 9:27 AM
Today’s fluff is fragile Towards the end of Tottenham’s victory over Real Madrid on Wednesday night, the camera picked out a weeping fan in the away end. This supporter cannot have been upset about her team losing a game because that would be ridiculous. It’s not like she supports Sunderland. May...
- Wed Nov 1 12:27 PM
• Nuno inclined to stay at Wolves, who are top of the Championship • Everton intend to appoint next manager during international break Nuno Espírito Santo is considering an offer to take over at Everton, following the sacking of Ronald Koeman , but is inclined to stay at Wolves. Nuno was approach...
- Wed Nov 1 8:47 AM
Today’s fluff has seen it all before Following the dismissal of a haggard Simon Grayson within 15 minutes of Sunderland’s draw with Bolton Wanderers at the Stadium of Light last night, two questions quickly emerged: who will replace him and will anyone in their right mind want to do so? Appointed...
- Wed Nov 1 8:36 AM
The Manchester United manager, José Mourinho, says he was just doing his job by instructing Daley Blind to take a penalty in the win over Benfica on Tuesday. Romelu Lukaku
was quick to grab the ball when United were awarded the spot-kick in the 78th minute but Mourinho signalled he wanted someone...
- Tue Oct 31 3:50 PM
• ‘I hope you enjoy the game more than some of you did against Spurs’ • United manager said unfair that supporters ‘don’t support Lukaku so much’ Apparent tension between José Mourinho and sections of Manchester United supporters continued on Tuesday as he implied some of them did not enjoy Satur...
- Mon Oct 30 3:13 PM
• United manager urges fans not to judge striker on goals alone • Mourinho says he will protect his players when they deserve it José Mourinho has described Romelu Lukaku
as “untouchable in my team”, with the Manchester United manager saying he has to protect his players when they deserve it. Aft...
- Mon Oct 30 8:24 AM
Arsenal need Sead Kolasinac to recover quickly; Liverpool’s search for a penalty-taker goes on; and Newcastle prepare for a ‘sliding doors’ moment Next Sunday, Manchester City host Arsenal at 1.30pm and Manchester United play Chelsea at 4pm; it really is amazing just how often the fixture list th...
- Sun Oct 29 9:45 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Oct 29 8:29 PM
The sight of the away end emptying long before the final whistle was blown in the 2-0 defeat at Leicester City told its own story David Unsworth spent the majority of this match standing on the edge of his technical area. Occasionally he instructed his players to do something, while there were ot...
- Sun Oct 29 6:14 PM
The Claude Puel era is up and running at Leicester City and any dissenting voices about the Frenchman’s appointment will soon be silenced if this proves to be a sign of things to come. Inspired by the outstanding Demarai Gray, Leicester attacked with pace and penetration, with the wonderful break...
- Sun Oct 29 3:00 PM
Latest updates from the 3pm kickoff at the King Power Stadium Puel insists priority is winning – not playing style Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Tweet: @Simon_Burnton 12.17pm GMT Simon! Continue reading
- Sun Oct 29 12:00 PM
• United manager accuses fans of not giving Lukaku enough support • Mourinho has also criticised them for booing substitution against Tottenham José Mourinho has surprisingly opened a second front of criticism of Manchester United fans by claiming they did not offer Romelu Lukaku
enough support d...
- Sat Oct 28 10:30 PM
Former centre-half can bring back bite but a harder task will be to get everyone at the club, including the owner and chairman, pulling in the same direction David Unsworth has been in charge of Everton for only a week but has quickly become adept at saying all the right things. Yes, he would lik...
- Sat Oct 28 9:00 AM
Two of the three Premier League clubs to have sacked their manager this season go head-to-head in the east Midlands as Claude Puel takes charge of Leicester for the first time and David Unsworth seeks the victory that would strengthen his chances of a landing the Everton job permanently. Puel see...
- Fri Oct 27 10:30 PM
• Under-23 manager has had ‘honest’ talks with Farhad Moshiri • Unsworth expected to be given at least until November international break David Unsworth has held talks with Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, as he attempts to convince the club’s hierarchy he can be the long-term replace...
- Fri Oct 27 9:30 AM
You can nudge the dial back almost a century to find out why the Merseyside club’s supporters expect more than they’ve been getting With the Guardian’s unstoppable rise to global dominance** we at Guardian US thought we’d run a series of articles for fans wishing to improve their knowledge of the...