- Fri Jan 19 10:30 PM
• ‘We must accept Pedro dived, ’ says Chelsea manager • Michy Batshuayi replaces suspended Álvaro Morata at Brighton Antonio Conte has admitted Pedro Rodríguez was guilty of diving in the chaotic FA Cup replay against Norwich City and has urged the Spain forward to learn from the mistake and avoi...
- Fri Jan 19 6:00 PM
Seeing Andy Carroll
or Peter Crouch
at Chelsea is too good to hope for as it could confirm suspicions about the basic numbers of effectiveness and opportunity in elite teams It is nearly 40 years since a famous photo emerged that left the nascent Indian space programme an object of widespread moc...
- Fri Jan 19 2:46 PM
Brighton are the only team yet to take a point from a top-six side this season but this seems a good opportunity against a similarly shot-shy Chelsea who were forced into a long night’s work by Norwich on Wednesday. At some point a landmark result may be needed for a team that has won just once i...
- Fri Jan 19 10:28 AM
Today’s fluff is rubbing its eyes Having been mentioned in jest on yesterday’s award-winning Guardian podcast Football Weekly Extra , a move for Peter Crouch
from Stoke City to Chelsea now looks like it might actually happen. The Premier League champions had been linked with Andy Carroll , but th...
- Fri Jan 19 8:30 AM
Arsène Wenger seeks a reaction, Rafa Benítez may change approach against Manchester City and is Glenn Murray what Chelsea need? Two teams struggling to score goals go toe-to-toe when Brighton and Chelsea get the Premier League ball rolling in Saturday’s early kick-off. Brighton have drawn seven b...
- Thu Jan 18 7:26 PM
• Investigation relates to signing of foreign players aged under 18 • Chelsea face possible transfer ban from Fifa disciplinary committee • Club say they comply with Fifa regulations when recruiting players Chelsea have been accused after an initial Fifa investigation of breaking the rules on the...
- Thu Jan 18 6:48 PM
• West Ham man set for extended absence • Striker was due for talks over £20m switch Andy Carroll
’s £20m move to Chelsea is off after an ankle injury has forced the striker on to the sidelines for an extended period. Carroll has been linked with a move to Premier League champions but any January...
- Thu Jan 18 9:21 AM
Today’s fluff is meditated by direction Chelsea want to bolster their midfield with another player who isn’t as bad as Tiémoué Bakayoko, and have clearly learned from the experience of expensively signing a sought-after midfielder from a club on the French Riviera only to be disappointed by his p...
- Thu Jan 18 12:40 AM
• Willian should have been got penalty after Klose challenge, Conte said • Pedro and Álvaro Morata deserved yellow cards for diving, says Italian Dominic Fifield Stamford Bridge Continue reading
- Wed Jan 17 11:06 PM
Chelsea eventually saw off Norwich City in a penalty shootout here – Eden Hazard
scoring the decisive spot-kick, with Norwich missing only one of their efforts from 12 yards – but, for long periods, this had been the stuff of nightmares for Antonio Conte and his players. Enduring the extra period...
- Wed Jan 17 10:34 AM
• Chelsea told they will not be able to get Carroll on six-month loan • West Ham want around £20m for striker they bought for £15m Chelsea have indicated they would be willing to sign Andy Carroll
on a permanent basis and have opened discussions with West Ham as they seek to bolster Antonio Conte...
- Tue Jan 16 10:30 PM
• Club look to arrange friendly after midfielder declared ineligible • Ethan Ampadu set to start replay with Eden Hazard
rested Chelsea are seeking to arrange a behind-closed-doors friendly this week to grant Ross Barkley
game time after discovering only on Sunday that the new signing is ineligib...
- Mon Jan 15 9:54 PM
• Local authority moves to overcome project-derailing injunction • Nearby home owners had said stadium threatened ‘right to light’ Chelsea’s £1bn redevelopment of Stamford Bridge has received further backing after Hammersmith and Fulham council agreed to use statutory powers to overcome an injunc...
- Mon Jan 15 7:52 AM
Arsenal have hit an all-time low under Arsène Wenger, Chelsea could go for Andy Carroll
and Sam Allardyce needs a result Chelsea have endured three successive goalless draws for the first time and it is inconceivable the scouting department is not exploring forward options. Something has clearly...
- Sun Jan 14 10:30 PM
• Striker, 29, would give Chelsea a different option up front • Loan deal possible for injury-plagued former England striker Chelsea’s eagerness to freshen up their forward ranks could prompt a renewed attempt to secure Andy Carroll
from West Ham United before the end of the transfer window. The...
- Sun Jan 14 10:29 PM
• Manager makes reference to his rapprochement with Claudio Ranieri • Manchester United keen on extending David de Gea’s contract José Mourinho has reignited the feud with Antonio Conte by stating he has been “man enough” to say sorry when in the wrong, with the Manchester United manager referenc...
- Sun Jan 14 8:29 AM
The 29-year-old reveals how walking away from Australia and a failing marriage to rugby league star Kevin Locke have been the making of her, as she looks forward to the Commonwealth Games Last summer, Chelsea Pitman posted a message on Instagram announcing some of the life lessons she had learned...
- Sat Jan 13 5:19 PM
Chelsea heaved in search of a winner deep into stoppage time here, the locals howling in exasperation as Kasper Schmeichel turned Marcos Alonso’s stoppage time free-kick round the post, but plucking a victory from this mess of a display would have been an injustice. Too much of this was inadequat...
- Sat Jan 13 2:00 PM
The former Chelsea and England midfielder, 39, talks daughters, mums and the secret to a good relationship I wasn’t born with the talent of Lionel Messi , but I made the most of what I have. I work hard because I am scared of failure. I had it as a footballer at Chelsea and I have it today as a...