- Fri Feb 2 2:40 PM
Özil and Sanogo were supposed to define the ambitions of the late-Wenger era at Arsenal. And indeed they have. Just not in the right way There was a murmur of foreboding last month when it emerged that the Doomsday Clock, a metaphorical timepiece that ranks the current omens for the complete anni...
- Fri Feb 2 10:51 AM
• Striker signed for £56m may miss Saturday’s game against Everton • Arsenal manager regrets not getting a defender in January window Arsène Wenger has revealed that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may not be fit to make his Arsenal debut against Everton on Saturday as he struggles with a sickness bug....
- Fri Feb 2 9:10 AM
Today’s fluff is struggling to make the grade Good morning. It is only 34 hours and counting since the transfer window shut, so, y’know. The biggest story of the day seems to be about the poor woman’s Margaret Mountford, Karren Brady. The West Ham vice-chair has seemingly got herself into some so...
- Thu Feb 1 10:05 AM
Striker could renew fruitful partnership with former Dortmund team-mate to bolster Arsenal’s attack after Alexis Sánchez’s exit A few years ago, when Jens Lehmann was in between spells as an Arsenal player and coach, he explained a key to the great Invincibles team with a teasing question: “What...
- Wed Jan 31 9:45 PM
Leicester City stood firm in the face of Manchester City’s late pursuit of Riyad Mahrez but this was a deadline day to forget for Claude Puel and his team. Theo Walcott
struck the first goals of his Everton career to condemn the visitors to a deserved defeat under the blue moon at Goodison Park....
- Wed Jan 31 9:45 PM
sat behind the home dugouts, burying his emotions in Chelsea training gear, though so much of this new start would have reminded him of his darker days at Arsenal. Only 24 hours previously he had been summoned from the bench as his old team succumbed to Swansea City. Now prised awa...
- Wed Jan 31 1:22 PM
•German puts pen to paper on new three-year deal •Arsenal also close to securing Jack Wilshere
to a new deal Mesut Özil has agreed a new three-year contract at Arsenal. The midfielder will put months of uncertainty behind him by signing the deal in the coming days. It will make him the club’s hig...
- Wed Jan 31 11:24 AM
• Striker’s move to the Premier League club announced by Dortmund • Chelsea’s Michy Batshuayi set to join Bundesliga club on loan Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has joined Arsenal for £56m on transfer deadline day, triggering a chain of transfers that is expected to take Olivier Giroud to Chelsea and...
- Tue Jan 30 11:14 PM
• Arsenal manager laments ‘massive mistakes’ in latest away setback • Wenger defends inclusion of Olivier Giroud
among substitutes Arsène Wenger lamented the “unusual and massive mistakes” that led his team to suffer a humiliating defeat against Swansea City , leaving Arsenal with eight points to...
- Tue Jan 30 11:08 PM
• Former Arsenal player sure to get a lively welcome at Wembley • Mourinho says Sánchez arrival will not affect Marcus Rashford As a former Arsenal player Alexis Sánchez is likely to be booed when he steps out for Manchester United against Tottenham at Wembley on Wednesday evening but José Mourin...
- Tue Jan 30 9:49 PM
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang touched down in London a little prematurely in terms of his transfer but not soon enough from Arsenal’s point of view. How they could have done with their soon-to-be club-record signing on a night when Arsenal’s miserable away form continued as Swansea, capitalising on a...
- Tue Jan 30 5:58 PM
• Michy Batshuayi set for Dortmund loan • Frenchman eyeing more starts with champions Olivier Giroud
is primed to join Chelsea from Arsenal in a deal worth £17.5m, which will pave the way for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to move from Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal. Michy Batshuayi is set to complete t...
- Mon Jan 29 11:15 AM
• Gabon striker has agreed deal worth £180, 000-a-week • Dortmund want to secure replacement before letting him go Arsenal have reached agreement in principle with Borussia Dortmund over the club record €63m(£55.5m) signing of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, though the Bundesliga side will only sancti...