- Fri Jan 19 10:30 PM
• Wenger believes injury-plagued midfielder knows his body better • Danny Welbeck
out of Crystal Palace game with injury Arsène Wenger believes Jack Wilshere
’s upturn in form is rooted in the midfielder shedding the feeling that he is invincible. Wilshere has started Arsenal’s last seven Premier...
- Fri Jan 19 5:04 PM
Boosted by their January recruits, Everton will see this match as an opportunity to turn a poor run of form around. Theo Walcott
will add some much needed pace and will oppose his former team-mate Kieran Gibbs. West Brom picked up three crucial points against fellow strugglers Brighton last time...
- Fri Jan 19 4:58 PM
• Everton debut to follow unceremonious Arsenal exit • West Brom game to be Sam Allardyce’s 1, 000th as a manager Having spent 12 years at Arsenal, scoring 108 goals in 397 appearances and helping the club win two FA Cups, Theo Walcott
might have expected his departure from the Emirates would be...
- Fri Jan 19 3:09 PM
says he is intent on making his move to Everton from Arsenal a success. The forward leaves the Gunners after 12 years at the club and insists he holds no grudges with manager Arsène Wenger. ‘I can’t thank him enough, ’ says Walcott Theo Walcott
: a great hope who failed to kick on in...
- Fri Jan 19 1:39 PM
Arsène Wenger has described the current January window as the most disturbing and destabilising he has known and the noises around a clutch of transfer and contractual situations remain loud. Arsenal must block them out against Roy Hodgson’s resurgent Crystal Palace. What was most disturbing for...
- Fri Jan 19 8:30 AM
Arsène Wenger seeks a reaction, Rafa Benítez may change approach against Manchester City and is Glenn Murray what Chelsea need? Two teams struggling to score goals go toe-to-toe when Brighton and Chelsea get the Premier League ball rolling in Saturday’s early kick-off. Brighton have drawn seven b...
- Thu Jan 18 1:40 PM
Walcott leaves for Everton as a symbol of the later Wenger years, his flashes of undeniable talent mixed with unreliability and always being same old Theo when new Theo was required In the end the writing on the wall was spelled out boldly enough for Theo Walcott
to recognise the comfort zone was...
- Thu Jan 18 12:43 PM
• Michael Zorc unhappy with Arsène Wenger’s comments • There has been no contact with Arsenal, says sporting director Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director, Michael Zorc, has hit out at Arsène Wenger after the Arsenal manager spoke admiringly about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The Dortmund striker...
- Thu Jan 18 9:21 AM
• Manager admits Alexis Sánchez is likely to join Manchester United • Wenger interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Jonny Evans
Arsène Wenger has said that the deal involving Alexis Sánchez joining Manchester United and Henrikh Mkhitaryan moving to Arsenal “is likely to happen”. The Chilean...
- Wed Jan 17 6:08 PM
Sam Allardyce says Theo Walcott
‘should be at the peak of his career’ and he is an experienced goalscorer but his arrival is bad news for Everton’s youngsters Sam Allardyce believes Theo Walcott
“should be at the peak of his career” at 28 and with the experience of 397 games played over a dozen y...
- Wed Jan 17 5:02 PM
• ‘I want the club to push to the next level, ’ Walcott says • Walcott has struggled for regular starting role at Emirates Theo Walcott
has become Everton's second signing of the transfer window after completing a move from Arsenal in a £20m deal. The 28-year-old underwent a medical on Merseyside...
- Tue Jan 16 7:00 PM
Striker suspended by Borussia Dortmund for the third time has a deteriorating relationship with the German press Even a decade after he left to join Milan as a 17-year-old apprentice, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang still regards the picturesque medieval town of Laval in western France as his home. Las...
- Tue Jan 16 6:29 PM
• Arsenal manager accused official of ‘not being honest’ • Referee gave Albion controversial spot-kick in New Year’s Eve draw Arsène Wenger accused the referee Mike Dean of not being honest and branded him a “disgrace” in a heated exchange following December’s 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns. The Footb...
- Tue Jan 16 1:30 PM
• Armenian yet to decide on possible move to Emirates • Mkhitaryan and Arsenal yet to have talks on any deal Manchester United’s hopes of buying Arsenal’s Alexis Sánchez may recede should Henrikh Mkhitaryan not wish move to the north London club, with the Armenian carefully weighing up his option...
- Mon Jan 15 10:30 PM
• Arsenal winger also being pursued by Southampton • Everton’s Sam Allardyce anxious to improve attacking options Everton have made progress in their attempt to sign Theo Walcott
and are hopeful of completing a £20m deal for the Arsenal winger this week. Sam Allardyce confirmed his interest in th...
- Mon Jan 15 7:08 PM
• Gabon international could cost as much as £53.3m • Club also hope to sign £40m Malcom from Bordeaux Arsenal are increasingly confident of securing the Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after holding productive talks with the Bundesliga club as they prepare for life after Alexi...
- Mon Jan 15 9:13 AM
• City regard financial package to sign Arsenal forward as excessive • Way clear for Manchester United to seal move for Sánchez Manchester City are close to accepting their attempt to sign Alexis Sánchez is dead because of what they regard as the astronomical monies wanted by the Arsenal forward...
- Mon Jan 15 7:52 AM
Arsenal have hit an all-time low under Arsène Wenger, Chelsea could go for Andy Carroll
and Sam Allardyce needs a result Chelsea have endured three successive goalless draws for the first time and it is inconceivable the scouting department is not exploring forward options. Something has clearly...
- Mon Jan 15 7:39 AM
Today’s fluff is feeling lucky Despite having b eaten Manchester City without Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool are still interested in signing another nifty attacker this January and are hoping Thomas Lemar will grab the little Brazilian’s old wand, perform some nifty tricks and generally sprinkle so...
- Sun Jan 14 6:12 PM
• Arsène Wenger says forward’s future will be decided ‘in the next 48 hours’ • Sánchez did not feature against Bournemouth with United move likely • Arsenal close to signing Malcom and interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan Arsène Wenger says he expects Alexis Sánchez to leave Arsenal in the "next 48 h...
- Sun Jan 14 5:40 PM
Visitors were in control at Bournemouth but this is the most fragile of Arsenal teams and it was worrying to see how thin squad was in terms of quality It was a shocking moment for Arsenal and the temptation was to squint in disbelief. How had it happened? How had Callum Wilson nipped in to equal...
- Sun Jan 14 5:18 PM
Alexis Sánchez could depart Arsenal within the next two days, according to manager Arsène Wenger. The Chilean was left out of Arsenal's squad for the trip to Bournemouth on Sunday and has been linked with a move to either Manchester City or Manchester United. Wenger, speaking following the 2-1 de...
- Sun Jan 14 3:36 PM
Alexis Sánchez was nowhere to be seen but this was the same old Arsenal in many other respects. A game that was totally in their control with just over 20 minutes remaining, as they led through Héctor Bellerín’s second-half goal, inexplicably slipped from their grasp as Bournemouth scored twice i...
- Sun Jan 14 1:05 PM
Updates from the 1.30pm GMT kick-off at the Vitality Stadium Live scores – all Sunday’s goals as they go in And you can email Nick or tweet @NickAmes82 1.05pm GMT Did you miss this interview with Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson by Jacob Steinberg? Then you shouldn’t have: Related: Callum Wilson: ‘Whe...
- Sun Jan 14 10:30 AM
• Sánchez has not travelled to Bournemouth for Sunday’s match • United may beat Manchester City to January signing of forward Alexis Sánchez will not play for Arsenal at Bournemouth on Sunday – the forward has not travelled to the south coast – and the latest indication is that he has come to fav...
- Sat Jan 13 10:35 PM
Arsène Wenger claims not to be worried but the French striker has hit a barren patch and is struggling with the demands of the Premier League Alexandre Lacazette accepted the pass from Danny Welbeck, took one touch to set himself and curled a glorious right-footed shot from the edge of the area i...
- Sat Jan 13 10:30 PM
• Portuguese says spending in transfer window won’t help them catch City • United could still make a move for Arsenal striker Alexis Sánchez José Mourinho does not believe there is any point in Manchester United throwing money around this month in an effort to reinvigorate the title race – becaus...
- Sat Jan 13 5:07 PM
David Moyes became only the fourth manager to record 200 Premier League wins with this resounding victory – Ferguson, Wenger and Redknapp since you ask, and the first of that trio was here to see it – though of greater significance to both clubs might be the fact that West Ham leapfrogged Hudders...
- Sat Jan 13 9:00 AM
How Arsène Wenger, who will again be peering from the stands, would love a victory after the nightmare in Nottingham. Arsenal are winless in four in all competitions – their longest barren run since a streak of five starting in February 2016 – and that could easily continue. Eddie Howe can count...
- Sat Jan 13 9:00 AM
The Monaco and France midfielder has already turned down a €100m move to Arsenal but he cannot avoid attention from Premier League clubs much longer By Adam White for Get French Football News , of the Guardian Sport Network Thomas Lemar, a Caen player at the time, was making his way to a post-gam...