- Thu Feb 1 10:05 AM
Striker could renew fruitful partnership with former Dortmund team-mate to bolster Arsenal’s attack after Alexis Sánchez’s exit A few years ago, when Jens Lehmann was in between spells as an Arsenal player and coach, he explained a key to the great Invincibles team with a teasing question: “What...
- Wed Jan 31 9:45 PM
sat behind the home dugouts, burying his emotions in Chelsea training gear, though so much of this new start would have reminded him of his darker days at Arsenal. Only 24 hours previously he had been summoned from the bench as his old team succumbed to Swansea City. Now prised awa...
- Wed Jan 31 9:45 PM
Leicester City stood firm in the face of Manchester City’s late pursuit of Riyad Mahrez but this was a deadline day to forget for Claude Puel and his team. Theo Walcott
struck the first goals of his Everton career to condemn the visitors to a deserved defeat under the blue moon at Goodison Park....
- Wed Jan 31 1:22 PM
•German puts pen to paper on new three-year deal •Arsenal also close to securing Jack Wilshere
to a new deal Mesut Özil has agreed a new three-year contract at Arsenal. The midfielder will put months of uncertainty behind him by signing the deal in the coming days. It will make him the club’s hig...
- Wed Jan 31 11:24 AM
• Striker’s move to the Premier League club announced by Dortmund • Chelsea’s Michy Batshuayi set to join Bundesliga club on loan Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has joined Arsenal for £56m on transfer deadline day, triggering a chain of transfers that is expected to take Olivier Giroud to Chelsea and...
- Tue Jan 30 11:14 PM
• Arsenal manager laments ‘massive mistakes’ in latest away setback • Wenger defends inclusion of Olivier Giroud
among substitutes Arsène Wenger lamented the “unusual and massive mistakes” that led his team to suffer a humiliating defeat against Swansea City , leaving Arsenal with eight points to...
- Tue Jan 30 11:08 PM
• Former Arsenal player sure to get a lively welcome at Wembley • Mourinho says Sánchez arrival will not affect Marcus Rashford As a former Arsenal player Alexis Sánchez is likely to be booed when he steps out for Manchester United against Tottenham at Wembley on Wednesday evening but José Mourin...
- Tue Jan 30 9:49 PM
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang touched down in London a little prematurely in terms of his transfer but not soon enough from Arsenal’s point of view. How they could have done with their soon-to-be club-record signing on a night when Arsenal’s miserable away form continued as Swansea, capitalising on a...
- Tue Jan 30 5:58 PM
• Michy Batshuayi set for Dortmund loan • Frenchman eyeing more starts with champions Olivier Giroud
is primed to join Chelsea from Arsenal in a deal worth £17.5m, which will pave the way for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to move from Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal. Michy Batshuayi is set to complete t...
- Mon Jan 29 11:15 AM
• Gabon striker has agreed deal worth £180, 000-a-week • Dortmund want to secure replacement before letting him go Arsenal have reached agreement in principle with Borussia Dortmund over the club record €63m(£55.5m) signing of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, though the Bundesliga side will only sancti...
- Fri Jan 26 11:00 PM
The Chilean forward’s drawn-out transfer from Arsenal to Old Trafford was all but forgotten as two assists and glimpses of greatness marked his debut in an FA Cup victory at Yeovil “He wants to play, he loves to play.” And so he does. For all the overblown shemozzle of Alexis Sánchez’s long goodb...
- Fri Jan 26 12:00 PM
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has said that Alexis Sánchez's missed drugs test was the club's fault. Speaking at London Colney he said that Alexis has 'nothing to hide'. On Monday, the Chilean moved to rivals Manchester United in a swap deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan. Wenger added that it was a 'spe...
- Fri Jan 26 10:20 AM
• Wenger admits club failed to inform FA the forward was absent • Arsenal manager says Sánchez and club have ‘nothing to hide’ Arsène Wenger has said Arsenal were at fault for Alexis Sánchez missing a doping test but that the club and player have “nothing to hide”. Arsenal’s manager confirmed the...
- Fri Jan 26 9:02 AM
Today’s piffle is tall Unable to get a start in a Real Madrid team that is already 19 points off the pace in La Liga, Mateo Kovacic could be offered a change of scenery by José Mourinho, who has just signed a new contract of his own at Manchester United . Despite his inability to impress Zinedine...