- Sat Apr 14 10:06 PM
If the true test of a team is how they cope in times of adversity, then Manchester City provided plenty of evidence of their claim to greatness with the response to their exit from the Champions League. The critics who had hoped to see another collapse from Pep Guardiola’s side have been silenced...
- Sat Apr 14 6:49 PM
Premier League updates from the 7.45pm kick-off at Wembley Guardiola claims Man City could fail to win league And you can email or tweet Niall your thoughts 6.48pm BST Tottenham: Lloris; Trippier, Sánchez, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane. Subs: Son, Wanyama, Vorm, S...
- Sat Apr 14 12:50 PM
• De Bruyne, Sané and David Silva
all in the running • Sessegnon, Rashford, Sterling competing for Young Player award Manchester City trio Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sané and David Silva
have been shortlisted for the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year award for the 2017-18 seaso...
- Fri Apr 13 10:53 PM
• Spurs manager calls the midfielder a special talent • ‘He is so competitive that when it’s easy he’s not interested’ When addressing the subject of Saturday’s fixture with Manchester City, the word most commonly used by Mauricio Pochettino was massive. A massive gap to the top, a massive three...
- Fri Apr 13 5:00 PM
Pep Guardiola goes to Wembley looking to avoid a fourth successive defeat for only the second time of his managerial career – if City win and Manchester United lose on Sunday, the league title is theirs. With a top four place almost secured, Tottenham should provide a stiff test having won the co...
- Fri Apr 13 2:50 PM
• Pep Guardiola unsure when Argentina striker will return • Guardiola claims he only has 14 fit players for trip to Wembley Pep Guardiola has cast doubt over Sergio Agüero playing for Manchester City again this season. Aguero suffered a knee problem that kept him out for a month before he managed...
- Fri Apr 13 11:33 AM
The semi-finals of the European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup all featured a British team in 1983-84 By Steven Pye for That 1980s Sports Blog of the Sport Network When the semi-finals for the European Cup, European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup began in April 1984, there was a chance al...
- Thu Apr 12 10:42 PM
• Goal award attracted comment from Golden Boot rival Mo Salah • Fans of other clubs will have killed him, Spurs manager adds Mauricio Pochettino believes Harry Kane will “learn a lot” from the controversy over Tottenham’s second goal against Stoke last Saturday. Spurs chose to appeal a decision...
- Thu Apr 12 4:07 PM
Tottenham manager Maurico Pochettino believes there could still be twists and turns in the race to secure a top four spot in the Premier League. Tottenham host Manchester City on Saturday night, with Pochettino still wary of the threat Chelsea and Arsenal could pose to their top four chances. Con...
- Wed Apr 11 8:28 PM
• Premier League gives Kane winner at Stoke after Spurs appeal • Golden Boot rival Mohamed Salah tweets “Wooooooow really?” Harry Kane has been handed a boost in his bid for a third successive Premier League Golden Boot after being awarded Tottenham’s second goal at Stoke. The goal was given to C...
- Wed Apr 11 10:15 AM
Today’s tell-all is all about the money, money, money Tottenham Hotspur central midfielder Mousa Dembélé has been one of several players to excel under Mauricio Pochettino in recent seasons and the man hailed as “a genius” by his manager has given players as good as Nemanja Matic, Sami Khedira, a...
- Sun Apr 8 11:12 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Apr 8 10:39 PM
• Tottenham’s winner awarded to Christian Eriksen • Kane has scored five fewer league goals than Mohamed Salah Harry Kane has not given up hope of overhauling Mohamed Salah in the race for the Premier League golden boot award despite being denied what he felt was his 25th goal of the campaign in...