- Sat May 19 9:00 AM
In an exclusive extract from his new book, the former defender explains what he learned during his career and how footballers must do more to condition their bodies I invested a lot in my fitness. My personal network of therapists cost me 10% of my net salary, several hundreds of thousands of e...
- Fri May 18 10:30 PM
• Midfielder admits mislaying medal won with Arsenal in 2005 • ‘If you are a bit of a romantic, the FA Cup is very special’ Cesc Fàbregas will have an extra incentive to claim the FA Cup for a second time in his career after admitting he has mislaid his winner’s medal from his first appearance in...
- Thu May 17 8:00 PM
In his first major interview since leaving Arsenal the manager discusses his future, not being consulted over his successor and whether Mikel Arteta
has the qualities for the job Arsène Wenger is finishing his breakfast in the Paris hotel where he has been coming for years and where the staff wou...
- Thu May 17 12:00 PM
• Arsène Wenger reflects on how he tried to sign both in 2003 • ‘Ronaldo was very close. Messi didn’t work because of agents’ Cristiano Ronaldo
and Lionel Messi could have played together at Arsenal had things worked out differently. Arsène Wenger, who took charge of the final game of his 22-year...
- Thu May 17 9:04 AM
Today’s tell-all didn’t get where it is today by telling the truth to customers when they make complaints The inevitable stampede for the West Brom exit door looks likely to be led by Jonny Evans
, who is reported to be the subject of interest from managerless Arsenal. A relegation release clause...
- Tue May 15 8:59 PM
Arsenal midfielder pays World Cup price for continual underachieving while Manchester City exit began downward spiral for goalkeeper on loan at West Ham Jack Wilshere
and Joe Hart
appear to be the early casualties of Gareth Southgate’s England planning – two relatively young players who would hav...
- Tue May 15 6:28 PM
• Arteta considering his backroom team after positive talks • Former captain seen as better fit than Max Allegri by club Mikel Arteta
is the strong favourite to be appointed as successor to Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, with productive talks having progressed between his camp and the club. Conversati...
- Tue May 15 1:38 PM
• 58-year-old led Germany to 2014 World Cup title • Löw linked with vacant manager’s post at Arsenal Joachim Löw has agreed to extend his contract as Germany’s head coach until 2022. Löw, whose current deal runs out in 2020, has been in charge for 12 years and in 2014 led Germany to their fourth...
- Tue May 15 10:28 AM
Our cartoonist on why some birds aren’t meant to be caged View all of David’s cartoons here Continue reading
- Mon May 14 10:30 PM
• City finished season with 100 points, a first in English top division • De Bruyne says this team better than Arsenal’s 2004 Invincibles Kevin De Bruyne believes Manchester City’s feat in reaching 100 points may be impossible to repeat, though he says this should be the challenge for Pep Guardio...
- Sun May 13 7:38 PM
The sun shone on the departing manager at Huddersfield and in the 22nd minute he received a standing ovation from the entire crowd The final bow was a grand sweeping gesture, with the kind of flourish that would not look out of place on a Broadway stage. Arsène Wenger emerged for his last Premier...
- Sun May 13 5:05 PM
Arsène Wenger’s powers may have dwindled in recent years but at least his last match at Arsenal ended in the same way his first one did in 1996, with his team taking three points. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, the Frenchman’s last major signing at the north London club, made sure of that detail by s...
- Sun May 13 10:03 AM
As Arsène Wenger prepares to hang up his famous coat for the last time, we take a look at some of the highs and lows of his career at Arsenal, as seen through the lens of Guardian and Observer photographer Tom Jenkins Continue reading