- Tue Jan 30 9:47 PM
Although it is impossible to argue with the assertion that West Ham United are crying out for reinforcements before the transfer window closes tonight, at least this gritty performance provided more evidence that David Moyes is capable of inspiring them to battle against adversity. A point was a...
- Mon Jan 29 1:09 PM
• Defender was sent off for spitting at Wigan’s Nick Powell
• Six-game suspension adds to Hammers’ personnel crisis The West Ham defender Arthur Masuaku has been banned for six games by the Football Association for spitting at the Wigan midfielder Nick Powell
. The Hammers left-back apologised aft...
- Mon Jan 29 8:23 AM
Michy Batshuayi might be just what Chelsea need, VAR creates fresh farce and Coventry’s on-field outlook brightens at last Cardiff are not the first team to irk Pep Guardiola this season with their aggressive style but the constant fouling and Lee Mason’s conservative use of cards meant Mancheste...
- Sun Jan 28 10:29 PM
• ‘There is no fear, ’ says League One side’s match-winner • West Ham’s woes compounded by injuries and suspension Paul Cook’s expressed desire for an FA Cup fifth-round tie against Liverpool at Anfield was wiped out within hours of his Wigan side eliminating West Ham, though there are still plen...
- Sun Jan 28 8:13 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round matches Continue reading
- Sat Jan 27 5:06 PM
Only the two Manchester clubs have won more games than Wigan Athletic this season, though the home players were looking forward to this match because it came without the pressure of being expected to deliver. The Latics certainly began in relaxed fashion, having named his strongest side Paul Cook...
- Fri Jan 26 7:22 PM
All the news and match previews for this weekend’s FA Cup fourth-round matches If Manchester City are to complete the quadruple they will have to get past a team whose form has been somewhat mixed in recent weeks. Cardiff are undefeated in four games having lost their previous four games, but wit...
- Fri Jan 26 6:17 PM
Winning the FA Cup in 2013 final seems a long time ago but Wigan are back to their giantkilling exploits and have West Ham in their sights When Wigan Athletic won 3-1 at Plymouth to go five points clear at the top of League One last Saturday, Argyle’s manager, Derek Adams, described them as a Cha...
- Fri Jan 26 4:54 PM
• Brazilian is not cup-tied for the Champions League • Moura had talks with Mauricio Pochettino on Thursday Tottenham Hotspur believe a January deal for the Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas Moura is theirs for the taking. The £25m-rated Brazilian visited the club’s training ground in Enfield on T...
- Thu Jan 25 5:15 PM
• Norwich are likely to demand a bigger fee for their prized asset • Maddison has scored seven goals in the Championship this term West Ham United have made a £12m bid for Norwich City’s talented midfielder James Maddison. David Moyes watched the 21-year-old at Stamford Bridge last week as Norwic...
- Wed Jan 24 9:43 AM
• West Ham pursuing midfielder after losing Manuel Lanzini to injury • Club willing to pay wages in full but want compromise over loan fee West Ham are in talks with Internazionale over signing the midfielder João Mário on loan after losing Manuel Lanzini for six weeks to injury. Lanzini has rupt...