- Sun Dec 3 8:23 PM
• City leave it late for third successive game as David Silva
scores in 83rd minute • ‘If we can take something about the Fergie time, it is welcome, a pleasure’ Pep Guardiola praised Manchester City’s increasing ability to win in “Fergie time” after West Ham United were beaten by David Silva
- Sun Dec 3 7:29 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 3 6:18 PM
Manchester City again frustrated Manchester United by grabbing a late victory and all three points. The score showed 1-1 and the clock 83 minutes when Pep Guardiola’s men produced yet another dramatic winner. Kevin De Bruyne nonchalantly flicked a ball over from the right and there was an acrobat...
- Sun Dec 3 3:21 PM
Premier League updates from the 4pm GMT kick-off at the Etihad Live scores: follow all the goals as they go in And you can email Jacob or tweet @JacobSteinberg 3.21pm GMT Manchester City make four changes to the team that beat Southampton on Wednesday. In come Eliaquim Mangala, Danilo, David Silv...
- Sun Dec 3 10:00 AM
The recently appointed Hammers boss won’t have to play Manchester City every week, but he will have to start somewhere December was the month that found Manchester City out last year and, though history does not look like repeating itself with Pep Guardiola’s side on the verge of equalling a Prem...
- Sat Dec 2 9:00 AM
If Pep Guardiola could choose a team against whom to try to gain a 20th win on the trot he might well pick West Ham. David Moyes’s side suffered a 4-0 humiliation at fellow-strugglers Everton in mid-week, which included Wayne Rooney’s wonder goal, and will surely not fancy facing Manchester City...
- Fri Dec 1 11:28 AM
• London mayor criticises Boris Johnson over West Ham conversion • ‘It reveals a bungled process with the previous mayor’s fingerprints all over it’ The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is to take over control of the London Stadium, it has been announced. An independent review was published on Friday...
- Fri Dec 1 7:59 AM
Sam Allardyce and Alan Pardew get started at new clubs, Tottenham go to Watford needing an upturn in form and will Nathan Redmond
respond to Guardiola’s pep talk? Olivier Giroud has had to be patient this season. Although he has been a regular starter in the Europa League, the man who was once Ar...
- Thu Nov 30 6:16 PM
The appointments of Allardyce, Pardew, Moyes et al have caught flak but foreign managers from Pep Guardiola to Marco Silva are shining and likewise Englishmen such as Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe It is a little more than a month since Sam Allardyce appeared alongside Richard Keys and Andy Gray in th...
- Thu Nov 30 5:55 PM
• New manager succeeds Koeman who was sacked five weeks ago • Allardyce watched Everton’s defeat of West Ham at Goodison Park Sam Allardyce has been appointed the new Everton manager just a day after watching from the stands as the team cruised to a 4-0 victory against West Ham United at Goodison...
- Thu Nov 30 12:53 PM
The Everton forward has joined an exclusive club of players to have scored from inside his own half. But where does it rank compared to David Beckham, Charlie Adam and the rest? David Beckham, Paul Robinson, Tim Howard, Charlie Adam, Maynor Figueroa and Wayne Rooney
(x2) – the list of players to...
- Thu Nov 30 10:54 AM
The former Napoli, Parma and Chelsea forward discusses his old team-mates, managing West Ham and a six-hour helicopter trip to try a new ice cream Gianfranco Zola still keeps an eye out for West Ham United. It is nine years since the club gave him his first management opportunity and seven since...
- Thu Nov 30 9:07 AM
Today’s fluff clicks while there’s nobody there The likelihood of Hatem Ben Arfa
bringing his rare combination of sensational skills and remarkable substitutes’-bench-based-looks-of-smouldering-discontent back to the Premier League increases with every passing day, with the Frenchman not so much...
- Wed Nov 29 11:51 PM
• Captain says superb goal from beyond halfway line ‘might be my best ever’ • Victory moves side up to 13th place as David Unsworth departs on high note Sam Allardyce was a privileged spectator at Goodison as Wayne Rooney
rolled back the years with a wonderful hat trick. The Everton captain welco...
- Wed Nov 29 10:00 PM
Just when it was least expected but sorely needed, Wayne Rooney
popped up with his first ever hat-trick for Everton, proving that timing, like class, is probably permanent. The 32-year-old even managed to score the third of his goals from his own half with one of the cleanest first-time strikes y...
- Wed Nov 29 7:16 PM
Live updates from the 8pm GMT kick-off Clockwatch: Paul Doyle covers the other five big games Relive Everton’s nine league triumphs in The Title Email email@example.com with your thoughts 7.16pm GMT Everton make five changes to the starting XI ripped apart at St Mary’s on Sunday aftern...
- Wed Nov 29 6:47 PM
Live Premier League updates from around the grounds Email Paul here or tweet him here , if you fancy Everton v West Ham – live MBM coverage with Scott Murray How they stand: the latest Premier League table 6.46pm GMT Hello and welcome . Today’s Premier League fixtures contain some intriguing duel...
- Wed Nov 29 8:15 AM
The former Everton manager is keen to re-employ the methods which worked well for him through much of his 11-year spell in charge at Goodison Park David Moyes was hoping not to talk about Everton but the subject was difficult to avoid before his latest return to Goodison Park. “I’ll tell you this...
- Tue Nov 28 6:21 PM
• Caretaker prepares for West Ham on Wednesday amid great uncertainty • ‘They need to say they are not up for it and we will get players who are’ David Unsworth has conceded Everton are likely to replace him at any moment with Sam Allardyce or another long-term appointment and the caretaker manag...
- Mon Nov 27 10:30 PM
• West Ham manager advises Unsworth to take charge of lower-league club • Scot returns to Goodison on Wednesday hoping for first win with new side David Moyes has urged David Unsworth not to give up on management and to consider a job in the lower leagues when his time as Everton’s caretaker come...
- Mon Nov 27 8:28 AM
Is there a possible straw for Manchester City rivals to clutch at? Jack Wilshere
has an impact off the bench and Riyad Mahrez is treading water at Leicester Manchester City proved they possess the spirit to match their skills in fighting back from an undeserved half-time deficit to claim this win...