- Fri Jan 5 4:03 PM
• Arsenal manager’s comments to Mike Dean followed draw at West Brom • Wenger’s punishment starts at Nottingham Forest in FA Cup on Sunday Arsène Wenger has been handed a three-match touchline ban and a £40, 000 fine following a Football Association misconduct charge over comments he made about t...
- Fri Jan 5 12:02 AM
Sean Dyche should take his best team to Manchester City, Mauricio Pellegrino and Alan Pardew must avoid upsets and VAR will add to a combustible derby If there is one message that Jürgen Klopp has to drum into his defenders before Friday night’s Merseyside derby, it is to resist the temptation to...
- Thu Jan 4 9:57 AM
Only Derby County’s disastrous 2007-08 team – who won once all season – have gone for longer without tasting victory By Martin Laurence for WhoScored? , part of the Guardian Sport Network The significance of the game between Premier League strugglers West Ham and West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday n...
- Wed Jan 3 12:14 PM
• West Ham have identified fan involved in altercation • FA could take sympathetic view towards West Brom player over incident Jake Livermore
has told West Bromwich Albion officials that a remark directed towards him in relation to his baby son who died in 2014 prompted him to wade into the crowd...
- Tue Jan 2 10:01 PM
It was the most dramatic of endings. Most people inside the London Stadium had given up hope of seeing a winning goal and West Ham United were contemplating the disappointment of wasting yet another opportunity against one of their relegation rivals. Andy Carroll
had other ideas, however, and sud...
- Tue Jan 2 6:51 PM
Premier League and Championship updates from Tuesday’s games Live scoreboard: the latest from Tuesday’s matches And feel free to ping Nick an email or tweet him here 6.51pm GMT Swansea: Fabianski, van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Mawson, Rangel, Sanches, Carroll, Clucas, Olsson, Dyer, Ayew. Subs: Fer, N...
- Mon Jan 1 10:30 PM
• West Ham have five days’ extra rest before Tuesday’s Premier League game • Moyes says fixture pile-up leaves Hammers vulnerable to Cup shock West Bromwich Albion have made an official complaint to the Premier League about the fixture scheduling that gives West Ham United five days’ extra rest b...
- Sun Dec 31 8:30 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 31 7:55 PM
• Arsenal manager says professionalism has not improved refereeing • Mike Dean penalises Calum Chambers for handball against West Brom Arsène Wenger delivered a withering attack on the standard of refereeing in the Premier League following the controversial penalty Mike Dean awarded West Bromwich...
- Sun Dec 31 6:43 PM
A landmark game for Arsène Wenger ended in a mixture of anger and frustration as West Bromwich Albion salvaged a draw with a controversial penalty two minutes from time. Wenger, who was taking charge of a record 811th Premier League match, reacted furiously to Mike Dean’s decision to penalise Cal...
- Sun Dec 31 3:51 PM
Premier League updates from the final game of 2017 Wenger marvels at Wilshere but despairs at Sánchez questions And feel free to email Jacob or tweet @JacobSteinberg 3.51pm GMT Pre-match reading Related: Alan Pardew praises Arsène Wenger and hopes to reinforce West Brom’s arsenal Related: Arsène...
- Sun Dec 31 10:00 AM
The winter window opens on 1 January with most clubs desperate to make signings. Here we look at the 20 clubs and the players they hope will arrive Arsène Wenger anticipates that he will be busier fielding enquires about fringe players in his squad – he would be open to moving a few out – but he...
- Sat Dec 30 10:30 PM
• Wenger to break record for number of Premier League games on Sunday • Pardew wants January attacking additions to haul West Brom out of trouble When Arsène Wenger breaks the Premier League record for number of games in charge on Sunday afternoon Alan Pardew will be the first rival manager to co...
- Sat Dec 30 12:28 PM
From Arsenal to West Ham, fans assess what they need most in the January sales Related: Transfer window January 2018 – every deal in Europe's top five leagues Continue reading
- Sat Dec 30 9:00 AM
West Bromwich Albion know how to beat Arsenal. Fire as many balls into the box as often as possible from wide areas, set pieces, goal kicks and throw-ins. Why not even punt it in from kick-off? Arsène Wenger’s lamentable defence has no answer for such tactics at present and concede more than two...