- Mon Nov 5 10:30 PM
• Record goalscorer to feature in friendly against the USA • Match will raise funds for Rooney’s charitable foundation England’s players were not consulted by Gareth Southgate over the plan to offer Wayne Rooney
a farewell appearance for the team, with the manager still considering which shirt to...
- Mon Nov 5 2:24 PM
England players have never been afforded garlanded farewells and whatever the merits of Rooney’s international career, he should not have been made an exception for the USA friendly In September Wesley Sneijder sat on a sofa in the centre circle of the Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam, after makin...
- Sun Nov 4 10:30 PM
• Chris Smalling
confident after last-gasp Bournemouth win • Defender says: ‘We will get chances against Juventus’ Chris Smalling
has acknowledged Manchester United must start making quicker starts to games but the defender believes their latest last-gasp win provides further evidence of a team s...
- Sun Nov 4 8:40 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight View the Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Nov 4 12:47 PM
• Forward retired from international duty in 2017 • Match will be used as a fundraiser for Rooney’s foundation Wayne Rooney
will return to the England squad this week for the friendly fixture against the United States with the Football Association to honour the national team’s highest goalscorer...
- Sat Nov 3 4:44 PM
José Mourinho says his team were ‘very, very lucky’ to be level at half-time at in-form Bournemouth. Anthony Martial equalised for Manchester United in the first half before Marcus Rashford’s injury-time winner. Mourinho praised his sides ‘fantastic character’ after the match Continue reading
- Sat Nov 3 4:27 PM
• Mourinho felt like ‘luckiest manager in league’ to be 1-1 at break • Marcus Rashford scores winner in 2-1 victory at Bournemouth José Mourinho admitted Manchester United’s first-half performance was a “disaster” but praised his side’s fighting spirit after they came from behind to inflict Bourn...
- Sat Nov 3 2:44 PM
Marcus Rashford’s injury-time strike ended Bournemouth’s unbeaten home record in the Premier League as Manchester United came back to record a second consecutive victory that will come as a great relief to their manager. José Mourinho had predicted before the match that United could still force t...
- Sat Nov 3 11:31 AM
Minute-by-minute updates from the 12.30pm GMT kick-off The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email Bournemouth v Manchester United: match preview Send your emails to Barry here or tweet @BGlendenning 11.31am GMT Related: José Mourinho says striker Marcus Rashford is under too much pressur...
- Fri Nov 2 12:21 PM
José Mourinho’s prediction that Manchester United will soon be back in the top four will face a severe examination against Bournemouth, who are unbeaten at home so far this season with three wins and two draws. United have won all but one of the past five meetings of these two sides in the Premie...
- Fri Nov 2 10:42 AM
• Mourinho: club can consider title tilt when they are in top four • ‘When you are there, which we are going to be …you can feel it’ José Mourinho believes Manchester United will soon be in the top four and once there they can consider challenging for the title. United are in eighth place with 17...
- Fri Nov 2 8:51 AM
Pitch invader carried toy guns into Old Trafford at Juve match Club to ‘review our already rigorous security protocols’ Manchester United have launched a review into their security protocols after it emerged a pitch invader got into Old Trafford with two toy guns during last month’s Champions Lea...
- Fri Nov 2 12:01 AM
Liverpool to reveal how good Arsenal really are, Lukaku to be on the bench again and Hart has a point to prove at West Ham After the Unai Emery era opened with defeats by Manchester City and Chelsea, it was hard not to wonder if Arsenal were going to endure another uncertain season. Yet a kind ru...
- Thu Nov 1 8:38 AM
Today’s fluff has run out of sweet things Tottenham Hotspur are interested in hiring a new waiter for their cheese hall and have heard that Barcelona’s Malcom knows how to work a room. However, Arsenal might ask the Brazilian forward if he fancies playing football for them instead. A tough choice...
- Wed Oct 31 3:37 PM
• Manager faced possible touchline ban but charge ‘not proven’ • FA disciplinary department can appeal against decision José Mourinho will not face a touchline ban after an independent panel cleared him of using foul language after Manchester United’s 3-2 win over Newcastle, the FA has announced....
- Wed Oct 31 11:54 AM
The 21-year-old has been a revelation since joining Bournemouth for £10m and proves to the likes of Manchester United that they do not have to always spend big to succeed Bournemouth have been one of the stories of the season so far, and one of the stories behind the Cherries’ rise to sixth place...
- Wed Oct 31 8:50 AM
Today’s tittle-tattle is not a product of the Children’s Television Workshop “TURMOIL” thunders the Daily Express, in an article speculating over the future – or lack of one – of Alexis Sánchez at Manchester United. The pint-sized Chilean has endured a torrid time of it since leaving Arsenal for...
- Tue Oct 30 5:27 PM
• Ianni accepts improper conduct charge after celebrations • Coach goaded United manager after Barkley’s late equaliser Chelsea coach Marco Ianni has been fined £6, 000 by the Football Association after admitting to an improper conduct charge for his over-exuberant celebrations against Manchester...
- Tue Oct 30 3:57 PM
The long-serving Manchester Evening News reporter, who has died at the age of 88, was a gentle and courteous man who earned the unwavering trust of Sir Alex Ferguson There is something about Manchester United that seems to attract loyalty and longevity. If you can make a name for yourself there y...
- Tue Oct 30 8:37 AM
Today’s fluff came across a fallen tree José Mourinho ’s plan to take control of Manchester United’s transfer-botching negotiating department has faltered, after a summit meeting with Ed Woodward at which he planned to propose it was cancelled at the last minute. According to the Mirror, Mourinho...