- Mon Sep 4 10:02 PM
Patience pays off again for Gareth Southgate and co as Marcus Rashford, initially pinned to the right flank, eventually inspires victory amid banks of empty seats Patience, they had all chorused. From Gareth Southgate to Jordan Henderson to Harry Kane. They were talking about the realisation of a...
- Mon Sep 4 9:41 PM
By the end England could reflect on a satisfying evening’s work and, barring an almost improbable collapse, a place at the World Cup in Russia next summer. All they need are two points from their final games against Slovenia and Lithuania and, though there are still clearly imperfections within G...
- Mon Sep 4 3:06 PM
• Spain striker not selected in Antonio Conte’s 25-man squad • Vincent Janssen and Erik Lamela not included by Tottenham Diego Costa has been omitted from Chelsea’s Champions League squad, while Zlatan IBrahimovic has been included in Manchester United’s list despite the veteran striker not being...
- Sun Sep 3 10:30 PM
• Manager urges fans to get behind team after criticism of Malta display • Dier and Rashford in line to start World Cup qualifier against Slovakia Gareth Southgate has addressed the dissatisfaction which surfaced among England fans during Friday’s win over Malta and described the suggestion his p...
- Sun Sep 3 1:15 PM
• Former England captain says his ‘mind is made up’ over retirement • Rooney reveals Fabio
Capello cheered for Italy at 2010 World Cup Wayne Rooney
has insisted that he will not be tempted out of international retirement for one more shot at World Cup glory in Russia next summer. The former Engla...
- Fri Sep 1 12:59 AM
A record amount of money was spent in the window following the latest Premier League TV contract, but some of the most publicised deals didn’t materialise The summer-long Alexis Sánchez saga twisted at the very last, with Arsenal relaxing their absolute not-for-sale stance. Manchester City made t...
- Thu Aug 31 10:30 PM
• Manchester United defender admits abusive language at drug test • Jones and Blind each fined £4, 600 for conduct after Ajax final Phil Jones
has denied directing foul and abusive language at a doping control officer after the Europa League final last season and said the two-game ban imposed by...
- Wed Aug 30 10:30 PM
• Nathaniel Chalobah’s Watford move indicative of the change • Chris Smalling
alone of the 28-man squad yet to start league game Gareth Southgate has introduced a policy in the England set-up where players who are not featuring regularly for their club sides should not expect to keep their places...
- Wed Aug 30 10:55 AM
Fans from all 20 Premier League club tell us how well their signings are settling in and who they want to bring in before the window closes on Thursday night Alexandre Lacazette looks ready to hit the ground running but another centre-back is a must. Virgil van Dijk would be a big improvement in...
- Wed Aug 30 8:53 AM
Today’s fluff is sniffing and snaffling As the old saying goes, all good things come to those who kick up a mighty stink. So Antonio Conte’s summer of strops and sulks looks set to yield a happy conclusion for the Italian, and also for N’Golo Kanté, who is poised to be reunited with not one but t...