- Thu Jan 4 3:09 PM
• Manchester United manager rejects reports of rift with board • ‘My desire is to stay until board and owners are happy with my work’ José Mourinho has responded to speculation that he is unhappy at Manchester United, insisting he will be at the club next season and hopes to extend his stay beyon...
- Wed Jan 3 9:27 AM
Today’s flimflam is feeling frayed After listening to José Mourinho bang on about Manchester City “buying full-backs for the price of strikers” , Antonio Conte took one look at the Premier League table , loaded up £50m into the saddlebags and pointed his steed towards Turin. Alex Sandro
, a man a...
- Tue Jan 2 10:04 AM
Without the injured striker the French midfielder stylishly took on the burden of being Manchester United’s main threat against Everton Both these sides have lost their way a little over the festive period, though not to the extent suggested midway through the first half when Wayne Rooney looked...
- Tue Jan 2 8:41 AM
Today’s rumours are not ready for this Having spent much of December harping on about not having enough money to spend, and how much he dislikes the January transfer window anyway, José Mourinho will use the January transfer window to spend a load of money. First on his shopping list is Antoine G...
- Mon Jan 1 8:44 PM
• Manchester United manager riled by criticism of Frenchman at Southampton • ‘Scholes will be in history as a phenomenal player, not as a pundit’ José Mourinho vented his anger on Paul Scholes
in the wake of Manchester United’s 2-0 win at Everton, accusing the club’s former midfielder of being je...
- Mon Jan 1 7:42 PM
José Mourinho ended 2017 with a winless streak and a litany of complaints but he could have few problems with the start to 2018. Manchester United welcomed in the new year with a commanding second-half display at Everton and a comfortable victory that should do wonders for their manager’s mood. S...
- Mon Jan 1 4:30 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Goodison January transfer window: check out our club-by-club guide And feel free to email Gregg or tweet @GreggBakowski 8.00pm GMT Evening. It’s hard to imagine this ending with the same 4-0 scoreline as the match at Old Trafford in September...
- Mon Jan 1 10:00 AM
Manchester United midfielder’s Common Goal project, in which players and managers donate 1% of their salary to charity, makes him a worthy recipient The Guardian Footballer of the Year is an award given to a player who has done something truly remarkable, whether by overcoming adversity, helping...
- Sun Dec 31 10:30 PM
• Draws down to ill fortune, bad refereeing decisions and injuries, says manager • ‘We have lots of problems. We lost Lukaku, we lost Ibrahimovic for a month’ José Mourinho is becoming ever more desperate to explain Manchester United’s slump. Saturday’s torpid stalemate with Southampton at Old Tr...
- Sun Dec 31 8:30 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 31 1:26 PM
• Young charge follows incident during Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Southampton • Swansea City defender Kyle Naughton
also charged with violent conduct Manchester United’s Ashley Young
has been charged with violent conduct following an incident in Saturday’s match against Southampton, the Football As...
- Sun Dec 31 10:00 AM
The winter window opens on 1 January with most clubs desperate to make signings. Here we look at the 20 clubs and the players they hope will arrive Arsène Wenger anticipates that he will be busier fielding enquires about fringe players in his squad – he would be open to moving a few out – but he...
- Sat Dec 30 7:37 PM
Manchester United again managed only a point when three is the requirement. This latest draw followed those with Leicester City and Burnley and means José Mourinho’s side slips to third in the table behind a resurgent Chelsea. United are becalmed and the downbeat mood is furthered by concern over...
- Sat Dec 30 4:39 PM
Live updates from the 5.30pm kick off at Old Trafford Mourinho reminds Klopp of Pogba fee comment Premier League: fans make their transfer window selections Email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org 4.39pm GMT There’s plenty happening in the 3pm games . You can get the latest news with the...
- Sat Dec 30 12:28 PM
From Arsenal to West Ham, fans assess what they need most in the January sales Related: Transfer window January 2018 – every deal in Europe's top five leagues Continue reading
- Fri Dec 29 8:02 PM
As Frenchman prepares for 811th league game in charge to overhaul Sir Alex Ferguson it will sharpen focus on his legacy and who will eventually succeed him Behold, the age of Arsène. The past few years of Arsène Wenger’s extended Arsenal farewell have brought something new, a gradual piling up of...
- Fri Dec 29 4:31 PM
Whatever José Mourinho says about not having enough money – a £261m spend, anyone? – the bottom line is Manchester United are 15 points behind rivals Manchester City after 20 games. It means the title is all but over and so the manager’s job is to ensure United finish second. At the moment they a...
- Fri Dec 29 2:38 PM
• Refers to Klopp’s 2016 view that he would never wish to buy success • ‘I think the one that speaks about it in a specific way has to be Jürgen’ José Mourinho believes Jürgen Klopp should be asked about his view that he would never wish to buy success after Liverpool’s agreement this week to pay...
- Fri Dec 29 7:53 AM
Carvalhal needs immediate impact at Swansea, Schmeichel seeks redemption and Chelsea’s Azpilicueta-Morata combination threatens Stoke The wisdom of appointing Carlos Carvalhal as Swansea’s new manager is, to say the least, questionable: a man who was dismissed on Christmas Eve for underachieving...