- Mon Dec 4 6:12 PM
• Red card against Arsenal on Saturday means Frenchman misses City game • Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being given every chance to be fit for the derby Paul Pogba will start against CSKA Moscow on Tuesdayafter Manchester United decided not to appeal against his red card at Arsenal . The France midfielde...
- Mon Dec 4 5:12 PM
• Manchester City manager reminded of responsibilities by FA • Guardiola remonstrated with Southampton’s Redmond after last week’s win Pep Guardiola has been reminded of his responsibilities by the Football Association but will face no further action for his animated exchange with Nathan Redmond
- Mon Dec 4 8:15 AM
Manchester City chasing record number of records, Hazard challenged to get better still, Puel proves his worth again and Pochettino unfazed by wobble • Sign up now and get our weekly email, The Recap, every Friday Related: Pep Guardiola happy as Man City repeat ‘Fergie time’ trick against West Ha...
- Sun Dec 3 10:30 PM
The French midfielder sat out the dying moments of the thrilling 3-1 victory at Arsenal but will be sorely missed for the Manchester derby and beyond A French midfielder with massive presence sent off in an intense match between Manchester United and Arsenal reflected on his emotions in the dress...
- Sun Dec 3 7:29 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 3 6:18 PM
Manchester City again frustrated Manchester United by grabbing a late victory and all three points. The score showed 1-1 and the clock 83 minutes when Pep Guardiola’s men produced yet another dramatic winner. Kevin De Bruyne nonchalantly flicked a ball over from the right and there was an acrobat...
- Sun Dec 3 12:50 PM
Despite creating numerous chances at the Emirates, Arsène Wenger’s side came off second best once again and showed that they remain unstable at the back For 79 minutes on Saturday, Arsenal were superb. In that spell, they had 32 shots to Manchester United’s five. They pummelled a team noted for i...
- Sat Dec 2 10:46 PM
• ‘Paul is a clean player and it was not his intention to be close to a red card’ • Manager praises goalkeeper David de Gea for world-beating performance José Mourinho claimed that Paul Pogba had not set out to hurt Héctor Bellerín in the flashpoint that led to a straight red card for the Manches...
- Sat Dec 2 10:10 PM
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger cannot hide his frustration after his side was beaten by Manchester United on Saturday. The Gunners dominated for long periods and had 33 shots on goal but lost a thrilling encounter 3-1. José Mourinho meanwhile praises his Manchester United players following the res...
- Sat Dec 2 9:41 PM
Arsène Wenger might rightly feel his side should have defeated Mourinho’s side, but that would be to deny the unadulterated brilliance of the man in the United goal How did Arsenal not win this match? Actually scratch that. How did Arsenal not win this match 6-3, or at the very least end up drawi...
- Sat Dec 2 7:43 PM
It was an occasion when Manchester United demonstrated a remorseless edge in front of goal and yet could count goalkeeper David De Gea
as their most influential player. And it was one in which the joy of a first Premier League away win over a “big six” rival under José Mourinho was undercut by a...
- Sat Dec 2 4:44 PM
Live updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off Email Rob here with your thoughts Scoreboard: all Saturday’s results and latest scores Jonathan Wilson: Arsenal are flying but fear of lapses remains 4.44pm GMT Some pre-match reading Related: Have Arsenal finally found a cure for the counterattack? | Jac...
- Fri Dec 1 10:30 PM
The Gunners have long been vulnerable to conceding goals on the break but Arsène Wenger’s change in formation has helped in addressing the problem A common sight at the Emirates Stadium in the past decade has been the away team storming into acres of space to seek reward on the counterattack, wit...
- Fri Dec 1 10:30 PM
• Manchester United manager ‘not surprised’ at lack of sanction • Mourinho had been sent off for encroachment during play at St Mary’s José Mourinho said on Friday he is “not surprised” Pep Guardiola received no sanction for going on to the pitch after Manchester City’s late winner against Southa...
- Fri Dec 1 5:09 PM
Arsène Wenger will be disappointed to be without the services of Alexandre Lacazette but with Mesut Özil’s magical range of passing the manager can at least be confident the striker’s replacement should have chances. José Mourinho will want more from Romelu Lukaku but the Belgian’s struggles may...
- Fri Dec 1 9:01 AM
Today’s piffle has just opened its first window Rafael
Benitez is going to try do something kind this Christmas by giving a lonely, forgotten and unhappy left-back a home. He’s had a enough of seeing Luke Shaw
soak up the blame for everything bad that has ever happened to Manchester United and wi...
- Fri Dec 1 7:59 AM
Sam Allardyce and Alan Pardew get started at new clubs, Tottenham go to Watford needing an upturn in form and will Nathan Redmond
respond to Guardiola’s pep talk? Olivier Giroud has had to be patient this season. Although he has been a regular starter in the Europa League, the man who was once Ar...
- Thu Nov 30 7:00 PM
The value of a reliable, unfussy midfield shield can be easily overlooked in an era of statistics and analysis but even the most expansive and exciting teams need a Kanté, a Busquets or a Makélélé One man doesn’t make a team but one player can make the difference, which is what I witnessed as we...
- Thu Nov 30 4:15 PM
Arsène Wenger’s team are on a winning streak, and Mesut Özil is sparkling, but before Manchester United’s visit on Saturday, there is no evidence yet that underlying failings of focus and organisation have been eradicated Arsenal are fourth! Arsenal have won their past three league games in a row...
- Thu Nov 30 12:53 PM
The Everton forward has joined an exclusive club of players to have scored from inside his own half. But where does it rank compared to David Beckham, Charlie Adam and the rest? David Beckham, Paul Robinson, Tim Howard, Charlie Adam, Maynor Figueroa and Wayne Rooney
(x2) – the list of players to...
- Wed Nov 29 11:51 PM
• Captain says superb goal from beyond halfway line ‘might be my best ever’ • Victory moves side up to 13th place as David Unsworth departs on high note Sam Allardyce was a privileged spectator at Goodison as Wayne Rooney
rolled back the years with a wonderful hat trick. The Everton captain welco...
- Wed Nov 29 10:00 PM
Just when it was least expected but sorely needed, Wayne Rooney
popped up with his first ever hat-trick for Everton, proving that timing, like class, is probably permanent. The 32-year-old even managed to score the third of his goals from his own half with one of the cleanest first-time strikes y...
- Tue Nov 28 11:32 PM
• ‘I prefer to forget the five minutes where we conceded the two goals’ • ‘To play away and score four goals … this was very, very good’ José Mourinho is often portrayed as a pure defensive technician but it was Manchester United’s exuberant attacking play that warmed a see‑sawing 4-2 victory at...
- Tue Nov 28 9:59 PM
Manchester United looked like running away from Watford midway through the first half as Ashley Young
enjoyed an early festive return to Vicarage Road, scoring two lovely goals to help open up a 3-0 lead. Watford never gave up though, dragging it back to 3-2, before Jesse Lingard took the game aw...
- Tue Nov 28 7:13 PM
Live updates from the 8pm GMT Premier League kick-off Clockwatch: the latest from tonight’s other matches Early xmas shopping? The Title: The Story of the First Division Email email@example.com with your musings 7.12pm GMT Watford make one change to the starting XI sent out to defeat N...
- Tue Nov 28 9:00 AM
Today’s fluff is setting out its terms The Manchester United manager José Mourinho, who has always come across as a bit of a Ned Flanders, is apparently planning to turn Old Trafford into a Salford-based branch of The Leftorium. Alarmed at the balance of his squad, Mourinho is targeting four left...