- Thu Nov 30 7:00 PM
The value of a reliable, unfussy midfield shield can be easily overlooked in an era of statistics and analysis but even the most expansive and exciting teams need a Kanté, a Busquets or a Makélélé One man doesn’t make a team but one player can make the difference, which is what I witnessed as we...
- Thu Nov 30 4:15 PM
Arsène Wenger’s team are on a winning streak, and Mesut Özil is sparkling, but before Manchester United’s visit on Saturday, there is no evidence yet that underlying failings of focus and organisation have been eradicated Arsenal are fourth! Arsenal have won their past three league games in a row...
- Thu Nov 30 12:53 PM
The Everton forward has joined an exclusive club of players to have scored from inside his own half. But where does it rank compared to David Beckham, Charlie Adam and the rest? David Beckham, Paul Robinson, Tim Howard, Charlie Adam, Maynor Figueroa and Wayne Rooney
(x2) – the list of players to...
- Wed Nov 29 11:51 PM
• Captain says superb goal from beyond halfway line ‘might be my best ever’ • Victory moves side up to 13th place as David Unsworth departs on high note Sam Allardyce was a privileged spectator at Goodison as Wayne Rooney
rolled back the years with a wonderful hat trick. The Everton captain welco...
- Wed Nov 29 10:00 PM
Just when it was least expected but sorely needed, Wayne Rooney
popped up with his first ever hat-trick for Everton, proving that timing, like class, is probably permanent. The 32-year-old even managed to score the third of his goals from his own half with one of the cleanest first-time strikes y...
- Tue Nov 28 11:32 PM
• ‘I prefer to forget the five minutes where we conceded the two goals’ • ‘To play away and score four goals … this was very, very good’ José Mourinho is often portrayed as a pure defensive technician but it was Manchester United’s exuberant attacking play that warmed a see‑sawing 4-2 victory at...
- Tue Nov 28 9:59 PM
Manchester United looked like running away from Watford midway through the first half as Ashley Young
enjoyed an early festive return to Vicarage Road, scoring two lovely goals to help open up a 3-0 lead. Watford never gave up though, dragging it back to 3-2, before Jesse Lingard took the game aw...
- Tue Nov 28 7:13 PM
Live updates from the 8pm GMT Premier League kick-off Clockwatch: the latest from tonight’s other matches Early xmas shopping? The Title: The Story of the First Division Email email@example.com with your musings 7.12pm GMT Watford make one change to the starting XI sent out to defeat N...
- Tue Nov 28 9:00 AM
Today’s fluff is setting out its terms The Manchester United manager José Mourinho, who has always come across as a bit of a Ned Flanders, is apparently planning to turn Old Trafford into a Salford-based branch of The Leftorium. Alarmed at the balance of his squad, Mourinho is targeting four left...
- Mon Nov 27 9:09 AM
Today’s tell all loves the smell of napalm and freshly baked croissants in the morning Following a weekend in which a Twitter spat involving self promotion’s Piers Morgan, scared popster Olly Murs, his waspish fellow crooner James Blunt, the real Toni Kroos and somebody masquerading as Kolo Touré...
- Mon Nov 27 8:28 AM
Is there a possible straw for Manchester City rivals to clutch at? Jack Wilshere
has an impact off the bench and Riyad Mahrez is treading water at Leicester Manchester City proved they possess the spirit to match their skills in fighting back from an undeserved half-time deficit to claim this win...
- Mon Nov 27 12:59 AM
• Manchester United manager says there is no pressure on the striker • Forward has scored for United in only one of his last 10 matches José Mourinho was at his most succinct. For the ninth time in 10 matches his £75m striker had failed to find the net. “He didn’t score, ” the Manchester United m...
- Sun Nov 26 8:10 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight, featuring Jürgen Klopp, Richarlison and a rain-soaked Old Trafford • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sat Nov 25 7:49 PM
A downbeat-looking Jose Mourinho raised questions about Paul Pogba's fitness and criticised the creativity of his Manchester United side after a 1-0 victory against a Brighton side who created plenty of chances of their own. Henrikh Mkhitaryan ‘disappeared’ during games, says José Mourinho Cont...
- Sat Nov 25 5:08 PM
Manchester United did what was required by defeating Brighton and closing the gap to Manchester City to five points until Sunday afternoon at least. The uneven form of José Mourinho’s side was again evident yet all that matters as they play catch-up with City is to put some pressure on the Premie...
- Fri Nov 24 10:30 PM
• Manchester United manager says striker dropped for not working hard enough • Armenian back in the squad to face Brighton in Premier League on Saturday José Mourinho dropped Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Manchester United’s last two squads because the forward had been “disappearing” in games. The mana...
- Fri Nov 24 8:18 PM
• Midfielder underwent treatment for irregular heart rhythm after tests • Carrick ‘healthy and back training hard with the team’ Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick
has undergone a procedure to treat an irregular heart rhythm and hopes to make a swift return to action. Carrick revealed h...
- Fri Nov 24 2:11 PM
In the pre-game press conference José Mourinho highlighted that Manchester United’s three Premier League matches in the coming eight days are crucial to his side’s title challenge. First up are Chris Hughton’s Brighton whose position in ninth suggests they are no pushovers. Winning is imperative...
- Fri Nov 24 10:21 AM
• Manchester United player says kit man had to steam and stretch boots • New Balance says it sent new boots and Fellaini said they were ‘perfect’ A high court judge may have to examine a series of WhatsApp messages if asked to rule on a row over Marouane Fellaini
’s boots. The Manchester United mi...