- Thu May 3 6:59 PM
The Manchester United manager has consistently managed to win things – even when he does not have the best team According to José Mourinho, it took him “20 years to become an overnight success”. Having spent a few days this week on the final part of my Uefa pro licence coaching course, I am begin...
- Thu May 3 4:47 PM
• Defender has not played for Manchester United in nearly a month • ‘Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Lindelöf are fighting for World Cup place’ José Mourinho has revealed why Eric Bailly has been frozen out of the Manchester United first team in the last few weeks – it is because Ivory Coast have not q...
- Tue May 1 11:59 AM
• Martial viewed as possible replacement for Eden Hazard
• Frenchman frustrated by lack of chances at Old Trafford Chelsea have joined the list of clubs monitoring Anthony Martial’s situation at Manchester United and would move for the France international if the striker agitates for a transfer f...
- Mon Apr 30 8:28 PM
• Manchester United striker underwent scan on ankle on Monday • Medical department optimistic over injury Romelu Lukaku
had a scan on his injured ankle on Monday, with the hope being that the Manchester United No 9 should be fit for the FA Cup final against Chelsea on 19 May. While the Belgian is...
- Mon Apr 30 8:44 AM
The Gaëtan Bong/Jay Rodriguez
story takes another ugly turn, and Mark Hughes tries to summon the spirit of ‘99 On they go, refusing even to the consider the possibility of lowering their untouchable standards. Manchester City were at their elegant best against West Ham and the way they have perfo...
- Mon Apr 30 8:01 AM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Apr 29 8:22 PM
• Sir Alex Ferguson presented Wenger with vase before the kick-off • ‘My successor will watch game and come to positive conclusion’ Arsène Wenger joked that his warm reception before Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat against Manchester United was because the outgoing manager was no longer a “danger”. Wenger,...
- Sun Apr 29 8:15 PM
Alex Ferguson’s presentation to his former rival served to highlight just how much the Arsenal side have declined in recent years The first question received an emphatic answer: Arsène Wenger received a rousing ovation as he strode along the Old Trafford touchline that ended with an embrace from...
- Sun Apr 29 6:49 PM
The problem with football, as Arsène Wenger is rapidly finding out, is that there is never any guarantee of a happy ending. The lingering memory of this game will be the applause that followed Arsenal’s manager down the touchline before the match. Yet Manchester United’s hospitality, on a day whe...
- Sun Apr 29 3:41 PM
Latest updates from the 4.30pm kickoff at Old Trafford Wenger out to avoid final Old Trafford indignity with Arsenal Email your thoughts to Rob 3.38pm BST Pre-match reading Related: Arsène Wenger out to avoid final Old Trafford indignity with Arsenal | Amy Lawrence Related: José Mourinho believes...
- Sun Apr 29 9:27 AM
Tottenham, devastated by their FA Cup semi-final defeat against Manchester United last week, must bounce back to maintain their advantage over Chelsea chasing in fifth place, who on Monday may be two points behind Spurs, by taking all three against out-out-form Watford. Javi Gracia’s side, winles...
- Sat Apr 28 10:38 PM
• Mourinho: ‘Arsenal Invincibles made me a better coach’ • ‘This is the kind of job where experience makes you better’ José Mourinho has thanked Arsène Wenger for making him a better manager and admitted he, too, would like to still be in charge of a football club at the age of 68. The two manage...
- Sat Apr 28 12:12 PM
Scene of some of the manager’s greatest triumphs has brought devastating lows more recently and Manchester United will smell blood Deep in football conversation a few years ago Arsène Wenger outlined a theory he had about how the way managers talk about football can get into a player’s subconscio...
- Sat Apr 28 9:16 AM
Relations between José Mourinho and Arsène Wenger have eased recently yet how Manchester United fans might greet the Arsenal manager, for so long their bete noire, as he walks out at Old Trafford will intrigue, given the Frenchman is leaving the Gunners. On the pitch United will hope to claim ano...
- Fri Apr 27 2:13 PM
• Manchester United manager called Wenger ‘specialist in failure’ • Mourinho hopes Arsenal manager gets good Old Trafford reception José Mourinho has admitted to regrets over “episodes and words” involving him and Arsène Wenger. Manchester United’s manager believes his opposite number at Arsenal...
- Fri Apr 27 11:07 AM
It’s once again time to appreciate the most incompetent teams in the Premier League, from those who throw the ball straight to opposition to goalkeepers who can’t keep goal Welcome to the Guardian’s fourth annual index of ineptitude, its directory of disappointment and catalogue of clumsiness. To...