- Thu Dec 28 8:00 AM
As the Arsenal manager prepares to draw level with Sir Alex Ferguson on 810 Premier League games, he says he never imagined staying around for this long The idealist in Arsène Wenger is never far from the surface. The Arsenal manager has reverted to a back four in recent matches – his default set...
- Wed Dec 27 4:55 PM
Arsène Wenger has told José Mourinho he has spent his 21 years at Arsenal as a poor relation of the Premier League’s financial elite. He said that a manager simply had to find other ways to close the gap. ‘I have been in that position for 21 years so I will not start to complain now, ’ Wenger sai...
- Wed Dec 27 2:30 PM
The manager’s complaints over a lack of spending are amusing but there is no doubt Manchester City’s rise has made the job of bringing success back to Old Trafford more difficult In terms of attention-grabbing headlines and photographs of Manchester United’s manager looking less than delighted wi...
- Wed Dec 27 11:51 AM
• ‘I have been in that position for 21 years so I can’t start to complain now’ • Wenger says he expects progress on new Arsenal deal for Jack Wilshere
Arsène Wenger has hinted José Mourinho should stop complaining about being unable to match Manchester City’s spending power. Wenger has insisted h...
- Wed Dec 27 8:48 AM
Our roundup of the best photography from the festive top-flight matches Continue reading
- Tue Dec 26 9:28 PM
José Mourinho pointed to how Manchester City have bought full-backs ‘for the price of strikers’ after his side could only draw 2-2 with Burnley at Old Trafford. Mourinho added that his team are rebuilding and said Arsenal and Tottenham should be equally criticised for struggling to mount a title...
- Tue Dec 26 7:24 PM
• Mourinho complains Manchester City ‘spend striker money on full-backs’ • Manager says United concede too many ‘s’ goals José Mourinho pointed to how Manchester City have bought full-backs for the usual value of strikers and said Manchester United’s investment of close to £300m since he arrived...
- Tue Dec 26 5:09 PM
This is becoming a dire festive period for José Mourinho. The 2-2 draw with Burnley followed Saturday’s identical result at Leicester City so Manchester United will trail Manchester City by 15 points should Pep Guardiola’s men beat Newcastle United on Wednesday evening. Continue reading
- Tue Dec 26 2:00 PM
Live Premier League updates from the 3pm kick-offs Premier League fans’ half-time verdict – part 1: Arsenal to Liverpool Premier League fans’ half-time verdict - part 2: Man City to West Ham Email Michael or tweet: @michaelbutler18 11.59am GMT Are you bored of Christmas? Ready to poke your head a...
- Mon Dec 25 2:39 PM
United manager’s public criticism of his players was the latest sign he is feeling the pressure as his side trail Manchester City in the Premier League title race The question was harmless enough but the response was revealing. In the King Power Stadium, with the pain of Leicester City’s late equ...
- Sat Dec 23 11:24 PM
• Manchester United manager calls last-gasp 2-2 draw ‘as bad as a defeat’ • ‘Some players make childish decision until the end of their career’ José Mourinho blamed “childish decisions” for his side’s inability to hold on to a 2-1 lead as Manchester United slipped 13 points behind Manchester City...
- Sat Dec 23 9:54 PM
It was all looking so promising for José Mourinho. Having seen his Manchester United side come back from conceding the opening goal to lead 2-1 through two strikes from Juan Mata, a last-minute lapse of concentration in defence allowed Harry Maguire to snatch a point for Leicester with the final...
- Sat Dec 23 6:47 PM
Minute-by-minute Premier League updates, kick-off 7.45pm (GMT) FA to take no action over Manchester derby tunnel clash at Old Trafford And feel free to email Michael or tweet @michaelbutler18 10.41am GMT Claaaaaaaude Puel Claaaaaaaude Puel Mahrez, Gray, Vardy, Ndidi, Chilwell Continue reading
- Fri Dec 22 8:35 PM
• Berizzo sacked a week after successful surgery to treat prostate cancer • Sevilla set to face Manchester United in the last 16 of the Champions League Manchester United’s Champions League opponents Sevilla have sacked their coach Eduardo Berizzo exactly a week after he returned to work followin...
- Fri Dec 22 4:21 PM
Two sides eliminated from the League Cup meet with most of United’s players well rested after missing the defeat at Bristol City and a road trip back which arrived at 5am. Leicester had to go to extra time against Manchester City and Claude Puel feels they were unlucky to lose on penalties though...
- Fri Dec 22 3:08 PM
• Real Madrid and Tottenahm also interested in 17-year-old defender • United prepared to allow Luke Shaw
to leave Old Trafford Manchester United are preparing an opening offer of initial £25m for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon, with José Mourinho prepared to allow Luke Shaw
to leave Old Trafford...
- Fri Dec 22 8:20 AM
How will Arsenal cope with Liverpool’s fearsome foursome, the Mark Hughes ultimatum and whether Sam Allardyce will ever win over Everton fans It would be a dereliction of duty if Arsène Wenger has not spent the past few days coming up with a way to stop Liverpool’s fearsome attack from running ri...