- Mon Sep 25 6:17 PM
• Russian Football Union security chief takes tough Champions League stance • Security teams from English clubs working with Spartak Moscow and CSKA Liverpool and Manchester United supporters have been warned they face “a long stay in Russia” should trouble occur at their Champions League fixture...
- Mon Sep 25 8:53 AM
Sean Dyche was worked up about nothing, Mark Hughes hopes life for Stoke will get easier and Ronald Koeman played his last cards to get Everton out of trouble If Brighton survive this season – and they survived this game thanks to several Newcastle misses and some good goalkeeping – there is ever...
- Sun Sep 24 6:38 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Sep 24 6:08 PM
Southampton victory shows Jose Mourinho’s men have rediscovered their ruthless streak at just the right time as testing month of fixtures looms For more than half an hour, José Mourinho sat waiting on the Manchester United team coach outside St Mary’s doubtless basking in the comfort of a job wel...
- Sat Sep 23 9:33 PM
• Away fans at Southampton ignore requests from the player to stop singing • José Mourinho describes support as ‘amazing’ and claims not to have heard Manchester United are liaising with Hampshire police and Southampton in an attempt to identify supporters who ignored an appeal not to sing an off...
- Sat Sep 23 7:09 PM
José Mourinho insists it is ‘just the start’ after Manchester United’s win at Southampton on Saturday, the club’s fifth in six league games so far this season. Romelu Lukalu scored the only goal of the game as United ran out 1-0 winners on the south coast Romelu Lukaku strike enough to give Manch...
- Sat Sep 23 5:11 PM
José Mourinho ended up being sent to the stands here in stoppage time, though this was still the kind of victory to make him purr. Manchester United have maintained their eye-catching start to the campaign even if a contest they had initially threatened to dominate, bullying their hosts into subm...
- Fri Sep 22 6:41 PM
Bournemouth defender, who has learned to deal with setbacks, recalls the moment he lost his Mother Teresa tag and the social media consequences Tyrone Mings is casting his mind back to that notorious flashpoint with Zlatan Ibrahimovic last season and considering whether he thinks the public perce...
- Fri Sep 22 5:13 PM
For all the soul-searching about the English game’s institutional failings, the mood might be very different if Alex Ferguson had left Manchester United for England in 2002 It is probably not a date many people have inked into their pocket diary. But last week brought the 10th anniversary of the...
- Fri Sep 22 4:03 PM
• Roy Hodgson’s side ‘do have quality’ says Manchester City manager • Pep Guardiola shares José Mourinho’s scepticism about League Cup “My dear fellow, ” Pep Guardiola said, his eyes twinkling to confirm that what he said next might not be completely what he believed. “This is the Premier League....
- Fri Sep 22 4:02 PM
Mauricio Pellegrino is up for the challenge of reining in Manchester United and may opt to start Virgil van Dijk in central defence, while striker Charlie Austin is available after a knock. Captain Steven Davis has called on Southampton fans to get behind them at a venue where United have won nin...
- Fri Sep 22 3:02 PM
• Manchester United manager praises forward’s ‘great improvement’ • Mourinho sidesteps questions over Romelu Lukaku
chant controversy José Mourinho believes Anthony Martial’s impressive start to the season is because the Manchester United forward is far happier than he was last year. The 21-year-...
- Fri Sep 22 11:19 AM
United are making a habit of winning 4-0 – the perfect Mourinho scoreline – and his second-season changes have given his side an authoritative air Nobody is such a master of the humdrum four-goal win as José Mourinho. When his sides start winning 4-0 and 4-1 and others start rolling their eyes ,...
- Thu Sep 21 10:41 PM
West Bromwich Albion midfielder, who will play his 633rd Premier League game at Arsenal on Monday, has taken up yoga, shows no signs of slowing down and says he could still be playing at 40 If Gareth Barry
was beginning to feel frazzled by a morning of media commitments at The Hawthorns, the mess...
- Thu Sep 21 7:41 PM
• Tech companies’ interest will escalate financial boom for top clubs • Ed Woodward announces record income made by United The internet giants Amazon and Facebook are likely to bid for Premier League football streaming rights, which will further escalate the huge financial boom for England’s top...
- Wed Sep 20 10:44 PM
• Tottenham host London rivals West Ham at Wembley in fourth round • Crystal Palace will be wary of an upset when they travel to Bristol City Holders Manchester United will travel to Swansea in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup. José Mourinho’s side beat Championship Burton 4-1 at Old Trafford...
- Wed Sep 20 10:06 PM
Manchester United swatted Burton Albion aside in what is becoming familiar fashion this season. Their fourth four-goal haul of the season made it a total of 24 in eight outings in all competitions, as they began their defence of the League Cup. José Mourinho had said United would be taking the co...
- Wed Sep 20 6:45 PM
Chelsea v Forest, Everton v Sunderland and West Brom v Man City Live scoreboard! Follow all the night’s games around Europe Feel free to email email@example.com And if you like your football old-school, this may be your bag 11.15am BST It’s the third round of the League Cup! (No, I can...
- Wed Sep 20 4:25 PM
Brainchild of Gary Neville
and ex-teammates will offer courses designed to ‘enhance life skills as well as employability’ Members of Manchester United’s famous “class of 92” have unveiled plans to open a university that will teach students how to understand finance, cope under pressure and “maint...
- Wed Sep 20 10:25 AM
Doncaster’s manager will recreate a famous touchline pairing when he takes on Arsenal in the Carabao Cup. He discusses Wenger, Sir Alex’s advice and his Premier League ambitions In his office overlooking Doncaster Rovers’ lush training pitches Darren Ferguson is telling a story that neatly illust...
- Tue Sep 19 3:34 PM
Former Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand
is to start training to become a professional boxer. He will be trained by former World Boxing Council super-middleweight champion Richie Woodhall, who said he expects Ferdinand to slot into the cruiserweight division, one below heavyweight. The t...
- Tue Sep 19 1:05 PM
The song about Romelu Lukaku
’s penis is not just ‘banter’ because the trouble with supposedly positive stereotypes is that they tend to be accompanied in the minds of those who hold them by distinctly less complimentary ones Why is it racist to say Jews are careful with their money? Why is it rac...
- Tue Sep 19 12:32 PM
• Manchester United striker one of six English players on shortlist • Gabriel Jesus of Manchester City also nominated as best under 21 player Marcus Rashford, Kylian Mbappé and Ousmane Dembélé are among the 25 contenders to win the 2017 Golden Boy award, run by the Italian newspaper Tuttosport an...